Missing 8 mth pregnant Marine Maria Frances Lauterbach- NC #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bottom last link are of three men on their way to a hearing on another matter. This is not the pic of the suspect, are these also involved or representing the suspect? Or is this just an additional story and link provided on left side of web page where the first link came up?

Think your right, I blew the pic on, and it sure looked like the guy.
Guess a lot of them do...:eek:.o boy....I'll delete it......

Think your right, I blew the pic on, and it sure looked like the guy.
Guess a lot of them do...:eek:.o boy....I'll delete it......

I could be wrong sweetie. This case is horrible. Surely this girl didn't drive over to his house and try to commit and accomplish slashing her own throat?

I've never heard of someone slashing their own throats in suicide attempts and being successful. Head of slashing wrists, stabbing in abdomen, not their own throat. Did she voluntarily go to his home? The news that's being reported, just isn't believable to me on all the aspects, but I guess their reporting his version of events, which doesn't seem natural.

I only read about this on my home page yesterday. How horribly sad!
The thing that stood out to me was the step-mother's comment.
"The woman, a lance corporal, made the allegation to her stepmother, who also told investigators that her stepdaughter was bipolar and had a history of compulsive lying, according to the documents filed this week."
Would the service actually allow a bipolar/compulsive liar in the service?
Why so much animosity by the step-mother? Maybe the step-mother slowed down the investigation? I certainly hope the step-mother doesn't gain financially over any of this.
Any reasons as to why Maria was facing possible discharge?
"Authorities said Thursday they planned to question the superior officer at Camp Lejeune. Her stepmother said the officer threatened the missing woman's career, and search warrants filed this week state the woman was facing a possible discharge from the Marine Corps. No reason was provided."
Step-mom seems to be in the know of things. Is Maria's father or mother around? And if so, any comments from them?
This is such a sad horrible thing to have happened & I hope the guilty person pays for this. And I hope step-mom feels some sense of guilt over her comments, as well. I would like to know what step-mom & Maria's last conversation was about. Altho (IMO) I would bet it would be a different story, in light of things now.

OK. Devil's Advocate: What IF she did slit her own throat?

She was bipolar and off meds according to her "mom".

She bought a ticket and then went to see him at his house. She pulled out a knife and cut her own throat when things did not go her way?

What would a trained Marine do?! Decide to burn and bury her in the backyard?! No, a person that wanted to hide everything would...but a trained Marine would not. He would first save another Marine..no matter what. He would call 911 and stay there trying to save her life. It was his job.

She did not cut her own throat.

OK. Devil's Advocate: What IF she did slit her own throat?

She was bipolar and off meds according to her "mom".

She bought a ticket and then went to see him at his house. She pulled out a knife and cut her own throat when things did not go her way?

What would a trained Marine do?! Decide to burn and bury her in the backyard?! No, a person that wanted to hide everything would...but a trained Marine would not. He would first save another Marine..no matter what. He would call 911 and stay there trying to save her life. It was his job.

She did not cut her own throat.

You'd think he'd want to save the baby at least........

The baby would have been a greater threat to him, than her... the baby would have held the biological key to shore up her accusations of rape. This is why I think he killed her (I am so not buying into her killing herself)... to get rid of both the accusatory voice and possible biological proof.

Laurean left a note to his wife, apparently saying that Maria killed herself and that he just buried the body.

That may have been why Sheriff Brown was hesitating to call it a murder at the press conference

More at www.jdnews.com

This makes no sense - if he was afraid that "they" would find out through DNA that the baby really was his, that doesn't necessarily mean that he raped her - maybe it was concensual.

Also, if he did kill her because of that, there was a good chance that the body would be found and they would still get to do the DNA testing.....

This makes no sense - if he was afraid that "they" would find out through DNA that the baby really was his, that doesn't necessarily mean that he raped her - maybe it was concensual.

Also, if he did kill her because of that, there was a good chance that the body would be found and they would still get to do the DNA testing.....

If there's enough left to do one.
They were burned. sick...:mad:

I was just watching a CBS interview with a family member and if what he is saying is true, it looks like the officials there in CLJ were more worried about brushing this under the rug and had help from the Sheriff... he says that LE told them not to even come down to NC because CLJ was taking care of the matter. Come to find out, they (the military) weren't doing much about her being missing.

This being said: I have a feeling that the leak of her mother saying she was a pathological liar and bipolar was done so as to keep the case focused off of the military, by tarnishing Maria's image via her own mother's words. (It was her adopted mother, not her step-mom, and from my understanding, the info was gathered from the mother by investigators under the guise of confidentiality.) Don't get me wrong, it does seem cold her mother would say that about her, but with more information coming to light, I am becoming very suspect of things and thinking the mother's words may be being used out of context as part of a military cover-up. Something isn't right about this case, in regards of military involvement...

CLJ: Camp Lejeune

As long as she stuck to her rape accusations, that baby's DNA being matched to the person she was pointing fingers at would have been huge evidence to bolster her claims, because it would prove sexual contact of some sort between Maria and Cesar.

Murder of a pregnant mother will never make sense... but it has become an epidemic... and there is no set angle on what spawns a person to take a mother and her unborn child's life. Looking at this case, with the rape accusations on the line and the trial coming up, him getting rid of her and the baby so as to silence her voice and stopping the birth of solid evidence that he had sexual contact with her, is plausible.

just imagine being raped by a fellow marine, being pregnant by that rape, reporting that rape, and the military does not protect you or believe you and your perp is free to intimidate you, the civilian police/sheriff dept doesn't do anything either and your mother/stepmother doesn't believe you either and tells cops/media you are a liar, of poor character and mentally ill....holy crap!!!
That poor girl!

my daughter just joined the marines and is going to bootcamp in SC. I hope this murder of a young woman marine will change any wrong doing by the military there!

The point is...IF he denied having sex with this woman to his COs...then finds out she is pregnant possibly with his child. EVIDENCE. They were waiting on such a confirmation when the child was born in the next month or so. He was married and he was charged with the rape of Maria. Now he says that she took a knife and took her own life by slitting her own throat. He did nothing to save either of them (Maria and posiibly his child) instead he burned then tried to bury her...with or without her child (maybe HIS child). He wrote a note to his wife saying the woman buried in the backyard was THE VICTIM'S fault and made no mention of the child. He ran and is still on the run. "Turned Tail" as I heard it at home which meant coward to us.

I think anyone believing a trained Marine would do the right thing, is sadly blinded. This woman, this mother, and this unborn child were done wrong by everyone involved.

What do they say about suicide statistics? Men, more so than woman are much more violent in taking their own life.

I can only imagine, as a single never married mother, who's sons father is a former marine, who I fought in court for child support and has done some things that other marines shudder at when hearing, she reached out tothe father of her child trying to do what was best for the kid. Who was there for her? Who did she have to turn to? Sadly, I believe, like so many others his interests preceded what was best and I hope he, step monster, pay. Sounds like another COB to me.....

May mother and child rest in peace.

Yes Cubby he is another COB! And you know what i say I like my corn fried!!

ETA COB is something we starting calling Booby Cutts by accident and it has stuck, I believe it was JBD who started it, for the new posters here.

After Mary Lauterbach reported her daughter missing, an investigator asked her to send an e-mail telling him "everything she knew."

Court documents filed in North Carolina this week indicated the mother told investigators Maria was bipolar and had a history of compulsive lying.

"Never in my wildest dreams," she said Friday, "did I think it would become a national press release."

Sunshine, love your name!

I read an interview on the last thread to the same effect. The uncle said they told LE she streched the truth and LE turned that into compulsive lying. Sounds to me now she was just trying to help anyway and her statement was blew up.

There are so many things wrong here! This poor girl IMO had absolutly no help and now she is dead. She was almost nine months pregnant, when did she report the rape? If it was soon afterwards, then why was the investigation taking so long?
Did he kill her to avoid child support?
I know his neighbor talked about him burning the wooden fence section, but wouldn't there have been a very strong smell also? You would think that the smell would have been there for a long time.

VB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member