Misty's Body Language

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still looking. Unfortunately, reading eyes isn't cut and dry. But basically, looking down isn't a sign of "lying", it is a sign of "creativity". So, a person is more apt to look down when lying. If you watch the beginning of the video, she looks up a lot. Then at the point of where she says she is "looking under the beds" she is looking down. That's when I noticed it, when I was looking for when she said she was looking under the beds.

Sorry if I'm boring you guys but this fascinates me. LOL

I'm moving this thought of mine to the appropriate thread. :D

I get the chills looking at that video. Notice when she looks down? Oftentimes that means they are searching for a lie. Looking up means they are trying to remember.

Here's the link to the video I'm referencing that Papa kindly provided:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXjxwd-RQb0&feature=player_embedded

Notice that in Misty's retelling of the night, she gives three exact times - 8 when Haleigh was put to bed - her bed time; 10 when Misty went to bed and the exact to the minute time when Ron arrived home.
No other time in her story does she give the exact time - when her brother came over, the AC guy arrives or what time she fixes dinner or how long the children played together.
In another post, in the Misty's recollection's thead, I explain how times are exact, and on the dot when someone is establishing an alibi. Something I gleaned from Mark Fuhman's newest book - The Murder Business.
He's right on the money when I see and hear this video. That's scary to me.

Notice that in Misty's retelling of the night, she gives three exact times - 8 when Haleigh was put to bed - her bed time; 10 when Misty went to bed and the exact to the minute time when Ron arrived home.
No other time in her story does she give the exact time - when her brother came over, the AC guy arrives or what time she fixes dinner or how long the children played together.
In another post, in the Misty's recollection's thead, I explain how times are exact, and on the dot when someone is establishing an alibi. Something I gleaned from Mark Fuhman's newest book - The Murder Business.

And Az, I've heard that before too! I think one of the talking heads on NG said the same about details when referring to KC's elaborate tales.

Aww, Kimster, I find it fascinating, too. Very much so. I wish I could keep these micro-tics and facial and body expressions in mind in my everyday life.

Nonetheless, I think it's well established that this girl can't keep her "recollections" straight. I don't know that she even knows what the truth is.

Sooo, that means who else is being untruthful? Because IMO no way did this girl - who is too dumb to even remember what she said 2 minutes earlier - pull off a kidnapping or murder all by herself.

Aww, Kimster, I find it fascinating, too. Very much so. I wish I could keep these micro-tics and facial and body expressions in mind in my everyday life.

Nonetheless, I think it's well established that this girl can't keep her "recollections" straight. I don't know that she even knows what the truth is.

Sooo, that means who else is being untruthful? Because IMO no way did this girl - who is too dumb to even remember what she said 2 minutes earlier - pull off a kidnapping or murder all by herself.

LF, you are absolutely right. IMO, Misty is more of a follower than a leader. She's following someone else's lead in this case too.

Exactly! When she gives the exact time I think she is lying. Including the exact time Ron made it home. LIE.

Exactly! When she gives the exact time I think she is lying. Including the exact time Ron made it home. LIE.

I agree. These "absolute times" set the alibi. Further, in keeping with the thread topic, her body language as she throws out these absolute times demonstrates someone who has been coached, and has learned her lines well. She flubs up so many other times, but these specific timeline issues, she's on the money. It is as though it was imparted to her how important it is for her to get it right.

I'm moving some posts over to "When was Haleigh last seen". Let's stay on topic about Misty's actual body language here. We're trying to keep all the great information under the topic heading so it can easily be referenced. :blowkiss:

TJ Ward performed a computerized voice stress analysis test on Misty Cummings. In an interview on Nancy Grace’s show Dr. Jillian Glass is introduced as a PhD. Psychologist, and body language expert. She is asked to comment on TJ Ward’s voice stress analysis results. She states that she is a voice analyst, and that she does forensic voice analysis. Her opinion in the interview is also based upon Misty's body language as follows;

Dr. Jillian Glass says, “...[Then look at her body language]. Looking away, blinking, she has a lot of signs of deception.”
Show girl in a predicament.

The audio link above is an example of Reverse Speech. The brackets [ ] in the forward speech indicate where the speech reversal occurs on Dr. Jillian Glass. The example of reverse speech is played at 3 different speeds.

I have every reason to believe Dr. Jillian Glass is good at what she does. Body language and speech patterns can be subjective, being left to interpretation by one person. Making media appearances in high profile cases may leave her susceptible to making her analysis fit to the popular opinion (or the opinion of the host) in order to keep her in the media, which in turn helps to promote her business as an expert. By comparison Reverse Speech analysis is objective, and where the truth can be found.

I believe the operative word in her speech reversal is “predicament”. The definition of the word “predicament” has absolutely nothing to do with the word “deception”. In the interview Dr. Jillian Glass appears to be portraying Misty as being deceptive, or lying. It would seem by her own words in the speech reversal the truth of the matter is she believes that Misty’s body language indicates that she is in a “predicament”. In other words, if Dr. Jillian Glass is to be considered an expert on body language, the reality is Misty’s overall actions have nothing to do with deception.

I have over 100 examples of reverse speech on various people surrounding this case and have only found 2 people that appear to be in-congruent, read lying, and one of them is TJ Ward. The other is not Misty. Nor Dr. Glass. In Dr. Glass' situation she is forming an opinion based upon her observations, creating a belief. Therefore the speech reversal does not indicate she is lying. She is simply indicating her true belief that Misty's actions are showing she is in an unpleasant situation.

Shawn,

Didn't Tricia shut down your speech reversal thread a few months ago?

In any video Misty is in I note a couple of things: (1) during her "inconsistent" statements, her eyebrows raise and her eyes look much larger. Her voice becomes higher pitched, like a child's, and she stumbles over her words. Her face appears tight and stressed. REF: LVA video or any interview RE: HaLeigh. (2) When it seems like she tells the truth her voice is normal, no stumbling for words. Her face is relaxed, and she appears care free. Her eyes are not as large and her brows are not raised. REF: video of her engagement or airport video.

Misty Croslin’s Dramatic Body Language Transformation From Scared Little Girl to Tough Girl Arrogance http://drlillianglassbodylanguagebl...m-scared-little-girl-to-tough-girl-arrogance/

"Then out of the blue she looks directly into the camera and says “They can all put this on TV and kiss my ***,” showing her newfound bravado and toughness.

But in reality all of this hostile talk is no doubt fear based and grieving based. It appears to me that her sudden behavior change in jail signifies her anger phase which she lets out by telling everyone to kiss her ***.

Lisa comforts her daughter by telling her that is how she feels too. This is the first example of what you hear throughout the video of Misty’s mother enabling her daughter and verbally bowing to her. In essence it is Lisa who is “kissing her ***.” There is no doubt who runs the relationship between the two. It is MISTY!"

Interesting article! Lots more at link!

I don't wanna... If I kiss her *** I'd be kissing Ronald Cummings Sr., wouldn't I? Do I have to?

Very interesting article! Thank you for posting it, Madj and Kimster!

The blog entry doesn't include a link to this jailhouse video (not that I could find anyway). Does anybody have the link to this jailhouse video? I know we have it in many threads here and I can try to find it later but if anybody has it handy it'd be appreciated by everyone who reads the thread and wants to see for themselves what Dr. Glass is talking about.

Now here is where we see a very interesting body language “ tell.” She shakes her head YES as she said this! “And I didn’t have anything to do with Haleigh. (shakes her head yes) and if I knew who did )shakes her head Yes again) , then I would tell them. Then you see her raising her eyebrows as you hear the pitch of her voice suddenly drop as she defiantly and angrily continues. “They need to leave me alone about that.” When people raise their eyebrows ans show anger as Misty has done here, it is a nervous gesture. Clearly it indicates that Misty is nervous about the Haleigh situation and knows a lot more than she has told.

Also why is she bringing up Haleigh when the topic of conversation had nothing to do with Haleigh. It is obviously because he shad Hailey on her mind and it is weighing on her.

Her breathing pattern changes as does her phrasing as she convinces herself (while shaking her head yes the whole time)” why I am her has nothing to do with Haleigh.” You see the anger and defiance on her face as well.

Then she says” leave me (expletive) alone” as she rapidly blinks her eyes. This is a HUGE signal of deception. She knows that no one is going to leave her alone until she reveals what she knows about Haleigh.

For the life of me I can't find the video that needs to be linked here. It was Misty very early on and she kept her eyes closed during most of the interview. She was crying and telling about the night that Haleigh went missing.

That "body language" spoke volumes to me. I found the following and found it very interesting:

~snipped~

Closing the eyes shuts out the world. This can mean 'I do not want to see what is in front of me, it is so terrible'.
Sometimes when people are talking they close their eyes. This is an equivalent to turning away so eye contact can be avoided and any implied request for the other person to speak is effectively ignored.

http://changingminds.org/techniques/body/parts_body_language/eyes_body_language.htm

I would suggest at least in this instance that Misty closing her eyes was in an effort to block others from seeing IN. She was on closed circuit TV.

For the life of me I can't find the video that needs to be linked here. It was Misty very early on and she kept her eyes closed during most of the interview. She was crying and telling about the night that Haleigh went missing.

That "body language" spoke volumes to me. I found the following and found it very interesting:

~snipped~

Closing the eyes shuts out the world. This can mean 'I do not want to see what is in front of me, it is so terrible'.
Sometimes when people are talking they close their eyes. This is an equivalent to turning away so eye contact can be avoided and any implied request for the other person to speak is effectively ignored.

http://changingminds.org/techniques/body/parts_body_language/eyes_body_language.htm

Boots, is this the video?

http://www.news4jax.com/video/18700882/index.html

It's not only the BL that bothers me it's how she talks different with each of her family members.

When she is saying she had NOTHING to do with it she is shaking her head in a yes up and down motion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname