Misty's Body Language

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was out of the Sheriff's office, and it was a strut, and it was smoking as she went, knowing she's underage for smoking, walking on LE's property.

Just a comment here. On this video of Misty leaving the Sheriff's office I immediately thought of Casey Anthony's walks out of the home and into a vehicle waiting to take her to JB's office for the day. Arrogance is the first word that popped into my mind. Arrogance and the statements she has made on "how much she loved that little girl". This walk of Misty's and her defiantly blowing cigarette smoke did not show any saddness or grief at losing a little girl, who thought of her as her "mother". She is definitely playing up to the cameras and enjoying it, IMO.

Just a comment here. On this video of Misty leaving the Sheriff's office I immediately thought of Casey Anthony's walks out of the home and into a vehicle waiting to take her to JB's office for the day. Arrogance is the first word that popped into my mind. Arrogance and the statements she has made on "how much she loved that little girl". This walk of Misty's and her defiantly blowing cigarette smoke did not show any saddness or grief at losing a little girl, who thought of her as her "mother". She is definitely playing up to the cameras and enjoying it, IMO.

You caught the sashay too then!!!!! The hesitant smile and quick cover up with the cigarette into the mouth, the swish swish of the hips and the under the lashes glance to see where the cameras were aimed. This was her moment, she was finally a star!!! Thanks for validating that for me, Lone.

I can't find the picture or video of Misty and Ron's GM going into police station to post his bail after the fight with Misty's family. I always thought she had successfuly triangulated the families and enjoyed and got great personal satisfaction from it all.
When I saw the expression on her face it gave me chills. It must have been picked up on the police station cameras as her face was to the entrance doors and turned a little to her left, twards the camera she must not have known was there. She is smiling and her expression and eyes in particular, to me show a sick and evil person. This shot showed me the real MC, and it's not pretty. I hate to think she was ever allowed arround any child alone.

Does anyone else remember seeing what I referred to, and could they find it?

I love this thread and I'm so glad everyone sees what I have thought about Misty's arrogance. I was beginning to doubt my observations. I also opine that Misty's accusations of being sexually abused by the young man in jail, cousin Joe and her brother are all baseless.

Does anyone else remember seeing what I referred to, and could they find it?

newstome, the only video of Misty from when they got Ron out of jail that I recall was shot from the parking lot. I would surely try to help you find it if I had seen it [and if my stupid computer wasn't all freaked up! lol]

Good idea, but it could get complicated in just one thread. I want to chat about this too, but I'm wrapped up in Christmas stuff this week.

ETA: A cup of coffee and another decision. :) I'm going to keep a Misty thread on this because she is the one LE has their eye on. I'm going to open another thread on other players' body language. These kinds of threads can easily go off topic. Please open a new thread if your thoughts move in another direction. Thanks!

Kimster, I have to disagree with you but it's totally based on my own opinion and interpretation of LE statements.

They have said Misty is the key. To me, this means Misty is the weak link in the chain, the one wrench thrown into the works, the key to unraveling the whole story. I really don't think LE suspects her of anything except not telling the truth, but that's jmo.

Back on-topic no body language I've seen screams louder than these two:

Ron & Teresa's first videotaped interview [news4jax.com, 2/10/09]

Ron & Misty sitting side by side on the Today Show

(Sorry no links... Unsure of my browser's security.)

Kimster, I have to disagree with you but it's totally based on my own opinion and interpretation of LE statements.

They have said Misty is the key. To me, this means Misty is the weak link in the chain, the one wrench thrown into the works, the key to unraveling the whole story. I really don't think LE suspects her of anything except not telling the truth, but that's jmo.

Back on-topic no body language I've seen screams louder than these two:

Ron & Teresa's first videotaped interview [news4jax.com, 2/10/09]

Ron & Misty sitting side by side on the Today Show

(Sorry no links... Unsure of my browser's security.)

AMEN..
JMO
BTW..I just made a comment about TN in the Body language of other players thread...

IMO, the only thing that has gotten to Misty is "what people think of her", maybe that's because she is only 17 (well now 18). She seems very concerned about her public image and wants everyone to believe that she doesn't know anything.
IF... that were true, and I were Misty, then since the divorce, I would be talking with LE, making public pleads for Haleighs return, attending/holding vigils, etc... ANYTHING and EVERYTHING to clear my name. Because until something breaks in this case, she will always be suspected of having something to do with Haleigh going missing.

IMO, the only thing that has gotten to Misty is "what people think of her", maybe that's because she is only 17 (well now 18). She seems very concerned about her public image and wants everyone to believe that she doesn't know anything.
IF... that were true, and I were Misty, then since the divorce, I would be talking with LE, making public pleads for Haleighs return, attending/holding vigils, etc... ANYTHING and EVERYTHING to clear my name. Because until something breaks in this case, she will always be suspected of having something to do with Haleigh going missing.

You could be right, but she sure had me fooled. Seemed to me from her body language that the only person in the whole world whose opinion she cared about was Ron's.

During the entire Today Show interview on March 13th, Misty kept her hands together and tucked between her legs:

Hands-1-1.jpg

Note also that people who are lying often try to control their hands, and when they are kept still (often holding one another), you might get suspicious.

http://changingminds.org/techniques/body/parts_body_language/hands_body_language.htm

During the entire Today Show interview on March 13th, Misty kept her hands together and tucked between her legs:

She should have used this tactic during her LVA. She is extremely animated with her hand trying to emphasize the kitchen light "glaring" into her bedroom:

Glaringintomybedroom-1.jpg

How does a light GLARE through a wall?

Trailerlayout2.jpg

Papa, I copied your above post and created a new thread. I left this one here because of her hand. The new thread is because her statement here doesn't make sense and there are a lot of things she "explained" that don't make any sense to me!

Please comment about her hand movements here and comment about the rest there: Why Misty's recollections don't make sense - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Misty strutting out of the courthouse with another gal, perhaps Lindsey and a child in toe fligging her cigarette really got to me. A sense of entitlement.

Yes ladonna you are so right. I recall when I saw that clip, I was quite surprised to see Misty moving that way. After seeing videos of her walking with Ron, hugging him and slowly moving along with the crowd the sight of her coming out of the courthouse or sherrif's office completely changed my opinion of her. Thanks for pointing that out.

In the same link provided above, Misty's body language in the wedding video is actually appropriate for a bride, if you didn't understand the circumstances in which this wedding is taking place. She's appropriately giddy, giggly, suitably happy, and genuinely playful as she shoves cake into her groom's face. So why should this raise concern in terms of body language?

Because of the situation: The groom's daughter disappeared under her watch and it is set so fully aside to take on the bride's giddy appropriate behavior, it causes concern. There is no hint at all from the glimpse we get of the wedding that there is a pall over this bride over the disappearance of her husband's child. One could watch that video and only wonder why the groom seemed so reluctant but the bride so happy.

This discordance between bride and groom's body language is literally palpable. It LEAPS off the screen and causes a visceral reaction in the viewer. Knowing the situation...that a child has been missing for 31 days causes the viewer to immediately begin examining the faces and body language of everyone in the video to see if there is anything which can make the discordance between bride and groom connect. There is none. There is snapping of pictures, making of videos, showing off rings, cake eating. But it is as though for two separate reasons: The bride got married and the groom looks to be at a funeral.

BBM
debs, there can not be a more perfect discription than yours about this wedding day. Thanks

TJ Ward performed a computerized voice stress analysis test on Misty Cummings. In an interview on Nancy Grace’s show Dr. Jillian Glass is introduced as a PhD. Psychologist, and body language expert. She is asked to comment on TJ Ward’s voice stress analysis results. She states that she is a voice analyst, and that she does forensic voice analysis. Her opinion in the interview is also based upon Misty's body language as follows;

Dr. Jillian Glass says, “...[Then look at her body language]. Looking away, blinking, she has a lot of signs of deception.”
Show girl in a predicament.

The audio link above is an example of Reverse Speech. The brackets [ ] in the forward speech indicate where the speech reversal occurs on Dr. Jillian Glass. The example of reverse speech is played at 3 different speeds.

I have every reason to believe Dr. Jillian Glass is good at what she does. Body language and speech patterns can be subjective, being left to interpretation by one person. Making media appearances in high profile cases may leave her susceptible to making her analysis fit to the popular opinion (or the opinion of the host) in order to keep her in the media, which in turn helps to promote her business as an expert. By comparison Reverse Speech analysis is objective, and where the truth can be found.

I believe the operative word in her speech reversal is “predicament”. The definition of the word “predicament” has absolutely nothing to do with the word “deception”. In the interview Dr. Jillian Glass appears to be portraying Misty as being deceptive, or lying. It would seem by her own words in the speech reversal the truth of the matter is she believes that Misty’s body language indicates that she is in a “predicament”. In other words, if Dr. Jillian Glass is to be considered an expert on body language, the reality is Misty’s overall actions have nothing to do with deception.

I have over 100 examples of reverse speech on various people surrounding this case and have only found 2 people that appear to be in-congruent, read lying, and one of them is TJ Ward. The other is not Misty. Nor Dr. Glass. In Dr. Glass' situation she is forming an opinion based upon her observations, creating a belief. Therefore the speech reversal does not indicate she is lying. She is simply indicating her true belief that Misty's actions are showing she is in an unpleasant situation.

I believe this part of Kimster's link pretty well sums up the way I see Misty explanation of how she didn't know why she woke up:

Raising the arms lifts something up. Done rapidly, it throws things into the air. With both arms, it exaggerates it further. A typical two-arm-raising gesture is frustration, as everything that is weighing the person down with confusion is thrown up into the air. Coupled with a shrug it indicates confusion ('I don't know!!').

http://changingminds.org/techniques/body/parts_body_language/arm_body_language.htm

DeepSleep.jpg

Oh my gosh. When you watch the first part of the above video, Misty indicates she is telling the truth about Ron picking up Haleigh from the bus stop and the A/C guy coming over, etc. Notice how her eyes go up while she's remembering what went on? That's the indicator.

I took a seminar on "establishing rapport" and we went through these eye signals. These are simple ways to tell and NOT guaranteed ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname