Michelle Young. Murdered Pregnant Mom, NC Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah yes, such a dilemma, knowing which little "insider" to
believe. Has anybody kept a record of anything any of them has
told us that was unknown to the general public? The only post I
can recall is the one by Jane02 who was the very first to tell us of
the girlfriend of JY's in Florida, MM. It makes it very hard to discuss
the case, imo, with all the rumors flying around.

Bee Charmer said:
Ah yes, such a dilemma, knowing which little "insider" to
believe. Has anybody kept a record of anything any of them has
told us that was unknown to the general public? The only post I
can recall is the one by Jane02 who was the very first to tell us of
the girlfriend of JY's in Florida, MM. It makes it very hard to discuss
the case, imo, with all the rumors flying around.
Good Morning Bee Charmer - doing okay ?

I don't find the rumors to be a problem. It's going to happen with every case. Some have truth to them some do not - I figure it is all part of sleuthing. Figuring out what piece fits where - the rumors just add more pieces, some fit, some don't - imagine how LE feels - they probably have heard every kind of rumor imaginable by now. What I got from last night is JY is a total puss and his Mom has the backbone, and thats about all, and that's all I'm buying from that windy.

What is more intriguing to me is how things shift - I still want to know why the so called physical part of the relationship with MM shifted from September to October - I quess to make it fit the story better is all I can tell. :crazy: :crazy:
You have to laugh at the silliness of it!

Very interesting how one person can come in and change the whole course of discussion. They add nothing to the conversation except to drop their agenda and take a hike. Can't seem to answer the questions that everyone has about meetings, hotels, time frames, anything of value.

So what's the burning question of the day? I for one am ready to get back to relevant discussions.

I have a question about the suv. What would be the standard procedure on this. The husband will always be scrutinized first so I would imagine they would have wanted to take a look at his suv regardless. Would LE have been able to seize the suv had they not found supicious spots on the door and back seat? Why would they have been looking inside the suv in the first place, would they have asked to search the vehicle or what? I'm a little confused about what was going on here....

pack_fan said:
Very interesting how one person can come in and change the whole course of discussion. They add nothing to the conversation except to drop their agenda and take a hike. Can't seem to answer the questions that everyone has about meetings, hotels, time frames, anything of value.

So what's the burning question of the day? I for one am ready to get back to relevant discussions.

I have a question about the suv. What would be the standard procedure on this. The husband will always be scrutinized first so I would imagine they would have wanted to take a look at his suv regardless. Would LE have been able to seize the suv had they not found supicious spots on the door and back seat? Why would they have been looking inside the suv in the first place, would they have asked to search the vehicle or what? I'm a little confused about what was going on here....
pack_fan,

What was most likely going on is at first the vehicle was detained due strictly to the fact that Michelle was murdered. Considering what information LE had upon arrivng at the scene, which was pretty much limited to what Meredith knew - LE had no real information about where JY was or wasn't. The obvious reason for detaining JYs vehicle is actually found in Meredtih's 911 call - the fluke comment and that JY asked her to go over to the house.

It will be a given that all vehicles at the location to include Michelle's car and Meredith's would be searched. LE has the right to detain vehicles related to a death investigation until a warrant is obtained and proceed from there. IMO LE would have been able to get a warrant for JYs SUV without the droplets being present based solely on Meredith's statements that we know (and I would suggest that they had more information from her than what we know). Most investigations start from the inside and pan out. Jys SUV being impounded was a given regardless of the fact he was traveling.

raisincharlie said:
pack_fan,

What was most likely going on is at first the vehicle was detained due strictly to the fact that Michelle was murdered. Considering what information LE had upon arrivng at the scene, which was pretty much limited to what Meredith knew - LE had no real information about where JY was or wasn't. The obvious reason for detaining JYs vehicle is actually found in Meredtih's 911 call - the fluke comment and that JY asked her to go over to the house.

It will be a given that all vehicles at the location to include Michelle's car and Meredith's would be searched. LE has the right to detain vehicles related to a death investigation until a warrant is obtained and proceed from there. IMO LE would have been able to get a warrant for JYs SUV without the droplets being present based solely on Meredith's statements that we know (and I would suggest that they had more information from her than what we know). Most investigations start from the inside and pan out. Jys SUV being impounded was a given regardless of the fact he was traveling.
Had to go back and look at the search warrant. The blood droplets are listed in the probable cause section of the search warrant so they were discovered BEFORE the warrant was served. I would not expect LE to be able to search the vehicle while it is detained and before getting the warrant. I guess I am wondering about the size of the droplet. Guess it is possible that it could have been seen from outside the vehicle but I think it would have been dark outside and difficult to see. Suv's typically have tinted windows in back. I don't know and don't want to speculate on the time they arrived back but early november, it would have gotten dark around 6:30 or so (just a guess) and I don't think the Youngs could have gotten back before dark if she wasn't found until after 1 pm.

pack_fan said:
Had to go back and look at the search warrant. The blood droplets are listed in the probable cause section of the search warrant so they were discovered BEFORE the warrant was served. I would not expect LE to be able to search the vehicle while it is detained and before getting the warrant. I guess I am wondering about the size of the droplet. Guess it is possible that it could have been seen from outside the vehicle but I think it would have been dark outside and difficult to see. Suv's typically have tinted windows in back. I don't know and don't want to speculate on the time they arrived back but early november, it would have gotten dark around 6:30 or so (just a guess) and I don't think the Youngs could have gotten back before dark if she wasn't found until after 1 pm.
Not knowing NC law about vehicular searches I'm not sure how the droplet inside would have been found. If local law allows for such searches it is understandable that the droplet found on the outside of the vehicle warranted opening that particular door, thus finding the droplet inside. It is also possible LE asked permission to look inside after finding the droplet on the outside of the vehicle and permission was granted (which of course blows gojo out of the water).

Just reading the warrant - the vehicle was detained before Johnson arrived. You will note Johnson is noted to inspect the vehicle on 11/4 - so after midnight. I would expect Johnson arrived after being told the vehicle was there so estimating back based on time the time the warrant was signed until it was served I'm quessing the vehicle arrived between 11 and midnite.

Went over to the darkside, I mean CTV and tried reading for awhile. Gawd (yeah, I stole that, cannot remember from who, but it's my favorite saying right now ;)) some of those threads made my head hurt. I'll just stick with WS.

RC thanks for your insightful and knowledgeable contributions to WS.

curious1 said:
Went over to the darkside, I mean CTV and tried reading for awhile. Gawd some of those threads made my head hurt. I'll just stick with WS.

RC thanks for your insightful and knowledgeable contributions to WS.
Headaches happen :) Glad to add what I can when I can. I note you are from NC - do you know off the top of your head if LE is allowed to look inside one's vehicle if say one is pulled over ? I suspect but do not know this may be the case in NC - just cant look in the trunk? I can look it up but am being lazy by asking. TIA

raisincharlie said:
Headaches happen :) Glad to add what I can when I can. I note you are from NC - do you know off the top of your head if LE is allowed to look inside one's vehicle if say one is pulled over ? I suspect but do not know this may be the case in NC - just cant look in the trunk? I can look it up but am being lazy by asking. TIA
If you are pulled over in nc, the officer can request to search the vehicle. You do not have to comply but they can detain you until a warrant is provided if there is probable cause.....

pack_fan said:
If you are pulled over in nc, the officer can request to search the vehicle. You do not have to comply but they can detain you until a warrant is provided if there is probable cause.....
Thanks for that info - it indicates to me that more than likely Major Johnson asked permission before opening the driver's side back door of the SUV before finding the droplet on the seat or when he went to look at the vehicle the door was already open. Just my interpretation.

pack_fan said:
You are correct sir. And darn you pack_fan, someone asked a question that I actually knew the answer to and ya beat me to the punch. :razz: It was my chance to be insightful and knowledgable. Trust me those times don't roll around often. :D

:laugh: :laugh:

curious1 said:
You are correct sir. And darn you pack_fan, someone asked a question that I actually knew the answer to and ya beat me to the punch. :razz: It was my chance to be insightful and knowledgable. Trust me those times don't roll around often. :D
Well - confirmation and verification are always welcome - keeps us in line. I have always found your posts insightful and knowledgable so all is good - no headaches here ! :) ;)

curious1 said:
I couldn't miss out on the opportunity, so sorry. It is also very few and far between moments that I am able to post without being criticized unmercifully.

Usually this is me :truce:. My white flag is used so extensively, I will be out shopping for a replacement this weekend. I'm not sure the current one will last through the end of this case at this rate.

Curious1, (sssshhhh.... I'll let you have the credit for this one), sent me a pm and gave me the information about the searches. I felt guilty about taking the credit for my obvious lack of knowledge. Sorry for the mix-up.

Hi, I just located this post of yours Charlie that specifies that the trip to Fl was in Sept and the trip to Denver was in Oct. I don't know why they are giving wrong info now at CTV:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45244&page=2&pp=25&highlight=denver+trip

Snippet
" . . The first warrant dated 11/03/06 ;

It is noted that a confirmation for the Hampton Inn reservation (9/5 - 9/8 2006) was confiscated

The leap - this is when JY went to Florida. The date is consistent with the 3 month relationship with MM. The warrant does not reflect the location of the Hampton (whereas the Adams Mark is noted as Denver) so I am thinking the location of the Hampton was left out as this trip and hotel was related to the relationship.

Confirmed confiscation of Us Airways info and a United Airlines receipt to Denver on 10/9/06. Also confiscated was a United "ticket" for JY - no date specified. Upon checking United's website - there are direct flights from Raleigh to Orlando MCO - not even expensive actually."

scandi said:
Hi, I just located this post of yours Charlie that specifies that the trip to Fl was in Sept and the trip to Denver was in Oct. I don't know why they are giving wrong info now at CTV:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45244&page=2&pp=25&highlight=denver+trip

Snippet
" . . The first warrant dated 11/03/06 ;

It is noted that a confirmation for the Hampton Inn reservation (9/5 - 9/8 2006) was confiscated

The leap - this is when JY went to Florida. The date is consistent with the 3 month relationship with MM. The warrant does not reflect the location of the Hampton (whereas the Adams Mark is noted as Denver) so I am thinking the location of the Hampton was left out as this trip and hotel was related to the relationship.

Confirmed confiscation of Us Airways info and a United Airlines receipt to Denver on 10/9/06. Also confiscated was a United "ticket" for JY - no date specified. Upon checking United's website - there are direct flights from Raleigh to Orlando MCO - not even expensive actually."
Scandi,

Well sweets that is exactly why I was questioning the time frame change because RPD was the one to indicate there was at least one physical encounter between the two and it occurred in September. I am wondering why now RPD is stating it was in October which is why I questioned him specifically. I got no response. The insiders want credibility - demand it in some cases, and then they change the tune and wonder why they are questioned.

For me this doesn't matter, especially not when. What I know is - LE had the goods to put it in a warrant - that is good enough for me and all I really need to know about it.

raisincharlie said:
Scandi,

Well sweets that is exactly why I was questioning the time frame change because RPD was the one to indicate there was at least one physical encounter between the two and it occurred in September. I am wondering why now RPD is stating it was in October which is why I questioned him specifically. I got no response. The insiders want credibility - demand it in some cases, and then they change the tune and wonder why they are questioned.

For me this doesn't matter, especially not when. What I know is - LE had the goods to put it in a warrant - that is good enough for me and all I really need to know about it.
Ok, I can speak for RPD on this one. The first "emotional encounter" was September before the BC game at the Young's house. MM (after wine) confessed to some marriage issues and JY jumped at the chance to "help her"....calling daily and setting up a romance. He finally convinced her to see him in Florida sometime in OCTOBER , as Steve was to be out of town. My guess is she called in sick for her teacher gig one night and met JY at the Hampton Inn near Orlando or maybe even the house if the baby was with Steve. This info comes from my SS friend that knows these details....

raisincharlie said:

Well - confirmation and verification are always welcome - keeps us in line. I have always found your posts insightful and knowledgable so all is good - no headaches here ! :) ;)
Why thank you RC. :blushing: Hee, RC complimented me....skips off like a giddy school girl.

pack_fan said:
snip....Curious1, (sssshhhh.... I'll let you have the credit for this one), sent me a pm and gave me the information about the searches. I felt guilty about taking the credit for my obvious lack of knowledge. Sorry for the mix-up.
Just for that I'll over look the fact that you are a Pack Fan. :D

Barney Fife said:
Ok, I can speak for RPD on this one. The first "emotional encounter" was September before the BC game at the Young's house. MM (after wine) confessed to some marriage issues and JY jumped at the chance to "help her"....calling daily and setting up a romance. He finally convinced her to see him in Florida sometime in OCTOBER , as Steve was to be out of town. My guess is she called in sick for her teacher gig one night and met JY at the Hampton Inn near Orlando or maybe even the house if the baby was with Steve. This info comes from my SS friend that knows these details....
You certainly mislead many then by using the word "consumated" in respect to the September encounter which you also indicated happened only once. So now it is October. Okay, things change. I would be very surprised if Michelle Young didn't figure out something was going on somewhere for JY because it sure looks like he was too busy in October to bother with being home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean