MI MI - Julia Niswender, 23, EMU student, Ypsilanti, 10 Dec 2012 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Black_squirrel, I don't know what came up in court, for we live in FL.
I do remember when the report happened. We were never told by Kim or JT about why CPS were investigating them exactly, but were told by Kim at the time that they were visited by CPS. It's my understanding that any of the CPS reports are confidential, you can give CPS information, but they can NOT share information about any investigation with anyone other then the people that REPORTED the incidents and the people that were reported. Trojan and I didn't find out about the reason for the report in 2000, until you all did in the media. WE were never told that by Turnquist family.
There are several words that I keep seeing and hearing on WebSleuths, and in the media, and talking to family and friends 'groomed', 'hushed', told to 'keep your mouth shut', don't let anyone know, it's a secret, non of anybodies business and controlled. I did witness and hear those words a lot when we visited our MI family. Lot's of stuff the MI didn't want us to hear about, we usually found out some stuff but there were a lot of family secrets. I had always been concerned for the Twins and our minor grandchild that lived in the Turnquist home. On occasion, I would mention my concerns, and get a horrible nasty phone call from Kim cussing like a sailor at a truck stop, telling me that I better shut up. Well, I did, and I can tell you this, look where ME and OTHERS that have been told to 'shut up and you better mind your own business' has gotten this family. A precious, beautiful, fantastic lady has been taken from this family, and perhaps that may NOT have happened if instead Kim would have listened to reason about the families concerns. I FOR ONE WILL NOT KEEP QUIET ANY LONGER, my fear is that if I don't share what I know and what I have witnessed and heard about.... that something may happen to yet another person in our family, or ring of friends. So I do encourage, anyone that may know something or witnessed somethings that you felt was inappropriate, to report it to LE, either Monroe for the Child *advertiser censored*, or to Ypsilanti for the POI in the murder of Julia Niswender.
Well, you and I do NOT know if JT, the POI is in anyway responsible for the murder of Julia, but until he gives a formal statement in writing and fully cooperates with LE, we will never really know will we. We all are just waiting patiently for that to happen.

I am confused by this - Was Trojan speaking with Rose in regards to the CPS allegations as they were happening? Or did no one talk about it until it came out in the media recently?

There seem to be multiple statements about "recalling" and what was said and done at the time - and then other statements that no one on the Niswender side was aware of what was going on until now?

KT's account of Julia's activities in the days prior to her death:

Julia was in Monroe on Thursday night - She helped decorate the family tree at the T home. Julia was excited because JT and KT had went and cut down their first Real Christmas tree. *at one time this video was on facebook* (KT is unaware of whether she went out afterwards)

Friday night after KT was out of work KT, minor child, and the twins were in Monroe at Grandma Rose's home helping her decorate her tree. (Again KT is unaware of whether she went out afterwards) *This was the last time KT saw Julia. KT had to work Saturday so she hugged and kissed Julia, and told her to be safe (a friend of Julia's had been killed on US23 and she was always worried about her safety when she drove on that road) She said I will mom and love you too! Big hug and kiss and KT left.

Julia never told anyone in the family about her date on Saturday night. In fact twin was surprised when she heard about it because Julia had never mentioned the date to her when they met for lunch on Sunday with minor child. (However, friends at Walmart were aware of the date)

Another note on JT - He did provide LE with copies of his ledgers, and calendars including what accounts he did, the mileage, who was working with him, and in and out times to include total hours. LE has also spoken with his employees.

Julia never told anyone in the family about her date on Saturday night. In fact twin was surprised when she heard about it because Julia had never mentioned the date to her when they met for lunch on Sunday with minor child. (However, friends at Walmart were aware of the date)

LOL, no surprise there...I recall doing the same in college. Family asks WAY too many questions!

Electric - I think what surprised me about this was that even Jennifer was not aware. I will admit when I was dating I did not always tell my family, but I did tell my select group of what I would consider "best friends"

I'm not absolutely clear on this but I believe Julia helped KT decorate their Christmas tree first then went to grandma's to do her's. I do know both trees were done about the same time. Julia spent Friday night at Grandma's then went to her job Saturday morning. She did have a date Saturday night and he has been thoroughly investigated, poly graphed, fingerprinted and DNA tested. He was cleared by LE. Now, what happened Friday night is something I don't know about. I do know that LE has really investigated KM & her boyfriend extensively and had brought them back for questioning more than once. I too, have some deep feelings that they know "something" but may not be as honest with LE as they should be. I agree that the fact that she (KM) seems to show very little feelings about Julia being murdered is not what I would consider normal and does raise some red flags in my mind. Maybe the same people who were there Friday night came back Sunday evening looking for something as you theorized.

Trojan - do you know if LE administered poly's and if they passed? I'm assuming so since they haven't been named POI's, but thought I'd confirm. If they have, I'm going to scratch her off the list and focus elsewhere.

In reading remarks about the days leading up to this tragic event, it is good to read that Julia enjoyed happy days preparing for Christmas. I especially love that she was peeking at what Jennifer had gotten her. So sweet.
And the happy image of her decorating the trees. I hope that is what everyone is holding on to. Sweet memories.

Electric - I think what surprised me about this was that even Jennifer was not aware. I will admit when I was dating I did not always tell my family, but I did tell my select group of what I would consider "best friends"

You have a good point, I don't know what it's like to have a sister, let alone a twin. It does seem like she would've told Jennifer, maybe Jennifer wasn't good at keeping things quiet? Idk.

What Wal-Mart store did Julia work at? Was it the one in Ypsilanti, or the one in Saline? News articles don't seem to agree on this.

Julia had a facebook account. I never saw it because it was already shut down before I joined the conversation here on WS.
Why was her FB shut down, but not her twitter/instagram/google+? Her FB might contain some useful information.

What Wal-Mart store did Julia work at? Was it the one in Ypsilanti, or the one in Saline? News articles don't seem to agree on this.

I believe it was the one in Saline at 7000 E Michigan Ave, Saline, MI 48176.

Julia had a facebook account. I never saw it because it was already shut down before I joined the conversation here on WS.
Why was her FB shut down, but not her twitter/instagram/google+? Her FB might contain some useful information.

Wonder who closed it.

Trojan - do you know if LE administered poly's and if they passed? I'm assuming so since they haven't been named POI's, but thought I'd confirm. If they have, I'm going to scratch her off the list and focus elsewhere.

In reading remarks about the days leading up to this tragic event, it is good to read that Julia enjoyed happy days preparing for Christmas. I especially love that she was peeking at what Jennifer had gotten her. So sweet.
And the happy image of her decorating the trees. I hope that is what everyone is holding on to. Sweet memories.

As far as I know, LE did extensive interviews and did do polygraphs on the roomates and their boyfriends. That's probably why they are not POIs. I heard that recently, LE fingerprinted the roommates. I would have thought that would have been done long ago. Well, it's done now.

Last night I watched a fascinating Discovery channel show (on YouTube) called: the Science of Murder. The main contributor was Dr. Jonathan Pincus, the Chief of Neurology Service at the Washington DC, VA Medical Center.
After many years of studying killers, Dr. Pincus has come up with three predictors that are the most common to all killers:

-A history of abuse (perpetrated against them)
-A history of a head injury
-A history of mental illness

I found this study to be fascinating, and while not perfect science, something to keep in mind as we analyze this and other cases.

I'm not sure why her FB account was shut down. I do know that LE did have access to them.

Last night I watched a fascinating Discovery channel show (on YouTube) called: the Science of Murder. The main contributor was Dr. Jonathan Pincus, the Chief of Neurology Service at the Washington DC, VA Medical Center.
After many years of studying killers, Dr. Pincus has come up with three predictors that are the most common to all killers:

-A history of abuse (perpetrated against them)
-A history of a head injury
-A history of mental illness

I found this study to be fascinating, and while not perfect science, something to keep in mind as we analyze this and other cases.

Thanks for that! I wasn't able to locate the Youtube video, but did find this review of Pincus's book on the subject: https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2002/04/base-a17.html

His insights sound valuable, especially in understanding how a violent criminal came to be what he is. I'm reminded, though, of an interest I'd once taken in the budding field of analyzing micro-expressions and phasing to detect lying. It is legit science, but I was disappointed in it ultimately. Certain micro-expressions correlated significantly with falsehood, but never enough to be diagnostic. You could look at a tape of someone known to be lying and find micro-expressions of lying, but going the other way was very difficult. You couldn't look at a tape and do much better than slightly improve your odds of correctly concluding if that person was lying or not by applying the lessons of micro-expressions. Smoking causes cancer, but knowing that someone smokes doesn't help you diagnose cancer.

Pincus' insights do, however, add to the long list of good reasons to do everything we can to identify and shut down child abuse. And design better football helmets.

I am confused by this - Was Trojan speaking with Rose in regards to the CPS allegations as they were happening? Or did no one talk about it until it came out in the media recently?

There seem to be multiple statements about "recalling" and what was said and done at the time - and then other statements that no one on the Niswender side was aware of what was going on until now?

Well, I have obtained a copy of the Petition filed with Probate Court which does list the older items from a DPS report in 2000. This is the first time I have ever seen them in writing. The Petition (Child Protective Proceedings) is a Petition for Jurisdiction and was filed on 2-27-2015. Basically, DPS wants the court to give them jurisdiction over the minor child so they can remove her from the home.

Sending warm thoughts your way, Trojan. It must feel so sad at times, knowing what your child and grandchildren have been through and how things are now. I think of your family often.

Well, I have obtained a copy of the Petition filed with Probate Court which does list the older items from a DPS report in 2000. This is the first time I have ever seen them in writing. The Petition (Child Protective Proceedings) is a Petition for Jurisdiction and was filed on 2-27-2015. Basically, DPS want the court to give them jurisdiction over the minor child so they can remove her from the home.

I believe the case with CPS against KT was dropped earlier this month?

I believe the case with CPS against KT was dropped earlier this month?

Last time I checked, there was a Probate hearing scheduled for this Thursday. I'll check with the court tomorrow to be sure.

You have a good point, I don't know what it's like to have a sister, let alone a twin. It does seem like she would've told Jennifer, maybe Jennifer wasn't good at keeping things quiet? Idk.

...Or perhaps she felt like this was someone they wouldn't approve of so she didn't want to say anything unless/until it was going somewhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PCook77