Found Deceased MI - Venus Stewart, 32, Colon, 28 April 2010 - # 8 *D. Stewart guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
snipped

so YEAH, that's what I've been wondering all along!! They never said they SAW him on Monday night, just that he was "contacted." And no one ever said that it was definitely a land line, either.

If all they did was talk to him on an unpinged cell-phone, sheesh, the whole driving time thing is moot. He could have rolled into town the next day.

It was his cell number. They would have the pings to tell be able to tell where he was when they called.

Just getting in from work and I think I'm somewhat caught up.

So, just as I was questioning yesterday, they did not SEE him at 8:00 pm on Monday.

I'm sure he didn't bring his cell with him to MI so I'm guessing whoever he left his credit/debit card with also had his cell. IMO when LE called it at 8:00 pm it was not DS who answered but the person said he was. Therefore, the cell would ping from the area if DSs apartment.

Will the real Doug Stewart please standup? This new song has been released by the NN LE and MI LE. The lyrics are sang to the music of Eminem's "Slim Shady."

Calliope said:
It was his cell number. They would have the pings to tell be able to tell where he was when they called.

I think the faux DS had the cell phone the whole time. IMO it never left NN. I'm sure he used it a few times as well so that there would be several pings and phonecalls from NN area.

DS thought he was being SO smart IMO.

But, IMO, he was being stupid and cocky.

Just another nail in his coffin.

JMO

I think the faux DS had the cell phone the whole time. IMO it never left NN. I'm sure he used it a few times as well so that there would be several pings and phonecalls from NN area.

DS thought he was being SO smart IMO.

But, IMO, he was being stupid and cocky.

Just another nail in his coffin.

JMO

Police record their telephone conversations. Easy enough for them to analyze the voice and determine who it was they spoke to.

Then again, we're talking about the same people who haven't figured out in a month's time how to get his truck back to MI.

Calliope said:
Police record their telephone conversations. Easy enough for them to analyze the voice and determine who it was they spoke to.

Then again, we're talking about the same people who haven't figured out in a month's time how to get his truck back to MI.

Maybe that's where some of the digital voice recording equipment they took from his apartment will come in.

Now we have another report containing the same information that was posted earlier:

Up to now, investigators have stopped short of naming her estranged husband, Doug Stewart, as a suspect in her disappearance.

Now, they say they've found a major hole in Stewart's alibi for the day she vanished. On Tuesday, they said they have evidence putting Doug Stewart in Michigan the morning of her disappearance, returning to his home in Newport News, Virginia just after 8:00 p.m. that day.

However, for up to 48 hours prior, and possibly during the time he was in Michigan, police say at least on person, possibly more, were travelling around Newport News, claiming to be Doug Stewart.

"We believe he (the imposter) was impersonating Mr. Stewart in a number of different businesses, paying bills, drawing funds, things of that nature," said Lt. Mike Risko of the Michigan State Police.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/national_world&id=7474438

IMO MSP has handled this case just fine. Seems they were on to him from day 1 and have been very careful gathering the info without letting too much out in the process until they have what they need.

I'm sure they know how to move a truck from point A to point B. There is a lot more to it than just putting on a flat bed. They have to be sure about the chain of evidence during the move and they have to make sure they have the proper paperwork. We don't know all the details so I'm not quite ready to be so critical of them just yet.
I'm sure they know what they are doing.

Calliope said:
How so?
I'm sure you know how so. U gonna make me type it all out on this iPhone? Lol
Let me go get my laptop.

IMO MSP has handled this case just fine. Seems they were on to him from day 1 and have been very careful gathering the info without letting too much out in the process until they have what they need.

I'm sure they know how to move a truck from point A to point B. There is a lot more to it than just putting on a flat bed. They have to be sure about the chain of evidence during the move and they have to make sure they have the proper paperwork. We don't know all the details so I'm not quite ready to be so critical of them just yet.
I'm sure they know what they are doing.

Over a month?

Heck, they could have strapped it to their backs and walked it back from VA by now.

How so?
I'm sure you know how so. U gonna make me type it all out on this iPhone? Lol
Let me go get my laptop.

lol ok

I said "Police record their telephone conversations. Easy enough for them to analyze the voice and determine who it was they spoke to." and you said that is where the digital recording devices come in. I'm not seeing the connection, if you can help out please.

Ok, it's gonna be a few minutes but I'm working on it. I have to get my laptop from my 12 year old. Wish me luck.

Brb

lol ok

I said "Police record their telephone conversations. Easy enough for them to analyze the voice and determine who it was they spoke to." and you said that is where the digital recording devices come in. I'm not seeing the connection, if you can help out please.

Ok, here goes… Just a theory, pure speculation from what we know as of now…

MSP have said they are certain the guy who said he was Doug that was in the shades and hoodie that paid the bill Monday was not Doug. They are certain he was an imposter/impersonator. We know that impersonator had a credit or debit card of Doug’s.

IMO if Doug had someone pretend to be him and he left his credit/debit card with the imposter, I believe he also left his personal cell phone with the imposter. There is no way DS would have brought his cell phone to MI. He knew it would ping there. I’m sure the imposter had access to Doug’s apartment as well. I think he also was driving the car around NN that day.

Anyway, I think DS planned this out before hand. The digital voice recorders were taken for a reason right? I mean we’ve talked about the BG passes for days because it has been said over and over you can’t just take things unless they have evidentiary value to the case. So, LE feel/felt those recorders had value to the case.

Lets just say DS made a few recordings like “Hello” “This is Douglas Stewart” “Yes, I am married to Venus Stewart” “Oh, no! She’s missing? What happened” “I was home all day today except to pay a few bills” Follow me???

So, MSP make a call to DS’s cell. Someone picks it up. A few of the voice clips are played. The conversation goes something like this….

DS‘s cell: “Hello” (DS’s voice from the recorder)
MSP: Hi, can I speak to Douglas Stewart?
DS’s cell: “This is Douglas Stewart” (DS’s voice from the recorder)
MSP: Mr. Stewart, are you the husband of Venus Stewart?
DS’s cell: “Yes, I am married to Venus Stewart”
MSP: Sir, we hate to bring bad news but Venus is missing and we are calling to see if you have any information about where she may be.
DS’s cell: “Oh No!, She’s Missing? What happened?” (DS’s voice from the recorder)
MSP: Mr. Stewart, where were you this morning around 7:00-8:00 am?
DS’s cell: “I was home all day today except to pay a few bills” (DS’s voice from the recorder)

When those recordings are analyzed, DS‘s voice will be proven to be on the tapes right???? So, he thinks that is proof he was home. BUT, LE has the recorders.

***Now, I realize it did not got exactly as I have put forth. But, if only a couple of voice clips were used, it would “prove” DS was on the other line right? Or at least he thought so.

WHY would the imposter ever answer DS's cell? His family, co-workers, friends, etc. would know it wasn't his voice...but police wouldn't. That's some friend.

So did the faux Doug also drive Doug's car around that day? Possible his prints are in it but that would be easy to explain since they're friends. (We took a road trip together, drove Doug home from the bar, went to a movie, borrowed the car, etc.)

Breathe said:
WHY would the imposter ever answer DS's cell? His family, co-workers, friends, etc. would know it wasn't his voice...but police wouldn't. That's some friend.

So did the faux Doug also drive Doug's car around that day? Possible his prints are in it but that would be easy to explain since they're friends. (We took a road trip together, drove Doug home from the bar, went to a movie, borrowed the car, etc.)
To provide an alibi for DS for 8:00 pm on Monday. The same reason he said he was DS when he paid that bill earlier in the day on Monday.
I don't know why anybody would do that but LE is certain the imposter lied about being DS when he paid the bill.

Any other suggestions of why LE took the digital voice recorders?

Ok, here goes… Just a theory, pure speculation from what we know as of now…

MSP have said they are certain the guy who said he was Doug that was in the shades and hoodie that paid the bill Monday was not Doug. They are certain he was an imposter/impersonator. We know that impersonator had a credit or debit card of Doug’s.

IMO if Doug had someone pretend to be him and he left his credit/debit card with the imposter, I believe he also left his personal cell phone with the imposter. There is no way DS would have brought his cell phone to MI. He knew it would ping there. I’m sure the imposter had access to Doug’s apartment as well. I think he also was driving the car around NN that day.

Anyway, I think DS planned this out before hand. The digital voice recorders were taken for a reason right? I mean we’ve talked about the BG passes for days because it has been said over and over you can’t just take things unless they have evidentiary value to the case. So, LE feel/felt those recorders had value to the case.

Lets just say DS made a few recordings like “Hello” “This is Douglas Stewart” “Yes, I am married to Venus Stewart” “Oh, no! She’s missing? What happened” “I was home all day today except to pay a few bills” Follow me???

So, MSP make a call to DS’s cell. Someone picks it up. A few of the voice clips are played. The conversation goes something like this….

DS‘s cell: “Hello” (DS’s voice from the recorder)
MSP: Hi, can I speak to Douglas Stewart?
DS’s cell: “This is Douglas Stewart” (DS’s voice from the recorder)
MSP: Mr. Stewart, are you the husband of Venus Stewart?
DS’s cell: “Yes, I am married to Venus Stewart”
MSP: Sir, we hate to bring bad news but Venus is missing and we are calling to see if you have any information about where she may be.
DS’s cell: “Oh No!, She’s Missing? What happened?” (DS’s voice from the recorder)
MSP: Mr. Stewart, where were you this morning around 7:00-8:00 am?
DS’s cell: “I was home all day today except to pay a few bills” (DS’s voice from the recorder)

When those recordings are analyzed, DS‘s voice will be proven to be on the tapes right???? So, he thinks that is proof he was home. BUT, LE has the recorders.

***Now, I realize it did not got exactly as I have put forth. But, if only a couple of voice clips were used, it would “prove” DS was on the other line right? Or at least he thought so.

Interesting theory, but I don't think that would work in reality.

To provide an alibi for DS for 8:00 pm on Monday. The same reason he said he was DS when he paid that bill earlier in the day on Monday.
I don't know why anybody would do that but LE is certain the imposter lied about being DS when he paid the bill.

Any other suggestions of why LE took the digital voice recorders?

I think they may have taken them because Venus allegedly had, at one point, a recording of Doug threatening her with his fathers .357. I think they were looking for that.

Interesting theory, but I don't think that would work in reality.

Why? If you hold a recorder up to a phone and push play and someone's voice says Hello? Or, this is DS. That would not pass a voice analysis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname