Misty makes shocking claims on the Early Show 2009.10.9. -*video inlcuded*

Not really trying to insult Misty, but I would actually have expected her to say that "someone come into the house and took her". She's talked that way before.

Actually, I think you are right. And I do believe someone has taken her 'into hand' and has been coaching her on language, eye contact, grooming, etc.

If she only went to the 5th or 6th grade why weren't her parents arrested. My friends daughter missed several days of school last year due to illness she has rhematoid arthritis and the school questioned my friend why weren't her parents questioned?

Not sure which thread to post to as I've not been following the Cummings case too closely, although I am peripherally familiar. I ran across a youtube video of Misty during a hypnotism session (sorry if this has already been posted) and was very impressed with this young girl's seeming truthfulness and desire to tell the truth.

Link to video: YouTube - Misty Croslin-Cummings hypnosis session

My subjective viewpoint on the above video is that she seems to really want to share the truth about that evening, as she remembers. To me she does not appear to be some devious and wise beyond her young years sort of manipulator of truth and lie. For goodness sakes, she is extremely young and unless she is a master of manipulation at that age she seems to be doing a very good job of "pretending" to be innocent.

I am a fan of NG because of her often hard hitting questioning that sometimes diverges into the realm of intense subjectivity, but puts people on their toes, which is often a good way to to re-direct to objectivity. In Misty's case I don't see this. I sense a bit of bullying of a young girl who is being ganged up on by an intense mass of very trained and adult journalists and national broadcast stations who are clearly focused on destroying her credibility in order to gain the best ratings.

These groups gang up on her decisions to ask help from her lawyer when questions get tough. And her decision to refer to her lawyer is even called a suspect decision? Why can a young girl not ask for her lawyer's assistance when questioning from trained adults inquire of her? Suddenly she's pure guilt because she asks her lawyer for help?

Does all of this innuendo and attack make her nervous? Does that make her hubby nervous? Does that create some intensity that may affect a lie detector test (might she be getting so nervous that she thinks the world is against her because nobody seems to accept her version of what happened that night?)

She has indicated that she thinks that the "other side" of the family may be responsible for HC being missing. She indicates that the little boy got up during the night, why could this not be an indication that the child heard something that nobody else did, and that something was perhaps someone that he was familiar with, and that someone turned the kitchen light on for one reason or another.

Maybe the block was placed in the door so that "someone" knew that HC was in the home and that they would be carrying the child out the door, possibly implying that "one person" came to the house for a specific reason, and knew about the family, where the child was sleeping, and who would be in the home. A whole lot of family seemed to have visited that evening, as MC claims in her hypnotic state (relaxed state, IMO, nothing weird).

Her version of events were clear, distinct, and not contradictory to anything I have heard to date.

Misty is on her way to becoming a full blown sociopath. Her cunning manipulation can be fooling. She won't take responsibility for her actions, she deflects blame on everyone aside from herself.
She has failed numerous LDT's and hypnosis, even asked for "truth serum".
Sometimes sociopaths believe their own lies. She may fall into that category, regardless it's not helping her pass a lie detector.

I have been lurking, but haven't posted for a while. I watched the video, and there is a point where Misty is asked whether she believes Haleigh is still alive. Misty says "I believe in my heart that she is". That reminded me for some reason of KC saying the same thing in the jail videos.

The revelation about Crystal is nothing new. Ron threw that out that a long time ago. How soon we all forget...LOL.

Remember when he was at the hospital with M when she had the stomach cramps?....there was a young girl he met there outside and she reported he told her Haleigh was ok and with somebody on Crystal's side...

I don't think it is cunning manipulation. Honestly it looks and sounds like a childs lies. Reality has no place in this world. Someone else did it. Yepyepyep! No I don't know who they just went in and took her. About the only thing more sureal and detatched from reality is watching statements by a North Korean Diplomat. Cunning implies that those investigating are being fooled by you, or are believing your lies. In this case LE is certainly not fooled by her. They are simply legally constrained from exactly how much preasure they can bring to bear in order to get her to drop some of her more obvious bs stories.

So Misty is making appearances alone and Ronald is back with him mommy...cute.

What do you make of this statement by Ron's lawyer?

An attorney for the father of missing Putnam County girl Haleigh Cummings said any suggestion his family had anything to do with the disappearance is "absolutely ludicrous."

Haleigh's stepmother, Misty Croslin Cummings, made the suggestion during her interview today on national television.

"Someone came in and got her, obviously," Misty Croslin Cummings, 17, told CBS' "The Early Show." "I feel like it's on the other side of the family that has her. That's just how I feel."

Later, Ronald Cummings' attorney Brandon Beardsley called Misty Cummings' statement "absolutely ludicrous."

"That was stated merely for the purpose of deflecting attention away from her," Beardsley told the Orlando Sentinel.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...mmings-misty-interview-100909,0,2970842.story

Everybody else seemed to think she was pointing to Baker County but Ron's lawyers think she was pointing to their client's family. Why?

Because they're paranoid? Just sayin'.
Honestly, I don't think Misty would be pointing at anyone in Ron's family. She obviously thinks it's someone in Crystal's family... at least today she does. Funny, because a week or so ago, she believed it could be her brother or her cousin Joe.

I agree...I believe she's been coached at some point on how to conduct an interview. She seldom breaks eye contact. She sits with her hands folded into her lap. She doesn't really move her eyes from the "Staring at the interviewer" position, to the up and down motion that most normal people exibit when their either searching for a memmory, or searching for a lie.
I believe that she's definatly been coached by someone at somepoint since thing whole incident started.

Because they're paranoid? Just sayin'.
Honestly, I don't think Misty would be pointing at anyone in Ron's family. She obviously thinks it's someone in Crystal's family... at least today she does. Funny, because a week or so ago, she believed it could be her brother or her cousin Joe.
I think it's just trying to deflect suspicion off herself and onto whoever can be thrown under the bus at the moment. You're right, first it was her cousin (months ago) and now it seems to be somebody on Haleigh's mom's side of the family. :waitasec: MOO

What do you make of this statement by Ron's lawyer?

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...mmings-misty-interview-100909,0,2970842.story

Everybody else seemed to think she was pointing to Baker County but Ron's lawyers think she was pointing to their client's family. Why?

Donjeta, that is no doubt the question of the day. In my former post, after viewing the tv appearance video, I immediately thought she meant Ron's side of the family, not Crystal specifically. I suppose I came to that conclusion because I never considered Crystal part of the family since she and Ron never married.
As for Ron's attorney, perhaps he too is suspicious of his client. And his job is to protect Ron. ?????????????

You are giving way way too much credit to this young girl as a wise manipulator. Have you considered her age and her education? Have you considered that she is extremely confused, bugged, frightened, and unsure of what everyone expects from her?

Might "THAT" have some effect on a lie detector test?

Might the fact that she is being surrounded by media and nationally known personalities who seem to want blood?

Perhaps?

I have considered all of that so many times, but I believe the tests, and I believe she knows the child is deceased- Stuff like that you know, and it reflects in her tests, she is capable of telling the truth, but I believe she is a young woman being manipulated to cover for somebody, and that likely is, one of the Cummings-

jmo

Misty claims she failed the lie detector test due to feeling guilty that she was the "last to be seen" with Haleigh. I thought that was odd wording. Other odd wording was she thinks "someone went into the house and took Haleigh". If Misty was in there she should have said that someone came into the house. Went sounds like she is detached and was not inside but elsewhere.

My thoughts on that view: She was definitely very fearful about how her husband would react to this. Would she not have felt "guilty" about the way she dealt with the situation? Have you ever seen how a young teen deals with a claim that they are guilty of making an error of decision by someone who they love and respect, and who is older?

Misty should have said this or that, you claim, in a panic situation where she obviously felt she made some bad decisions, and her hubby even demonstrated that when he came home from work and clearly jumped on her for being a poor guardian.

Y'all need to remember how old this girl is. Yeah, perhaps she screwed up as a guardian, but remember how old she is, please. She isn't a trained nurse.

And, as she seemed to imply in the hypnosis vid I posted above, she felt "guilty" because she failed as a guardian. Sounds reasonable to me.

I have considered all of that so many times, but I believe the tests, and I believe she knows the child is deceased- Stuff like that you know, and it reflects in her tests, she is capable of telling the truth, but I believe she is a young woman being manipulated to cover for somebody, and that likely is, one of the Cummings-

jmo

You are entitled to your subjective views, and also you are entitled to share them. I only hope that you yourself will allow Misty to her entitlements as well, thanks.

You are entitled to your subjective views, and also you are entitled to share them. I only hope that you yourself will allow Misty to her entitlements as well, thanks.

I hope like heck a womans advocate goes and gets Misty and lets her know that others understand she is abused and the first step to breaking the cycle is to tell the truth and remove herself from an abusive relationship and environment-

jmo

I hope like heck a womans advocate goes and gets Misty and lets her know that others understand she is abused and the first step to breaking the cycle is to tell the truth and remove herself from an abusive relationship and environment-

jmo

From what I have heard from Misty, she is telling the truth about everything she knows. When she guesses about things, such as the "other side of the family" she is doing exactly what we do in WS, taking information and making a guess about what the reality of the situation is. She's just doing it in front of national media cameras so that is just a touch different than what we do here on WS.

Considering her age, I think she is doing a super job, I am extremely impressed with her "uneducated" ability to defend herself. She appears to me to be a young girl who has nothing to hide and with an inner strength to handle the "crap" she is being subject to primarily because she indeed knows, within herself, that she is innocent.

I need to add this: I am disgusted by NG and her sidekick as to how they are picking on this girl. Thankfully, I believe that she has a nature that is strong enough to deal with all of the nasties. One other thing, people even use the idea that she chain smokes as some sort of proof of her character. I smoked for 30 years and quit 10 years ago. I wouldn't dream of using "smoking" as a proof of bad in nature.

From what I have heard from Misty, she is telling the truth about everything she knows. When she guesses about things, such as the "other side of the family" she is doing exactly what we do in WS, taking information and making a guess about what the reality of the situation is. She's just doing it in front of national media cameras so that is just a touch different than what we do here on WS.

Considering her age, I think she is doing a super job, I am extremely impressed with her "uneducated" ability to defend herself. She appears to me to be a young girl who has nothing to hide and with an inner strength to handle the "crap" she is being subject to primarily because she indeed knows, within herself, that she is innocent.

The only problem I have with the uneducated thing, is that school and education is seriously a new thing in terms of human evolution, and people were still able to either be honest or liars way before schooling was thought to be a contributing factor to someones character-

I watched parts of the voice tests, many times she was being truthful, she has it in her, but shes hiding something for some reason, and its not her lack of schooling that is holding that back- its fear-

jmo

The only problem I have with the uneducated thing, is that school and education is seriously a new thing in terms of human evolution, and people were still able to either be honest or liars way before schooling was thought to be a contributing factor to someones character-

I watched parts of the voice tests, many times she was being truthful, she has it in her, but shes hiding something for some reason, and its not her lack of schooling that is holding that back- its fear-

jmo

Okay, keep on keepin' on, you seem to indicate that from the voice tests that you know when she was or was not being truthful. Must be nice to have that ability.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrskrash2012
Back