GUILTY MI - Stepmom charged in rape/murder of Lily Furneaux-Wolfenbarger, 2, New Haven

So sad that a mother can't get an attorney to represent her when the child shows signs of abuse! Attorneys don't like to loose and that might have been her reasoning. Just a guess on my part. I don't understand how the courts work in each state so maybe the attorney was right..............

Please take the time to write a letter and help stop Fred Coffey from being paroled. He admitted to molesting 100 children in addition to being convicted of murder and suspect in others.

So sad that a mother can't get an attorney to represent her when the child shows signs of abuse! Attorneys don't like to loose and that might have been her reasoning. Just a guess on my part. I don't understand how the courts work in each state so maybe the attorney was right..............

Please take the time to write a letter and help stop Fred Coffey from being paroled. He admitted to molesting 100 children in addition to being convicted of murder and suspect in others.

Way ahead of you, did it as soon as I saw your signature! :seeya:
You have been one of the ones active in Juliette's thread. So I am more than happy to write a letter. :woohoo:
(Though, I'll admit that I had to think about it because I almost did a "Juliette letter.") :waitasec:

lily23.jpg

First a criminal case, now a wrongful death lawsuit filed in the murder of a New Haven toddler.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/new...-year-old-lily-furneaux-wolfenbarger-20120321

“Mr. Wolfenbarger knew, or should have known, that Renee King was unsuited to care for his daughter because of the use of drugs and previously demonstrated violence, hostility and other reckless or dangerous behavior toward Lily,” the lawsuit says.

---------------------------------

King’s mother testified during the trial that
the night before the incident she removed King’s two biological children from her care
because she was worried about her daughter’s ability to care for them. :thud: :what: :banghead:
----------------------------------

By the time Furneaux returned a wailing Lily to Wolfenbarger at a Casco gas station on the morning of her death, Saturday, Nov. 20, she resolved to ignore her attorney’s advice and take Lily to a doctor to document Lily’s injuries and present them to the judge. But it was too late.

“I was going to take her Monday, but I never got her back,”
Furneaux said.

http://www.macombdaily.com/articles/2012/03/20/news/doc4f68f0c43892e231758125.txt?viewmode=2

lily19.jpg

The suit also includes pictures showing Lily before her death with black eyes.
The suit says she suffered bruising and burns as well, which Wolfenbarger had explained as “the product of Lily’s clumsy and rambunctious behavior.”

http://www.freep.com/article/201203...st-father-of-dead-2-year-old?odyssey=nav|head

She faces sentencing in Lily's death on April 10.

In the meantime, Wolfenbarger is due in court next month on misdemeanor charges of disturbing the peace and aggravated assault stemming from an altercation with Furneaux's relatives during his wife's felony murder trial.

He is scheduled to face an April 4 pretrial hearing
in front of Judge Linda Davis in 41B District Court in Clinton Township.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/...Wrongful-death-lawsuit-filed-death-2-year-old

lily13.jpg

Way ahead of you, did it as soon as I saw your signature! :seeya:
You have been one of the ones active in Juliette's thread. So I am more than happy to write a letter. :woohoo:
(Though, I'll admit that I had to think about it because I almost did a "Juliette letter.") :waitasec:

Thank you. I only wish there were something I could do for Juliette! I wonder if Juliette's case would be one the Vidocq Society would take on?

They are really good at solving cases.

Thank you. I only wish there were something I could do for Juliette! I wonder if Juliette's case would be one the Vidocq Society would take on?

They are really good at solving cases.

That has crossed my mind so many times I couldn't even tell you...
The Detective that is in charge of my cousin's case is actually now a part of them. :woohoo:

I had really hoped they would look at my cousin's... which doesn't even have a suspect.
However... I think I want Justice for Juliette first. I have added it to my list of things to ask. :seeya:

I just don't know about Juliette because of the lack of local law enforcement cooperation.

It's kind of like TES being good at finding bodies.

They are, but they can't look if LE doesn't let them....
know what I mean? :banghead:

Sentencing is today, but we already know her sentence carries a mandatory LWOP.

RIP Lily - this monster is getting locked up for life!

The judge who (in my opinion) is DIRECTLY responsible for Lily's death is finally leaving the bench.
Unfortunately it is on good terms and unfortunately he's retiring...
but the important thing is that he will no longer be deciding the fate of children. :please:

http://www.facebook.com/JusticeForLily?ref=ts&fref=ts

You may recall he accused Lily's Mom of being "obsessed" with her daughter.
He threatened to completely remove Lily from her Mother's care if she didn't quit bringing up issues.

Lauren was told not to even take Lily to the doctor document her injuries...
The judge wouldn't let her present that evidence anyway.

Lauren decided to ignore her lawyers advice and take Lily as soon as she came back from her visitation.

But Lily never came back.
Those injuries were instead documented by the coroner. :banghead:

lilyu.jpg

MsFacetious, thank you for linking to Lily's page. I'm sickened beyond belief. Unfortunately many of the media links no longer work, so thank you for summarizing them so well. I've been to court a few times lately as a witness to behavior of two children, one who has admitted to being abused physically, sexually by her own father, the small boy too young to speak about it. YET, for a year now it's been back and forth, Dad ordered for this counseling or testing, doesn't do it, back to court, and Judge STILL hasn't removed his rights! Still hasn't charged him! Because the children are too young to testify is the excuse given! Even though the children's counselor has documented the words of the kids, and shown pictures the kids have drawn and are terrified of their Dad. For now, the kids aren't going for visitation because twice he has violated the order of having SUPERVISED visits only, and been alone with the kids. Only because family was watching the home, and called police immediately when they noticed he was alone. The courts don't do enough to protect these innocent babies from monsters that prey!!! A 4yr old isn't going to have 'a wonderful immagination" quote from that judge, and say Daddy said he would cut off my head if I told anyone... Daddy said he would kill Mommy if I cried. Daddy took my clothes off, and put me outside (during the WINTER) for peeing my panties. ETC... those are NOT things a kid just makes up!!! YET...we're still in limbo as to what will happen and if he'll get visitation back!! UGH! Why won't Judges read about cases like this and keep those thoughts in his mind when making decisions that could be life or death for a child!!!!

Apparently Lauren was on Dr.Phil yesterday. Not sure if the entire episode will be posted.

Stepparent Abuse?
October 23, 2013

Then, nearly three years ago, Lauren says her 2-year-old daughter was brutally abused and murdered by her stepmother. Why does she blame herself, and how can she heal from such a painful loss?

http://www.drphil.com/shows/show/2095

Toddler murder victim's mother to appear on Dr. Phil
“It was such an amazing experience to share Lily’s story on a worldwide basis,” she said Monday. “I usually don’t have a problem with public speaking. But when I thought that 6 million people are going to see this, it was overwhelming.

“If it saves just one life, that’s our goal. Maybe it will help open people’s eyes about who is raising their children.”

http://www.macombdaily.com/general-news/20131021/toddler-murder-victims-mother-to-appear-on-dr-phil

Lots of good news in Lily's world. :loveyou:

First: The last appeal attempt for her killer was denied. :woohoo:

Second: Lily will be a big sister in July 2015!

I am so glad that Lauren has been able to find someone and get another chance at being a Mom.
She was such an awesome one the first time around, I can't imagine how she could be better! :loveyou:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back