GUILTY MI - Jonathon Hoffman, 17, shot to death, West Bloomfield, 18 May 2012

I live in Oakland County and should probably have more interest in this case, but it just doesn't appeal to me for some reason. I think it was definitely overkill on the part of the grandmother, and I have to allow for the possibility that she has some type of mental deficiency that caused her to commit this violent crime against her grandson. :moo:

I'm sorry, Grandma, but this is just not going to work for me. I can understand self defense after the first round of shots. But then the boy ran to another room to call 911 for help. She followed him and shot him some more, while he was on the phone with 911.

The attorney is saying self defense. Grandma apparently decided she doesn't want him in her gene pool and did away with him.

the idea that she may have been following him around the house as he was already wounded and bleeding heavily continuing to shoot him is so horrific, she had the chance to get out of the house if the first shot/s were in self defence but seems she did not retreat but actively pursued him and continued to shoot him

I see the prosecution rested; is the trial over or is the defense going to now present a case?

defence is to present its case in chief next, the defendant is expected to testify

Guilty of second degree murder, this is what I would have gone for

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back