Misty Robbed at Apartment Complex

Is there a shelter in Satsuma? I know the only shelter in the town I live in is a Battered Women's shelter and it's for women referred by LE and the court system. If you are homeless here, there is no where to go but a park.

Putnam County has several, a couple in particular are known to be very, very good. Not at liberty to say any more, but there are places she can go. For the record, her age would not be an issue with these. She only needs her ID.

edit to add-There are so many grants available federal, state and local that you could access in order to start a shelter there. You are smart and caring and you write well, you could find and write a grant. If you have the support of LE (not always there sadly) or emergency services it's even better. No one should have to live in a park.

So, she was robbed of the money she was going to use to buy drugs?

Bummer.

What Misty needs is to learn from her own mistakes. If these were illegal drugs, even an arrest and some time in jail would be preferable to od'g, dying, behaving recklessly or driving under the influence, causing the death of someone else etc... But one would HOPE AND PRAY that Misty learned better more responsible choices, learned something from a child going missing--or w/e became of poor Haleigh. :frown:

:parrot:

Right, Kiki. Why is this girl so untouchable? What on earth does she have to do to get booked for something! Wow, nice to know I can act like a fool in a road rage incident, then show up for an illegal drug purchase and then just skate off into the sunset! I'll remember that next time I have the urge!

Putnam County has several, a couple in particular are known to be very, very good. Not at liberty to say any more, but there are places she can go. For the record, her age would not be an issue with these. She only needs her ID.

edit to add-There are so many grants available federal, state and local that you could access in order to start a shelter there. You are smart and caring and you write well, you could find and write a grant. If you have the support of LE (not always there sadly) or emergency services it's even better. No one should have to live in a park.
Thank you Gracenote! I would love to do that, should I just google for info.? I have a great relationship w/ local LE and EMS so their support shouldn't be a problem. It is so sad to see these people w/ nowhere to go and lay down at night. We do have a soup kitchen at a local church but no shelters. You have inspired me! Thanks again! Any help to pont me in the right direction to learn more would be greatly appreciated! :blowkiss:

Thank you Gracenote! I would love to do that, should I just google for info.? I have a great relationship w/ local LE and EMS so their support shouldn't be a problem. It is so sad to see these people w/ nowhere to go and lay down at night. We do have a soup kitchen at a local church but no shelters. You have inspired me! Thanks again! Any help to pont me in the right direction to learn more would be greatly appreciated! :blowkiss:

We aren't supposed to say I'll PM you so I won't say it. However, give me a bit to drag out my old notes and I will.

OK, Misty is in the car, then they drag her out and steal her purse. Hummmmmmm ...

Was this a setup thinking Misty might have money in her purse possible from the Early Show appearance?

Honestly, if I were her, I can't blame her for wanting to medicate herself. I would be suicidal if people had said and done the things to me that's been said and done to this girl. I would be beyond consolable. The public humiliation has to be horrible. Hear how Nancy Grace talks about her so hatefully to her own husband. And he doesn't stop it nor defend her.
I don't think people will be happy til Misty is destroyed, and killed herself somewhere. Very sad.

Hi, Kool. I bolded above the statement about NG. My perspective is that NG asked the obvious, penetrating, probing question that was on everyone's mind. But people tiptoed around it. Ron can't defend her, IMO. She is nothing more than a drug-using, live-in girlfriend that he picked up a few months earlier. And she turned out to be a not-so-good babysitter. That's ALL she was, except for their brief "marriage." The scales finally fell from Ron's and his mom's eyes.

OK, Misty is in the car, then they drag her out and steal her purse. Hummmmmmm ...

Was this a setup thinking Misty might have money in her purse possible from the Early Show appearance?

I can see Misty bragging about the money. For awhile, she's something in her environment.

I was hoping she would turn her life around. Obviously she is not capable of that. What a shame.

I'm glad she wasn't harmed since she's the key to finding out what happened to Haleigh.:twocents:

IMO, if you are a part of the drug culture, this is probably par for the course. I wish Misty had some good guidance in her lifetime to know that. I am no expert, but I do know teenage behavior, and they think they are invincible, smarter than anyone, and can get away with anything they can, and they will try. And they will buck the system when they are that young. And the problem there is, they think they are right haha. In their young unknowing minds they are just fitting in with the crowd, thinking it is cool.

Misty is not going to grow up just because we want her to. I believe in her young mind she can't comprehend the scope and severity of the situation. She has to play out her teenage mindset, do whatever she has to do, which will never agree with an adult way of thinking.

I really don't mean this to sound terribly harsh...but, I don't believe I've ever seen an individual who flies to NY for TV appearances, has her own attorney, and is homeless. Surely, there are options for Misty other than to "hang" with these folks and get bummed up in a robbery. Sorry - but, it sure seems like a personal choice to me. IMO

yes, i agree, a known lifestyle is what she wants to return to. She has options, will she take them?

IMO, if you are a part of the drug culture, this is probably par for the course. I wish Misty had some good guidance in her lifetime to know that. I am no expert, but I do know teenage behavior, and they think they are invincible, smarter than anyone, and can get away with anything they can, and they will try. And they will buck the system when they are that young. And the problem there is, they think they are right haha. In their young unknowing minds they are just fitting in with the crowd, thinking it is cool.

You know the old saying "you take a drink then the drink takes a drink then they drink takes you." Drugs are the same way. Pretty soon all you care about is getting more and chasing that first high which you never can quite re-capture. I am glad that Misty doesn't have any children yet.

Misty does not look so good in that picture imo. She doesn't look as "healthy" as she did in the airport interview or on t.v.

Attachments

• Misty Not So Good.jpg
    Misty Not So Good.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 55
I really don't mean this to sound terribly harsh...but, I don't believe I've ever seen an individual who flies to NY for TV appearances, has her own attorney, and is homeless. Surely, there are options for Misty other than to "hang" with these folks and get bummed up in a robbery. Sorry - but, it sure seems like a personal choice to me. IMO

Every week theres something in the news. Do you think LE is being nice to her on purpose? Treating her with kindness so maybe one day she'll go there to tell them what they have been waiting for, that missing piece to this puzzle.

I think LE in Satsuma are working very hard. I think they put the pressure on her, but still not enough. She is still playing the very obstinate teenager and it will come out soon, I hope

Certainly a lot of drama down there. How do we know MC is homeless and desolate? Didn't I read that her brother and his wife would welcome Misty anytime, as long as she drops the RO? I am going to try to find the link to that. Maybe it would be best for MC if LE did arrest her on some sort of charges, looks like she needs 3 squares and a cot. At least she would be safe.

moo

They would have to wait for testing on the crushed up pill to arrest her. They have to know what it is before they can arrest anyone. Then you get into who it belongs to, and she says it is hers and she says she didn't know what it was and someone else says they have never seen it before. LE is not being lazy, they have to have more than that to go on and have a charge stick.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dena24
Back