MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
ELOCsoul....not sure if you were tying this info with the conversation regarding BW or not. I never saw that movie. Eerily coincidental that it's release date was October 22, 1989. For a strange rebuttal to this film check out:

www.holysmoke.org/sdhok/set.htm‎

The movie was made for tv, so that was the broadcast date. Patty knew it was going to be on and was disgusted by it and refused to watch. Ironic because since that night, learning and educating others about Pedos has become a major part of her life.

Remember the decision to go to the party was last minute. I wonder if there had been something else on tv that night, would history have been written differently?

Sorry, can't scan the article because I can't provide an online link to it.

ELOCsoul....Is there any further connection between the perp and this 1989 movie beyond the coincedence of it's time of airing on TV? If you read my link, you'll see the author debated Rothstein on the Geraldo show many years ago

ELOCsoul....Is there any further connection between the perp and this 1989 movie beyond the coincedence of it's time of airing on TV? If you read my link, you'll see the author debated Rothstein on the Geraldo show many years ago

I read your link, cGorg, but I didn't see anything about Rothstein? Can you copy a portion of where it was stated?

shergal,
oops...I meant to write 'you'll see that the name of the author is the man who debated Rothstein regarding child abductions'. There isn't a reference within his statement. I have seen the video however + can see if I can find it again. I found it coincidental that the movie was offensive to this author and that he was connected to Rothstein who has delved into Jacob's case + has been mentioned on WS.

Clarification: the author of the rebuttal to the movie was Michael Aquino who debated Ted Gunderson, NOT Jim Rothstein, on a 1980's Geraldo show.. I transposed the names. I have no intention of delving into that debate here...you can Google it if interested...interesting though that a Satanist is accusing priests of pedophilia. Did this movie actually motivate the perp or is it just an interesting tidbit of info?

Jacob had trouble switching from his traditional goalie skates, to regular hockey skates. It turns out, his skates were sharpened incorrectly. That's why he struggled with the transition.

Speaking of skating, there was a skating instructor at our St. Cloud ice rink a few years ago, who they found out was a level 3 sex offender. He had been teaching lots of young kids to skate, and giving private lessons also, even though he was under orders not to come within 30 feet of young kids. His predilection was little girls though.

But it makes me wonder how many RSO's hang out at skating rinks, and other kids sports just waiting for that opportunity to have some alone time with a child or grab a child. I wonder if LE ever requested or looked through audience cell pics or videos from that day when Jerry felt someone was stalking Jacob?

I think too little has been made of Jerry's experience at the hockey rink that day

Rethinking that, I guess cell phones weren't around in 1989, at least not with picture capabilities like we have today. But I know parents took videos of their kids skating, because my husband's cousin had kids Jacob's age who did both figure skating and played hockey and she always had video of her kids.

It certainly is possible someone had been stalking Jacob - or boys his age - for a while. If I recall correctly, some of the former FBI agents have stated that the abductor seemed more interested in the boy's ages, than in Jacob personally.

I agree, cGorg, it's always wise to trust a parent's intuition about their own kids.

But it makes me wonder how many RSO's hang out at skating rinks, and other kids sports just waiting for that opportunity to have some alone time with a child or grab a child. I wonder if LE ever requested or looked through audience cell pics or videos from that day when Jerry felt someone was stalking Jacob?

Regarding your first sentence....my son when he was little played hockey for 1 year....from my memory I can imagine it would be very easy to hang around incognito and go unnoticed while scoping out kids....very very plausible IMO. I think your last sentence is a very good question. Not sure if in 1989 that any surveillance tapes were saved or not. Years prior to that I know video tapes were erased after a period of time so they could be re-used.
Additionally, theories of Satanists or pedo rings IMO hold less credence than a local pedo frequenting a hockey arena-he could even be someone involved with hockey.

This site describes our local ice arena, (where jacob played). It also houses our summer baseball stadium, and a golf course, so it is called The Municipal Athletic Stadium, or MAC.

I didn't realize that it hosted St. Jphn's hockey in addition to the local area high schools. Maybe some sort of connection there? I tried finding early staff or hockey coach names, but didn't have much luck online.

"The Municipal Athletic Complex (MAC), located on the north-western side of St. Cloud, is comprised of two ice sheets, two baseball stadiums and an executive par 30 public golf course. The original ice sheet opened for business in November of 1972. For over 15 years, the MAC was the only sheet within a 30 mile radius. Originally, the MAC hosted three area high schools, St. Cloud State and St. John's University hockey programs, plus the areas youth hockey and figure skating organizations."

http://www.stcloudmac.com/arenapro.html

That's a great link! 1972? It looks new...I like 70's modern architecture.

That's a lot of schools, people, activities in 1 place and a lot of possible connections. Easy to see that a pedo could be stalking Jacob.

Cell phones were pretty non existent back then. They were outrageously expensive and there were very very few towers.

I am not sure when video surveillance started, but I doubt there was much if it in a little town.

I think people had movie cameras more often back then.

Even IF a pedo was stalking Jacob, please explain how he would get back to their home which had either three or five homes by each other and nothing else for a long way?

And they had a dog. Who else had a dog in that circle? I bet everyone. Everyone i know in the country has at least one dog.

Even IF a pedo was stalking Jacob, please explain how he would get back to their home which had either three or five homes by each other and nothing else for a long way?

And they had a dog. Who else had a dog in that circle? I bet everyone. Everyone i know in the country has at least one dog.

I didn't mean THAT day(the day of the abduction). I meant if he frequented the arena he could have seen Jacob in an earlier time.

I didn't mean THAT day(the day of the abduction). I meant if he frequented the arena he could have seen Jacob in an earlier time.

Yes, many people saw Jacob and every other hockey player in that area. There are more significant questions.

How many men would be able to hide in the weeds for days/weeks/months and also accurately predict when Jacob would ride his bike (without adult supervision) past the precise weeds where he was hiding?
None.

How many men would have been able to easily see from his home/property Jacob's parents leaving their home for the evening and later Jacob without adult supervision?
One.
That person is Dan Rassier, the man who...
- had cadaver dogs hit on items on his property,
- had to physically restrain his elderly mom on the ground when the FBI appeared to take samples from their burn pit,
- refused to meet with Patty Wetterling for twenty years,
- has no alibi for the evening Jacob disappeared,
- IMO, is a Norman Bates-ish/Ed Gein-ish 54-year-old man who has always lived with Mommy even though he has a career and money,
- became a suspect during the only time in his life that Mommy was on a vacation and couldn't unexpected arrive home
- is a professional runner and LE states Jacob's abductor didn't use a car to abduct Jacob,
- works with a monastery with dozens of sicko child molesters (St. John's),
- fits the height and weight description of the abductor that Jacob's brother (at the abduction scene) provided to LE,
- has given conflicting statements
- KEPT A SCRAPBOOK OF ARTICLES/PHOTOS ABOUT JACOB'S DISAPPEARANCE (souvenir) which Dan asked the FBI to return to him,
- kept a journal about Jacob's disappearance and parts of the journal were missing when discovered by LE, and
- is LE/FBI's stated person of interest

I just saw tonight that after 25 years, they finally have a primary suspect in the Tiffany Sessions disappearance. Serial killer Paul Rowles was named as the primary suspect because he kept a diary and they found info in there.
http://miami.cbslocal.com/2014/02/0...ce-suspect-in-tiffany-sessions-disappearance/

This gives me hope that whoever took Jacob kept a diary also, (or told someone who wrote it down) and someday we will discover who took Jacob.

I just saw tonight that after 25 years, they finally have a primary suspect in the Tiffany Sessions disappearance. Serial killer Paul Rowles was named as the primary suspect because he kept a diary and they found info in there.
http://miami.cbslocal.com/2014/02/0...ce-suspect-in-tiffany-sessions-disappearance/

This gives me hope that whoever took Jacob kept a diary also, (or told someone who wrote it down) and someday we will discover who took Jacob.
Dan kept a journal on Jacob's disappearance along with his scrapbook of newspaper articles. When found by LE, it was stated to be only partial or part of it. Where are the other pages, Dan?

It's sickening that homicidal monsters share the same compulsive desire to journal about their putrid atrocities. They fill scrapbooks and journals with press clippings and remembrances of their "successes" to masturbate over them. Well, they can do that when Mommy isn’t there to yell at them.

KSTP reported that only part of Dan’s journal on Jacob's abduction was found. See article here:
http://www.immelman.us/news/wetterling-suspect-dan-rassier/

As an aside, the father of Tiffany said that the serial killer- I will not say his name- got life without parole. But he was released in nine years because he went to sex offender treatment,

They want to let out the civilly committed sex offenders in Minnesota as well. Let the attorneys who are fighting for this noble cause have those lovely people come and live in their home,in their children's homes, or in their neighborhoods. Although, their neighbors do not deserve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheMidge