Misty's lawyer quits

I don't blame her lawyer for dropping her; how could he ever really trust his client to work with her? She has made it clear that she will lie and not heed advice, when he was looking out for her best interests. It would make it impossible for him to work with her in court, as how can he defend her if she will lie even to him? Having a client like Misty is a lawyer's nightmare! The client lawyer relationship has to be based on trust and that the client tell the lawyer the truth so that they can be properly defended in court. Misty isn't capable of telling the truth!

At least the attorney is being smart.

I wonder what Kimball and Snyder were thinking of when they quit and referred to the case saying that they had no intention getting back into the fray. Did they have problems too?

I don't blame her lawyer for dropping her; how could he ever really trust his client to work with her? She has made it clear that she will lie and not heed advice, when he was looking out for her best interests. It would make it impossible for him to work with her in court, as how can he defend her if she will lie even to him? Having a client like Misty is a lawyer's nightmare! The client lawyer relationship has to be based on trust and that the client tell the lawyer the truth so that they can be properly defended in court. Misty isn't capable of telling the truth!

BBM

Oh, she's capable of telling the truth, she just chooses not to, over and over, and over

She flat out lied to the reporter doing the airport video. Did he not ask her if she was going to NY for an interview? She said "No". She's good at it. She lied to her attorney which is equivalent to biting your own nose to spite your own face. What attorney is going to take her on now knowing she does what she wants to anyway, will probably make a fool of them in doing so and especially if she has no money!

The worst kind of lawyer - the one looking for fame.

I wonder what Kimball and Snyder were thinking of when they quit and referred to the case saying that they had no intention getting back into the fray. Did they have problems too?

Where did they say this? TIA

The last press release from them only says SNIP
3. Investigation into Disappearance of Haleigh Cummings

This office has provided information to the Putnam County Sheriff's Office that we believe may be beneficial in the search for Haleigh, but at this point in time there is nothing further for us to do.

4. Termination of Representation

This office has been successful in handling the DCF investigation and resolving family law issues between Ronald Cummings and Crystal Sheffield. We undertook this representation pro bono as a public service to not only Ronald Cummings, but to the citizens of Putnam County in the interest of clearing up these controversies.

There are no pending legal matters involving Ronald Cummings. We are ending today our representation of Ronald Cummings on good terms. Our website, www.findhaleighnow.com will remain online but will not be updated.
http://www.findhaleighnow.com/press2.htm

I don't think Misty was lookin so good while being interviewed at all. She even lied about going to NY. And as has been said, innocent people don't lie. JMO

PALATKA, FL -- Misty Croslin-Cummings, the stepmother of Haliegh Cummings, no longer has legal representation. The move follows an appearance on the CBS Early Morning Show.

Cummings will no longer be represented by Putnam County attorney Robert Fields. He says he feels he has "navigated her through the most difficult parts of this matter," and he "wishes her well."

Fields advised Croslin-Cummings not to New York for the nationally televised interview Friday morning.

During the interview, Cummings suggested someone on her husband's side of the family may know what happened to her missing stepdaughter. Shortly after, Fields made the announcement.

(cont'd at link)

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/mostpopular/news-article.aspx?storyid=146451&provider=top

:parrot:

This does not surprise me at all. Misty is completely nuts and its obvious she is not all there.
IMO, i don't think she is completely nuts, if she were she'd have been Baker Acted in FL and would be in psychiatric care right now, not going on a talk show tour.
She seems to know right from wrong, whether or not she cares is another story, she can't seem to tell the truth.

Speaking of a rebellious, backwards teen, the last thing this girl needs is an immature 42-year-old woman enabling her, which is what culminated in the road rage incident. Too bad the older woman is not a true mentor who can guide her into some sort of sensible behavior. Let me guess--the two have a big blowout planned for MC's 18th birthday and rite of passage into "adulthood"?

BBM and snipped. I agree with you 100%. It scares me to know who is counseling and influencing her. So often many people receive and listen to the wrong people in their lives. Misty is no exception to this craziness. Some people have no business directing and teaching others, their own lives don't reflect good judgement and decisions. I just don't know of anyone in this case who I believe ought to be helping, counseling and supporting Misty. Someone who can put their own feelings to the side, see clearly, and help her do what's right. If Misty were my daughter, I would be living in total fear and wouldn't be able to sleep.

We have Haleigh missing, everyone needs to act accordingly, seeking the truth and doing right.

I dont blame her atty for bailing; When a client isn't taking even the most basic advice (keep your yapper shut) it can jeopardize potential situations that may occur down the line that would put him at a distinct disadvantage in defending her should the need arise.

Also, didnt her atty specifically advise her not to do that Early Show interview? Additionally, as for her lying at the airport, if I had reporters tailing me and shoving mics in my face at an airport, I wouldn't truthfully reveal my itinerary to them either unless I wanted to be greeted by a throng of reporters when I disembarked at the destination gate.

Dont get me wrong; Im not in Misty's corner by any means; I think she's obstructing justice, lying big-time, covering for Ron, etc. But the fact that she didn't truthfully tell a random reporter (who accosted her in an airport) where she is going is sort of irrelevant to me.

MOO

How does not having a lawyer make her more accessible to LE? They still can't question her without a lawyer present, so the court would have to appoint one, if she doesn't have the money to hire another lawyer. I don't think this lawyer dropping her is going to make one bit of difference, because if LE had probable cause, they would already have her behind bars. Maybe that's just right around the corner... we can hope.
But I don't blame him for dropping her, she didn't take his advice.

I may be wrong but I believe as long as she is willing to talk to them she can
do so without and attorney. Also…. I don’t think she would qualify for a court appointed
attorney unless she is actually charged with a crime.

I don't think Misty was lookin so good while being interviewed at all. She even lied about going to NY. And as has been said, innocent people don't lie. JMO

PALATKA, FL -- Misty Croslin-Cummings, the stepmother of Haliegh Cummings, no longer has legal representation. The move follows an appearance on the CBS Early Morning Show.

Cummings will no longer be represented by Putnam County attorney Robert Fields. He says he feels he has "navigated her through the most difficult parts of this matter," and he "wishes her well."

Fields advised Croslin-Cummings not to New York for the nationally televised interview Friday morning.

During the interview, Cummings suggested someone on her husband's side of the family may know what happened to her missing stepdaughter. Shortly after, Fields made the announcement.

(cont'd at link)

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/mostpopular/news-article.aspx?storyid=146451&provider=top

:parrot:

I'm totally confused about what Misty said on tv recently. She said that she just had a strong feeling that it was someone on the other side of the family that knows where Haleigh is or has Haleigh. I thought she meant someone in Crystal's family. Misty is still married to Ron as of now and would consider herself a part of his family as she would consider herself a part of her own bio family. The other side of the family to me is Crystal, her boyfriend and her family. That is the way it sounded to me anyway. As of today, Misty is still refusing to sign the divorce papers so I believe she still feels a part of Ron's family. Ron stated on Nancy Grace that Misty doesn't want the divorce but finally agreed to it.

I almost didn't recognize Misty on that recent TV show! She was all made up and it looked like her hair is brown now. She looked much older. Kind of took me by surprise.

"What 17 year old goes to bed at 10:00?" That was the first "hinky" statement for me.Looking at her present and past history, I just don't see her as someone who would be in bed at 10:00. DO YOU???

nope...Misty or Ron do not appear to be ones for routine...

I can understand why Misty needed an attorney, but why does Ron need one or two?

One more question....what divorce papers does M have to sign? I thought one filed and the other responded later when they are served if they care to contest it. Has she ever been served? Where? When?

The way I understand it, now they CAN question her anytime they wish UNTIL she asks for representation. She doesn't have that shield right now, but I doubt they will do that. They'll just let her keep talking and they'll be listening verrrryyyy carefully. This girl is a live wire and she's flipping all over the place.

Yes, but before they question her, they have to ask her if she wants a lawyer. Do you think she is going to answer questions without one? Not hardly! And as long as she stays in Orlando, they're not going to go and bring her back in for questioning without some kind of warrant. Otherwise she would refuse.

I may be wrong but I believe as long as she is willing to talk to them she can
do so without and attorney. Also…. I don’t think she would qualify for a court appointed
attorney unless she is actually charged with a crime.

Exactly, and since she is not in Putnam Co. they need a warrant, which would kick in her rights to have an attorney. The point is, they cannot force her to talk... with or without one.... so why are people suggesting that they go haul her in and question her? And I really don't see her volunteering to go and answer questions at this point.

"What 17 year old goes to bed at 10:00?" That was the first "hinky" statement for me.Looking at her present and past history, I just don't see her as someone who would be in bed at 10:00. DO YOU???

She may be 17, but she was living the life of an older, married adult. She was for all intents and purposes acting in the "motherly" role of 2 small children - one of which got up early to go to school every morning. When people get up early every day, it's not out of the realm of possibility that she went to bed early. When people get up early in the morning, most people go to bed early.

I can understand why Misty needed an attorney, but why does Ron need one or two?

One more question....what divorce papers does M have to sign? I thought one filed and the other responded later when they are served if they care to contest it. Has she ever been served? Where? When?

Even though this is not the Ron thread, I'll answer this question.

Ron has two attorneys because they both serve separate purposes. He has a family law attorney because that attorney handles family law issues. Attorney Beardsley is handling things such as the issues in court with Crystal involving custodial issues (the custodial agreement that was filed in July, the counseling issue for Jr., etc). He is also handling the divorce.

The criminal attorney is handling criminal law issues. I'm fairly certain that you did not forget that Ron was arrested for issues relating to Tommy Croslin. Terry Shoemaker will handle those issues, as well as deal with any other issues involving questioning with LE. Any person that is ever questioned by LE is smart to have legal representation. It does not have anything to do with "guilt" or "innocence". It has to do with protecting one's rights.

As for Misty and Ron's divorce papers. When there is a non-contested divorce (as this one appears to be) - both parties can sign the papers and file jointly. There is no need for anyone to be served because it is a JOINT process. It saves time, money and makes the matter go forth in a more timely manner.

I'm totally confused about what Misty said on tv recently. She said that she just had a strong feeling that it was someone on the other side of the family that knows where Haleigh is or has Haleigh. I thought she meant someone in Crystal's family. Misty is still married to Ron as of now and would consider herself a part of his family as she would consider herself a part of her own bio family. The other side of the family to me is Crystal, her boyfriend and her family. That is the way it sounded to me anyway. As of today, Misty is still refusing to sign the divorce papers so I believe she still feels a part of Ron's family. Ron stated on Nancy Grace that Misty doesn't want the divorce but finally agreed to it.

I almost didn't recognize Misty on that recent TV show! She was all made up and it looked like her hair is brown now. She looked much older. Kind of took me by surprise.

bolded above is exactly what she said. she in no way implied it was rc's family. another case of mis reporting. case seems full of that. jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back