Missing 8 mth pregnant Marine Maria Frances Lauterbach- NC #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thinking here. I wonder how much money he has left? We know he withdrew 400 on the 24th. ANd now being on the run since Friday buying a Bus ticket I do not think he is on a plane.Plus he can not use Credit cards as he is being watch super close now.

Cash advances? Someone WU some money to him? Under 999.99 you do not have to present id, only have a password from the sender to pick it up. Prepaid credit card/reloadable gift card? All you need to do is have the number to reload it, you can go online, and the card for the user is totally anonymous. Well, they would have the IP that purchases etc were done from, but there is no name on the card...And since it's visa....it works everywhere for the most part.

http://www.wmtw.com/mostpopular/15038746/detail.html

Authorities said they think a key suspect in the death of a pregnant Marine may be on his way to Texas.

Authorities said Marine Cpl. Cesar Armando Laurean was spotted on a Greyhound bus in Shreveport, La. The Shreveport police chief said local police are working with the U.S. Marshal's Service and other agencies in their search.

Ed Brown, sheriff of Onslow County, North Carolina, where charred remains believed to be that of Lance Cpl. Maria Lauterbach and her unborn child were found Saturday, expressed hope Sunday morning that Laurean would soon be in custody.

"I would say it might sooner than maybe had been expected," he said.

LOL, I didn't mean he was going to the game ;)

But I think that he is headed to Mexico eventually, but why not stop off in a big city with a big event going on to kind of throw them off...

But then again, Cpl isn't the brightest bulb in the box.
I know, I was just teasing! :) The ticket came from Dallas, which to me means someone in the Dallas area bought it. Does he have any relatives there?

I think he is making a run for the border... once he is in Mexico, he can't be touched if officials want to bring the DP against him. Getting across the border will spare him the DP... and as horrible as the crime that he committed is, he probably knows a DP charge is shadowing him.

IIRC someone posted that he was from Mexico, or maybe his parents were - anyways, if he is in fact from there, would he hold sometype of dual citizenship?

Would Mexico try him, or would he just be down there like nothing ever happened? (IE, No legal ramifications, as long as he didn't step foot here in the states)

IF that's the case, can they somehow legally detain his wife and kiddo, so that they don't get to just go "play house" somewhere? I would like to think she wouldn't do that, but until she's cleared, I'm thinking crazy scenarios LOL.

JJ IIRC it was posted way back that once in Mexico he could not be brought back here due to the DP.. I think

I think it is rather strange that we have not heard one word from His Family . Also Clark county NV is Las Vegas.

I so agree with you. If that were my son, brother or family member I would have gotten to media asking him turn himself in, I believe he's been in contact with his family. IMO

JJ IIRC it was posted way back that once in Mexico he could not be brought back here due to the DP.. I think

No, I understand he cannot be extradited, but was wondering if Mexico's officials could try him for the crime there somehow?

Mexico will not extradite on a DP case... it would take vigilante justice to get him back into the US for a DP case. NC prosecutors would have to bargain with Mexico on the legal grounds of not seeking the DP. This is the same thing if he went to Canada... our neighboring countries frown on DP cases.

No, I understand he cannot be extradited, but was wondering if Mexico's officials could try him for the crime there somehow?
Is there a way to look it up?? I have no clue and dont think I have seen it done, off to search

ETA I have no idea where to start, IDEAS?

I so agree with you. If that were my son, brother or family member I would have gotten to media asking him turn himself in, I believe he's been in contact with his family. IMO

Exactly to both of you! Or even a family friend/babysitter/wife's friend, someone...either saying it was a mistake,it's something they never thought he would do, or badmouthing him...SOMETHING! In almost every case like this, someone talks about the people.

look at Meredith, and how many people stepped forward how they loved her and how vibrant she was. On that same note, people even stepped forward about GMH - both semi ok, and downright horrible...BUT nothing mentioned about these two other than the wife's mother saying people are devastated for the other family?

Soo did people maybe know this was a possibilty? Not the extent he went, but maybe they were aware of the harassment taking place?...don't want to be questioned further and/or implicated if he's found? I don't know, just speculating here....

Another tangent - has anyone come across the facebook page that had been set up for her - I'm facebook illiterate, but IIRC one of the early media reports said that there was message from friends and marines, just wondering if there's any implications in those entries.

http://www.escapingjustice.com/extrafpo.htm

This will help in understanding the issues, some...

(keep in mind, it is not as cut and dry as it reads, but it gives you some idea on what we would be dealing with if he gets across the border)

Thanks Elpha -

Off to read =)

based off of elpha's link

Although the Mexican Constitution provides for the death penalty, no one has been executed, nor the provision implemented, since the mid-1950's. [See “1917 Constitution of Mexico”, Article 22, which states “ . . .[C]apital punishment . . . can only be imposed for high treason committed during a foreign war, parricide, murder that is treacherous, premeditated, or committed for profit, arson, abduction, highway robbery, piracy, and grave military offenses.”])

So if I'm understanding correctly, this case would meet the grounds for Capital Punishment, it's just that it's never been doled out since the mid 50's? Shoot, it fits premeditated, commited for profit (personal gain obviously), possibly abduction, and it's very treacherous, unless they're using the words differently. Am I on the right thought process based on the reading? Or am I misinterpreting?

WAIT! based on this article could he not be tried? Since the crime meets their grounds of Capital Punishment, AND he may be a mexican citizen/national/dual citizenship?

Mexican prosecutors have asserted that prosecution under Article IV is sufficient compliance with the Extradition Treaty. Article IV allows Mexico to try fugitives for crimes committed in a foreign territory by or against a Mexican citizen. The trial is conducted in accordance with Mexican Federal Law. Such provisions apply if the accused is located in Mexico, has not been tried in the country where he committed the offense, and the charged offense is a crime in both the foreign country and Mexico.

FWIW regarding NC adoptions...

My birthdaughter was born in NC, and her adoptive parents were military.

I didn't have an adoptive birth plan, and it wan't until the day she was discharged that I had to notify the hospital who she was going home with.

But, all the adoption talk regarding Maria were heresay anyways. It was never confirmed that she was placing the child. Her mother said it would be best if she did, and we were speculating that possibly Cpl was trying to pressure Maria into letting his wife adopt (IIRC)

Also, regarding the H/W confidentiality, I have been wondering why the DA was mentioning it so often, b/c I think she HAD to know something.

Also, did anyone notice in the FBI link that they had his place of birth unknown? Granted it could be because they were rushing to put it out, but I find that kind of weird.

JMHO

If he does have family in Mexico, someone could be driving from there to meet him in Dallas. Maybe he is laying low waiting for a ride. If he gets in someone else's private vehicle he will be much harder to find.

I wish we had a pic of what he may look like in civvies and with a couple days of facial hair. If he doesn't want to be recognized he may be trying to look less clean-cut.

Susan

I asked this way back BUT if she was going to do adoption would she go to el paso to do it?

I asked this way back BUT if she was going to do adoption would she go to el paso to do it?

You can go pretty much anywhere and do an adoptive placement. There are agencies and attorneys located in every state, and most every major city/surrounding suburbs. Would she go to El Paso to do it? I don't know...Could she find an agency/attorney in the area to handle an adoptive placement..Most definitely

You can go pretty much anywhere and do an adoptive placement. There are agencies and attorneys located in every state, and most every major city/surrounding suburbs. Would she go to El Paso to do it? I don't know...Could she find an agency/attorney in the area to handle an adoptive placement..Most definitely
Thanks just trying to make sense of this ticket, if she was the one who bought it. Which I am coming up with no reason she needed to go there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500