Misty's lawyer quits

Yeah,I am suprised her lawyer stuck around as long as he did,she seems to like the publicity for herself. I'm assuming he'd been doing it pro-bono and since she's not doing what he asks her to do,avoid talking to the media,then I can see why he dumped her.

We have no idea how Misty was paying for her attorney....at least there has been no public information released as far as I know as to how she was funding it. She has no job. She has no income that we know of. Ronald has been out of work since Feb 10. They live(d) with his grandmother. We do know Ronald received a sum of approx. $12K from the back child support, and receives the monthly amount (we'd know if it was even 12 seconds late, so I'll assume it's there on time).

......... so........no clue.

I am new to this forum (used to be a member during the JBR murder), anyway do you know when RC received this $12K? And who paid it, Chrystal? I though Chrystal didn't work.

I am new to this forum (used to be a member during the JBR murder), anyway do you know when RC received this $12K? And who paid it, Chrystal? I though Chrystal didn't work.

He received it sometime back. Can't recall. It was paid by a generous anonymous benefactor.

The child support was paid on behalf of Crystal by a "mystery donor". She was later named as "Barbara" from Texas.

She made three payments on behalf of Crystal:

4/20/09 in the amount of $ 2,000.00

4/28/09 in the amount of $ 2,100.00

6/12/09 in the amount of $ 8,317.94

Ron did not receive the money right away. It has to go through the DOR, who then pays the monies to him once processed. It allegedly took several months before he received it.

Welcome to Haleighs forum, since you are already a member of websleuths. What was your prior hat? I believe Crystal spells her name this way as I typed, but I don't like to correct members spelling, but I figured you would like to know, for future posts and references. We need all the members we can get asking questions, so enjoy and ask away.

The child support is heavily discussed here in this thread at ws
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87532&highlight=child+support+paid&page=9 hope this helps begin reading page 6.
Also the search forum feature here is great. Type in your keywords and click search, a function I've finally started using and want to kick myself for not doing it sooner in my quests for answers.

Again welcome. I'm 4Haleigh. :blushing:

Welcome to Haleighs forum, since you are already a member of websleuths. What was your prior hat? I believe Crystal spells her name this way as I typed, but I don't like to correct members spelling, but I figured you would like to know, for future posts and references. We need all the members we can get asking questions, so enjoy and ask away.

The child support is heavily discussed here in this thread at ws
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87532&highlight=child+support+paid&page=9 hope this helps begin reading page 6.
Also the search forum feature here is great. Type in your keywords and click search, a function I've finally started using and want to kick myself for not doing it sooner in my quests for answers.

Again welcome. I'm 4Haleigh. :blushing:

Hi Kool Look, I am new here also. I went to the site you suggested but it's mega pages. Could you just let me know ,did Crystal sell her story to someone to get the 12K?

Hi Kool Look, I am new here also. I went to the site you suggested but it's mega pages. Could you just let me know ,did Crystal sell her story to someone to get the 12K?

There's several discussions on this forum and outside sources discussing the payment of the back child support. The big questions glaring out at you are:

1. Who paid it?
2. Why did they pay it?
3. Why remain anonymous?
4. It's a huge amount of money for someone to pick the tab up on?
5. This arrears was a point of motive that could possibly explain to some who theorized a possible motive for Haleigh's abduction to begin with.
6. Why did Crystal not pay child support for her children? In any amount or make any type of effort in the way of support?

Had a pending court date hearing at the time of Haleighs disappearance which causes flags to go up. There's several speculations as to who and why. I don't have any information or links to provide that Crystal sold a story or her story in order that this arrears was paid. My common sense tells me anonymous people don't just pull out that kind of money for nothing in return.

I don't understand why this has been so secret, why it's not been made known if it's all that innocent and just a person helping out. But I don't see it that way at all. I personally believe her fired attorney Kim Picazzio had something to do with the payment, but I have no proof. Many things occurred around this time that Kim came into the picture. Hope this helps, if you find something please post.

Welcome legalmania, good to see fresh new faces on the forum. Ask all the questions you want, nothing is too small.

I think if she had been partying along with the kids that night someone would have talked by now. Usually it is pretty hard to keep even a few people quiet when something has happened. Someone usually talks and the truth comes out. The more people the more chance of someone talking. No one has said a word...of truth anyway.

I think that Misty had someone over while Ron was gone and she doesn't want to admit it. Maybe she had more then one person over and they did some dope while there. Someone could have taken Haleigh while the others were doping it up and later Misty discovered that Haleigh was gone but doesn't know who took her. She would know who had been at the house though and have an idea that one of the people took Haleigh. Could be afraid that she will be arrested if she admits what went on that night. She would also have to face Ron. Might feel that everyone would blame her for Haleigh going missing because she was doping it up when someone took Haleigh and Haleigh was her responsibility.

I think RJ might have been telling the truth about a guy in black whose shoes squeaked came in and took his Sissy and that he saw Misty on the couch with a guy. The whole thing makes sense to me. I don't think that she took the kids anywhere that night but I do believe she had company.

Bobbisangel, there is so much in your post that I agree with. But I did want to make a comment about others coming forward to tell what happened that night, if they were there.
Let's suppose those who were there that evening with Misty, were afraid to have any contact with the cops. Perhaps they have an outstanding warrant for whatever, or they are on probation or maybe have a past record. I think any or all of these things would keep someone from talking to police. As well as not wanting to be implicated with any crime that may have taken place that night.
I know this sounds as if I'm judging Misty, but I do believe she does not have partying friends who have not been involved with some sort of crime, petty or otherwise. I don't think she has surrounded herself with upstanding citizens. JMO

She won't get one of those until she has been arrested and charged with a crime. Why she needs one before that I have no idea.

Right you are . They don't hand out attorneys like candy at the cop shop. I'm sure there are a lot of people who wish they did, tho.
Love your sheep and kool-aid!

Sometimes i wonder about the timing of Misty's lawyer quitting on her.
I wonder if she'll be arrested soon, and her lawyer picked now (as he was fed up with her inability to heed his advice).

There are "Model Rules" about attorney's terminating their relationships with clients:

http://resources.lawinfo.com/en/Articles/General-Practice/Federal/can-my-attorney-quit.html

"However, there are certain situations when an attorney may withdraw from a case even if it is detrimental to the client’s interests. For example, if the attorney has knowledge that the client is going to do something criminal or fraudulent and the attorney has advised the client not to do the criminal or fraudulent act but the client insists on proceeding with such act then the attorney may withdraw from the case without consideration to the client’s interests"An attorney may also withdraw if a client insists on taking an action that the attorney finds repugnant or with which the attorney has a fundamental disagreement. Similarly, the attorney may withdraw if the client has used the lawyer’s services to commit a crime or a fraud.
It is not enough that the attorney disagree with the client in order to withdraw for one of the reasons described above. The client must be acting in a criminal or morally repugnant way or in a way with which the attorney fundamentally disagrees. These exceptions exist so that the attorney can continue to uphold the law by refusing to be involved in criminal activity and so that the attorney can provide adequate representation"

Maybe reason for divorce is Then RC won't be responsible to help pay for her defense. Wonder if he is thinking ahead at the possibilities for MC. The whole explanantion from them does not sound final. Married couples usually look at life from a stick together thru thick and thin mindset. This doesn't make sense to me.
It tells me there is no love here, it is a keep RC out of jail for taking advantage of a minor. I may be wrong but.........what could the reason for divorce?????

Maybe reason for divorce is Then RC won't be responsible to help pay for her defense. Wonder if he is thinking ahead at the possibilities for MC. The whole explanantion from them does not sound final. Married couples usually look at life from a stick together thru thick and thin mindset. This doesn't make sense to me.
It tells me there is no love here, it is a keep RC out of jail for taking advantage of a minor. I may be wrong but.........what could the reason for divorce?????
I think they only married since Ron & Fam wanted to keep the "key" close to them in an attempt to try and gain her trust so she would talk.
They tried and it didn't work so now he's divorcing her. I don't think "love" was involved in this marriage at all.
As for the minor reasoning, if they had wanted to charge Ron for being with a minor, i would have thought they would have done that in the beginning before they got married. Not to mention if Misty is not an adult, then she is a child? and couldn't LE go back and charge him anyway to him being with her prior to being married? Would their even be a statute of limitations?
It doesn't seem LE is interested in charging Ron, nor have they been interested with charging him with statutory rape, otherwise they would have in the beginning.

Plus I don't think he could handle being married to someone who may have had something to do with his daughters disappearance. I just saw Misty and Ron will be on the early show on CBS tomorrow morning.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linnymac68$
Back