Missing 8 mth pregnant Marine Maria Frances Lauterbach- NC #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
VB I read in one of the many articles, LOL, that she reported it about a month after it happened. I agree with you as well about the smell, it had to be horrible.

I wonder if someone did try to save the baby. That may be the bizarre twist the sheriff is talking about.

After Mary Lauterbach reported her daughter missing, an investigator asked her to send an e-mail telling him "everything she knew."

Court documents filed in North Carolina this week indicated the mother told investigators Maria was bipolar and had a history of compulsive lying.

"Never in my wildest dreams," she said Friday, "did I think it would become a national press release."

Why wouldn't she think so? We have a national media story with the missing wife of a corrupt Cop, why not a marine? Duh, with what kinds of stories are making national news these days.

SHAME on her for those statements. She had NO concern for her husbands child..... or her future grandchild, whether or not they were blood. I wonder what else will come out about the stepmmom/mom.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

The point is...IF he denied having sex with this woman to his COs...then finds out she is pregnant possibly with his child. EVIDENCE. They were waiting on such a confirmation when the child was born in the next month or so. He was married and he was charged with the rape of Maria. Now he says that she took a knife and took her own life by slitting her own throat. He did nothing to save either of them (Maria and posiibly his child) instead he burned then tried to bury her...with or without her child (maybe HIS child). He wrote a note to his wife saying the woman buried in the backyard was THE VICTIM'S fault and made no mention of the child. He ran and is still on the run. "Turned Tail" as I heard it at home which meant coward to us.

WOW!

When I see LE using the word "bizarre" more than once, it really makes me think. That is not a word that they normally use in a murder case.

Like you Indy, I am wondering since it was said that her body was not "intact" if Lauren used the knife to slice her belly open to retrieve the baby, and then cut her throat?

But if the point of the killing was to silence her and prevent any DNA testing on the baby, what would have been the point?

Maybe, Laurean's wife was there at the time??? Could she have the taken the baby? Either to dispose of it or maybe she couldn't and the baby is somewhere else??

I think he thought he was going to get away with it. The neighbors stated that he was burning the fence section in the backyard about 2 weeks ago.The bus ticket & the ATM activity was done to make it look like she left. Really it was only a few days ago did the story get any airplay. Why wasn't this National News when she first went missing? Especially considering her family didn't have contact with her during the holidays. Especially considering she was due at any time! I just don't understand.

IMO there has to be other people involved, who was the person who slugged her in the face? Who keyed her car? Who was the woman who bought the bus ticket in her name?
How sick is it that a 20 year old woman was being harrased so bad because of reporting a rape? Where were the people who should have been protecting her? There is a problem in the military, there are rapes and assaults and sweeping things under the rug and targeting the victim is not the right thing to do, there needs to be a big investigation to see how all of this came to be.

VB

Keeping this fresh

Laurean, a 21-year-old from Nevada, is believed to have left the Marine base about 4 a.m. Friday, driving a black Dodge pickup with North Carolina license plate TRR1522, Brown said.

But if the point of the killing was to silence her and prevent any DNA testing on the baby, what would have been the point?
quote]
LD I hate to type this but I am trying to hold up hope, BUT maybe he did it to put the baby somewhere else so they couldnt prove it was him. I am still trying to think positive though and think if he did he has the baby.

:blowkiss:

INDY:

Was just going to post that information! Great minds think alike!!!

Everyone keeps your eyes open for that truck. Write down the plate number and have it with your while you are driving. We have no idea where he is heading and could be anywhere!

Why wouldn't she think so? We have a national media story with the missing wife of a corrupt Cop, why not a marine? Duh, with what kinds of stories are making national news these days.

SHAME on her for those statements. She had NO concern for her husbands child..... or her future grandchild, whether or not they were blood. I wonder what else will come out about the stepmonster.

This mother, NOT step-mother was doing everything she could to find her daughter.....she told law officers evcerything they wanted to know about her daughter.....

I find it odd nothing has been mentioned about the unborn baby? I mean I would think that to be of major importance since it could have lived if been delivered.....?? anybody feel the same? I watched that press conf w/the sheriff last night and boy he doesn't speak to the public much!!!!

Indy, I wasn't trying to take away your positive thoughts. I am also trying to hold on to them.

So let's try to think like him. Where would I go if I had just killed the mother of my baby to silence her and I have the baby that I just killed for??

Maybe he could kill an adult, but just doesn't have the heart to kill a baby? Would he try to go to a relative's house? Another Marine's house? Do we really know that his wife hasn't had any contact with him?

I find it odd nothing has been mentioned about the unborn baby? I mean I would think that to be of major importance since it could have lived if been delivered.....?? anybody feel the same? I watched that press conf w/the sheriff last night and boy he doesn't speak to the public much!!!!
I got to watch the AC rerun last night and all he says is we will find out today about the baby. Again trying to think positive but I dont think it will be a good outcome.

WOW!

When I see LE using the word "bizarre" more than once, it really makes me think. That is not a word that they normally use in a murder case.

Like you Indy, I am wondering since it was said that her body was not "intact" if Lauren used the knife to slice her belly open to retrieve the baby, and then cut her throat?

Maybe, Laurean's wife was there at the time??? Could she have the taken the baby? Either to dispose of it or maybe she couldn't and the baby is somewhere else??

I'm not a doc, but the body was burned...
I can't see the wife taking the baby either.
My gut says he just killed her and they both burned.
Depends on what's left...teeth from mom.
This is just terrible....

Indy, I wasn't trying to take away your positive thoughts. I am also trying to hold on to them.

So let's try to think like him. Where would I go if I had just killed the mother of my baby to silence her and I have the baby that I just killed for??

Maybe he could kill an adult, but just doesn't have the heart to kill a baby? Would he try to go to a relative's house? Another Marine's house? Do we really know that his wife hasn't had any contact with him?
Oh Honey I know, hopefully I didnt write that the wrong way:blowkiss:

We were discussing last night two places he couldve gone. He was raised in NV and I do believe he was born in mexico. Those are the two places I would start for sure. Also thinking like him he knows how to survive like a marine. He could also be hiding out in the woods anywhere. There are mountains just 4 hours north of Jacksonville.

ETA how hard would it be for him to cross the border to Mexico, anyone know?

The point is...IF he denied having sex with this woman to his COs...then finds out she is pregnant possibly with his child. EVIDENCE. They were waiting on such a confirmation when the child was born in the next month or so. He was married and he was charged with the rape of Maria. Now he says that she took a knife and took her own life by slitting her own throat. He did nothing to save either of them (Maria and posiibly his child) instead he burned then tried to bury her...with or without her child (maybe HIS child). He wrote a note to his wife saying the woman buried in the backyard was THE VICTIM'S fault and made no mention of the child. He ran and is still on the run. "Turned Tail" as I heard it at home which meant coward to us.

Think about this for a moment, especially those of you who are mothers. Remember your balance within weeks of delieverying? Not to mention, if she did in fact try to harm herself he, a trained marine, couldn't overpower a pregnant woman to save her and possibly his child?

This is reminding me of Tori and Dean...... though, thankfully it looks like enough evidence will eventually pop up to convict him, and a few others.

He should just do the manly thing and turn himself in. Is he an immigrant and is it possible he has left the country to another that won't extradite to the states? Always a concern of mine......

http://www.wral.com/news/state/story/2292589/

Authorities braced themselves for a "bizarre" discovery Saturday as excavation began of the shallow grave where detectives believe a Marine accused of rape buried his pregnant victim after a violent, bloody attack.
Crime scene investigators have found blood splatters on the celling and a massive amount of blood on the wall of the home of Marine Cpl. Cesar Armando Laurean, said Onslow County Sheriff Ed Brown. It appeared that someone had tried to wash and paint over the blood, he said

and

Brown declined to comment when asked if authorities thought Christina Laurean was involved or even aware of her husband's actions. Laurean's wife, Christina, is "heartbroken," said her mother, Debbie Sue Shifflet.

and

no sightings of Laurean, 21, of Clark County, Nevada

just imagine being raped by a fellow marine, being pregnant by that rape, reporting that rape, and the military does not protect you or believe you and your perp is free to intimidate you, the civilian police/sheriff dept doesn't do anything either and your mother/stepmother doesn't believe you either and tells cops/media you are a liar, of poor character and mentally ill....holy crap!!!
That poor girl!

:clap: well said. It's enough to make someone seem "crazy", isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member