MO MO - Bianca Piper, 13, Foley, 10 March 2005

Jack said:
From Bianca's description she would appear to be more of an adult than a young girl, in fact if she fits her description she is bigger than I am and I'm 37 yrs old.

Where at along 40? There is no public transportation out in St. Charles/Lincoln Co. so it is doubtful any child would have been waiting for a bus outside of a school day. And I think over the river 40 is actually I64 so no bus stops on an interstate. Most likely she was waiting to cross the road.

I know that nagging feeling you're having about regret. I get the same thing everytime I see young kids riding their bikes on the side of hiway K or 94. It's just too dangerous yet their parents either don't know or don't care.
It was near Highway 40 and Mariott West.... west county on the way to chesterfield. This girl Isaw looked like she was 10 or 11, honestly... I jut say little girl because I'm quite older :)
I surely hope the girl got to where she was going safely. It was Satuday by the way... around 4:30pm

blueclouds said:
This is infuriating and the mother will forever and ever regret this. this is not UNLIKE LESLIE'S MOM (Paul Bernardo's victim) locking her own daughter out of the house for the night because she broke curfew AGAIN. GOD..... this is maddening. How do parents not THINK.

Not to mention Michael Dunnahey in Vancouver.... WHAT parent leaves his 6 yr old brother in charge of the 4 year old, in order to go play baseball with A ROW OF TREES in between.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR. I know a lot of you think I'm slamming the families, I'M NOT. We just need to learn that MANY MANY child abductions ARE PREVENTABLE. You cannot leave your children unattended period. This is the environment we live in.

ITA, blueclouds. This was very stupid advice these therapists gave this mother, and she was thoughtless to follow it, in this day and age. I would be MORE afraid, really, to allow a mentally disabled child to walk around alone than a "normal" child. This child didn't have a chance against an abductor. I pray she's found safe, but it doesn't look good. This poor lady will have to live with this for the rest of her life. I just cannot imagine.

Jack said:
I know that nagging feeling you're having about regret. I get the same thing everytime I see young kids riding their bikes on the side of hiway K or 94. It's just too dangerous yet their parents either don't know or don't care.
I know exactly what you mean. I see kids all the time who are out walking alone, riding their bikes, or just messing around where the parents have no idea where they are or who they are with. I have three kids 11,6,5 and will not leave them alone even in my own back yard. I know I'm over protective but better safe than sorry. Some people just don't think things will happen to their kids - Unfortunately, hindsight is 20/20. I just know I would never forgive myself if something happened to one of my children.

http://www.ksdk.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=76733

The Bianca Piper case is also getting some national help from an organization founded to find and protect children.

The National Center For Missing and Exploited Children has activated its "Team Adam Project" and one of its consultants is no stranger to tough cases around here.

Joe Burgoon has brought his 27 years as a St. Louis police homicide investigator to the front of the Bianca Noel Piper case. Retired and now a consultant for the National Center For Missing And Exploited Children's "Team Adam Project," Burgoon says time may be the key to this case.

inquiringmindz said:
I know exactly what you mean. I see kids all the time who are out walking alone, riding their bikes, or just messing around where the parents have no idea where they are or who they are with. I have three kids 11,6,5 and will not leave them alone even in my own back yard. I know I'm over protective but better safe than sorry. Some people just don't think things will happen to their kids - Unfortunately, hindsight is 20/20. I just know I would never forgive myself if something happened to one of my children.

I am the same. My children are 11, 8 & 6...I know where they are at ALL times and they are rarely allowed to leave our yard...the furthest I will let them go is 2 houses down or across the street in our cul-de-sac to play with friends and I watch them go the whole way, and back. My 11-year-old was complaining last night b/c we won't drop her off at the movies to meet friends like a lot of her classmates are allowed to do. Too bad.

the pictures I have seen of Bianca have her with short hair to her shoulders. The more I think about this little girl i saw on saturday, the more i think it could have been her and I'm kicking myself for not calling 911 right then... thisgirl has a little longer than shoulder length brown hair that was wavy/curly...
how recent is the picture being circulated??

POSTED: 4:26 pm EST March 15, 2005
UPDATED: 5:02 pm EST March 15, 2005

FOLEY, Mo -- A search continues in Missouri for a 13-year-old girl who vanished last week after her mom dropped her off in the dark a mile from home and told her to walk back.

The girl's mother said she regrets driving the emotionally troubled teen a mile away, giving her a flashlight and telling her to walk home alone. She said she was following the advice of counselors, who said the girl -- who suffers from mood disorders -- needed to walk off her anger.

Full story - WRAL

Prayers of HOPE, Lanie

The official search for Bianca has been called off, but volunteers will continue. Sheriff Dan Torres said detectives will remain on the case investigating foul play.

The search covered 250 square miles and no trace of Bianca was found.

We continue to pray for her and her family.

WasBlind said:
POSTED: 4:26 pm EST March 15, 2005
UPDATED: 5:02 pm EST March 15, 2005

The girl's mother said she regrets driving the emotionally troubled teen a mile away, giving her a flashlight and telling her to walk home alone. She said she was following the advice of counselors, who said the girl -- who suffers from mood disorders -- needed to walk off her anger.

Full story - WRAL

I feel so horrible for this mother!! :(

Hey there Tinkerbell. It's nice to 'see' a familiar face around here. Have you or your son heard any word from the family? How are they holding up? Do they need anything? Is there any type of donation fund set up in their names?

My prayers go out to this little girl and her family. I hope she is found somewhere safe and someone just wanted to be a 'caregiver' to her.

Hi there Yeah,Me. The family is selling purple ribbon pins to raise money for the search.

It's very sad. I hope they get a break in the case and the family can at least find out what happened to her. That would be the worst for me, the not knowing.

:bang: I just posted my deepest feelings about this family. I wrote my whole past history. I wrote my inner being down on this post.

THANK GOD my connection was disrupted. I would never have shone my face here on WebSleuths again!!:boohoo:

What I started out asking was do we know who was the last person to see Bianca?
I know the paper said she was last seen walking with a flashlight. Was it already dark enough to have it on?

Susie from Texas:eek:

Her mother dropped her off about 6:00 p.m. and it was getting dark by then as it was a cold overcast evening. The family has been cleared of any wrongdoing after intensive questioning. Keep in mind this is a very rural area and a very secluded gravel road. When you live in a rural area it's easy to get complacent about safety.

The scent dogs picked up her scent where her mother dropped her off and followed it down the road about 150 yards, then poof, nothing. It's fairly obvious that someone picked her up.

I pray that someone was just trying to look out for her. I haven't seen much coverage of her case. :( :waitasec:

The Carole Sund Carrington Foundation has just offered up $5,000 in reward money for info on Bianca.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whimzee
Back