MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find this to be totally unbelievable. "It is believed that he got up several times and fell again on the concrete floor since there was now a great deal of blood lost."

I think Wollmering was about to divulge what he knew about the pedo ring at SJU and he was murdered by one or more of his fellow monks. It sounds as if he was beaten to death, not as if he kept falling over and over by himself. With so many lies coming from this abbey, I find it difficult to believe any of their stories.

and it happened in the locker room bathroom. no cameras or witnesses. why didn't he go to his regular bathroom?

Pensfan, I don't think he bled to death. He died of a cracked skull and a broken rib that punctured his lung. This is directly from one of the monks (Br Klingeman):

While going down a hallway, Fr. Bruce started having a severe nose bleed (he had been having them of late). He went to the locker room and to the sink to contain the bleeding. Next he probably turned to perhaps go to the health center before it closed and tripped over the bench directly behind the sinks and hit his head on a locker. It is believed that he got up several times and fell again on the concrete floor since there was now a great deal of blood lost. Bruce was found about 10 minutes after the fall unconscious. The EMT and ambulance were called and CPR was performed. I believe from the fall he had cracked his skull and a rib punctured his lung thus causing the massive blood loss.”

http://www.behindthepinecurtain.com/wordpress/speculating-on-the-death-of-fr-bruce-wollmering/

the campus life security person called 911 to report trauma. I am still trying to figure out how a nose bleed can cause so much trauma.
bbm
According to the info available, his extreme nose bleed and blood loss (from thrombocytopenia? from Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome?) was allegedly the proximate cause of his cardiac arrest. Cardiac arrest was why he allegedly fell over and over. (Yeah, that didn't happen. If he went into cardiac arrest, he didn't get back up to fall repeatedly.) Was he autopsied? I'll bet not. Does this county not have a competent medical examiner? Why wasn't this a homicide investigation?

If he did have a hemodynamic emergency in that bathroom, when his blood volume dropped to the point where his vascular system couldn't compensate and he passed out, he couldn't have stood up repeatedly to fall repeatedly. I think it is very possible that he did have a nose bleed, but when he went into the bathroom a man or men followed him. They made sure that he didn't leave the bathroom alive. Wollmering was a known sicko. I doubt he was going to tattle on the DOZENS of other pedophile monks, but it's unknown. It's even possible at that monastery that a psychopath, with no motive, thought it would be entertaining to kill him .

Who would know if Wollmering had eczema? Why did Mossad post that the abductor of Jacob had eczema?

Pensfan
verified old grumpy nurse

Father Bruce, in the midst of having a cerebral vascular incident, fell and hit his head on the sink, in the locker bathroom, causing a lot of bleeding. He slipped in the blood while trying to get up. This fall caused his skull fracture. This happened in a lower level hallway, which was on the way to the refectory. (dining room for the Monks) Folks stopped in there to use the bathroom, wash up on their way to meals. A monk did come in, shortly after Fr Bruce had fallen, and called life safety / 911. There is no big mystery or intrigue here. It is not a Brother Cadfael story. Making up theories and speculating about this regarding Jacob is ridiculous.

bbm
According to the info available, his extreme nose bleed and blood loss (from thrombocytopenia? from Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome?) was allegedly the proximate cause of his cardiac arrest. Cardiac arrest was why he allegedly fell over and over. (Yeah, that didn't happen. If he went into cardiac arrest, he didn't get back up to fall repeatedly.) Was he autopsied? I'll bet not. Does this county not have a competent medical examiner? Why wasn't this a homicide investigation?

(bbm)

This wasn't a homicide investigation because it happened at St. John's. The masters of cover-ups.

Father Bruce, in the midst of having a cerebral vascular incident, fell and hit his head on the sink, in the locker bathroom, causing a lot of bleeding. He slipped in the blood while trying to get up. This fall caused his skull fracture. This happened in a lower level hallway, which was on the way to the refectory. (dining room for the Monks) Folks stopped in there to use the bathroom, wash up on their way to meals. A monk did come in, shortly after Fr Bruce had fallen, and called life safety / 911. There is no big mystery or intrigue here. It is not a Brother Cadfael story. Making up theories and speculating about this regarding Jacob is ridiculous.

I don't think this theory is ridiculous. Bruce Wollmering (I don't know how any nun or anyone else could call a child molester "Father") was a cross country coach at St. Johns. Dan Rassier is a well known cross country runner that has a running path through St. John's campus.

If this isn't a big mystery, please explain to us why LE took Bruce's computer after he died. As Pine Curtain reports: There is speculation that the sheriff’s file on Wollmering is sealed because it contains information related to the disappearance of Jacob Wetterling or the disappearance of Joshua Guimond, or to both.

I think this wasn't investigated as a homicide because:
1) the monks played it off as an accident and who ever thinks a monk is going to lie? Who wants a long, tedious homicide investigation when no one else is contesting it? chalk it up to accident, case closed.
2) the Stearns County sheriff graduated from SJU and had a son that went to SJU and they probably pay a good portion of his salary.

Celticthyme, how do you explain the broken rib and punctured lung? It most likely was not from a fall. More likely from blunt force trauma.

And from what we have seen about the Abbey trying to cover up abuse allegations for many years (turning it into a sick culture) and protecting priests before children, it is hard to believe much of what is being said.

A death with that much trauma should have been investigated. No excuse.

Bruce didn't have a stroke (CVA). His obituary says he had a heart attack (cardiac arrest). The articles stated there was a huge amount of blood in the bathroom and he died of cardiac arrest. If someone loses 2 liters of blood, he/she enters hypovolemic shock and will die from cardiac arrest without immediate medical intervention.

Father Bruce was active and healthy until the sudden medical incident that took his life. He had collapsed in the basement locker room of the monastery. Loss of much blood caused cardiac arrest. Despite being on the scene almost immediately, the emergency medical team was unable to revive him.
http://www.saintjohnsabbey.org/monastic-life/history/obituaries/father-bruce-wollmering-osb/

You've posted that you're a nurse on other threads. Please explain how someone who has arrested from hypovolemia or lost consciousness from hypovolemia can fall to the floor and then repeatedly get up and fall again and again.

It didn't happen.
Pensfan
verified psychiatric mental health nurse

Was Jacob's perp watching this movie on CBS on the night of the abduction? Did it arouse his interest in molesting a boy?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097214/

It's more than likely that Jacob's abductor had his own stash of child *advertiser censored* and/or sadistic *advertiser censored*. In addition to his *advertiser censored*, he likely has a career or hobby with young boys which was fuel for his sicko sadistic fantasies.

There was an investigation as far as I know. And the coroner had to be called due to the kind of death it was. I do not know however, what were the results of LE looking into the information from Josh Guimond's computer, and I assume that of BW as well. Obviously something was going on there ( friends of Josh knew he was trying to do some computer sleuthing) Whatever the results are ( and it could be an ongoing investigation for all I know)it has not been made known to the Monks at large. If LE believes that BW had something to do with JG's disappearance, it surely is not general knowledge. My speculation is that because Bruce W is dead, this information may never be known. In this case, truth may be stranger than fiction.

You've posted that you're a nurse on other threads. Please explain how someone who has arrested from hypovolemia or lost consciousness from hypovolemia can fall to the floor and then repeatedly get up and fall again and again.

This was an unwitnessed event, though someone found him soon after he had fallen. From what I understand, in the end he did die with an MI, but when he fell he hit his head, broke a rib, causing a lot of blood loss, and landed on the cement floor. By the time life safety got there, (no BP) due to increased loss of circulating blood volume. I am only going on what I have been told. I was not there.

This was an unwitnessed event, though someone found him soon after he had fallen. From what I understand, in the end he did die with an MI, but when he fell he hit his head, broke a rib, causing a lot of blood loss, and landed on the cement floor. By the time life safety got there, (no BP) due to increased loss of circulating blood volume. I am only going on what I have been told. I was not there.
The articles stated that his injuries were severe and he must have fallen down numerous times in that bathroom (not once). Falling numerous times is impossible for an unconscious hypovolemic shock victim.

There was an investigation as far as I know. And the coroner had to be called due to the kind of death it was. I do not know however, what were the results of LE looking into the information from Josh Guimond's computer, and I assume that of BW as well. Obviously something was going on there ( friends of Josh knew he was trying to do some computer sleuthing) Whatever the results are ( and it could be an ongoing investigation for all I know)it has not been made known to the Monks at large. If LE believes that BW had something to do with JG's disappearance, it surely is not general knowledge. My speculation is that because Bruce W is dead, this information may never be known. In this case, truth may be stranger than fiction.
bbm
How do you confidently know that nothing was made known to the monks at large?

The articles stated that his injuries were severe and he must have fallen down numerous times in that bathroom (not once).

bbm

In the previous thread, Mossad claimed that Jacob's abductor suffers from eczema and that this skin condition would be apparent in photographs of the perp. By any chance is this based upon the FBI profile that describes the abductor as suffering from a low self-image connected to a physical deformity such as acne or scars?

The articles stated that his injuries were severe and he must have fallen down numerous times in that bathroom (not once).

bbm

I have a very long association with the Abbey, and the monks. Again, this event was UNWITNESSED!! The information they have is from the impression of what was seen in the bathroom when he was found. Anyone can speculate, create stories or confabulate as much as they want, it does not change the fact that BW is gone and we STILL HAVE NO IDEA what happened to Josh. I personally do not believe that what happened to Josh is in any way related to Jacob.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther