Identified! MO - Dixon, Wht/NtvFem UP10222, >35, off Hwy MM, upper denture, May'81 - Karen Knippers

There really are alot of missing peeps in this area!

Weird. The above link is from Namus. It was either there or on the MSHP website that had more details listed. Now those details are missing/have been removed. The remains were found with a medical ID card of some kind. I can't recall the name on the card, but do remember the card belonged to somebody from NY with a DOB of like 1932 or 1936 (something like that). Not sure why they would remove that detail??

I looked through my notes. I had that information written down. Medicals cards with the name Howard Hawkins DOB 5-5-35 from New York were found near him.

Any idea why this info was removed from Namus and/or the MSHP website?

jane dixon.jpg

**NEW** Updated artist's rendering of this Jane Doe, released late last night by LE. Probably has not hit NamUs or Doe yet.

Source: NamUs working with University of North Texas at Austin

This Jane Doe is going to be exhumed to try and identify her....

http://www.ozarksfirst.com/story/d/story/unidentified-murder-victim-to-be-exhumed/29864/9hSoOqmBQE2CYQncxk9O_w

Unidentified Murder Victim to be Exhumed
05/05/2015 09:15 AM

PULASKI COUNTY, Mo.-- Investigators plan to exhume an unidentified woman, in hopes of finally identifying her and finding her killer.

Pulaski County Sheriff Ron Long said in 1981, a woman was discovered murdered a few miles from Dixon. The woman's body was found in a small creek without any type of identification.

A bit more info here...

Law enforcers will exhume 'Jane Doe' 34 years after murder in Pulaski County
12:03 AM CDT May 06, 2015

snip
Thirty-four years after Jane Doe's death, the sheriff's department requested to have her body exhumed. In a rare move, a judge granted it.

If the remains aren't too decomposed, Long hopes advances in science will help investigators cull new clues from the exhumation, which could eventually help not only identify Jane Doe, but also her killer.

"We will look at places like under her fingernails for DNA from the suspect or suspects, or maybe other places on her body hoping that there is some DNA left behind from these perpetrators," he said.

I haven't been on Websleuths for quite a while. But still been keeping up with this Jane Doe. There have been several press releases concerning the exhumation. Fingers crossed dna tells something!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know that soldiers write their names in their clothes if they live in barracks. I should say, it's a common practice. But, she was never identified as someone who was AWOL.
Maybe she was an enemy soldier. Or guerilla.

Beatrice was 27 in 1976, so the age would be right (35 "isn" in 1981). Her height is right. She could have lost 60 lbs in 5 years, especially if she was a runaway or abducted or something along those lines.

The only thing is, Jane Doe had a full upper denture. Runaways and abducted people don't often have access to dental care, I wouldn't think.

Maybe she spent some time in captivity & was tortured with dental extraction.

Article with new information and photo of the marked bra posted by PFF in duplicate thread at http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ne-Doe-Found-May-1981&p=11916707#post11916707 (please close or merge)

Someone Got Away With Murder: Do You Know This Woman?

She was brutally murdered in May 1981, when she was about 30 years old—beaten about the head, strangled and dumped in shallow water off an isolated country road near the small town of Dixon, in Pulaski County, Missouri. She was a small woman: 5 feet, 3½ inches tall and about 130 pounds, with a slightly dark complexion, dark hair, hazel eyes and high cheekbones, leading investigators to think she might be Native.

The 1981 autopsy revealed that Jane Doe was well nourished, with no scars, tattoos or other marks, according to Renno. Unusual for someone her age, she had a full upper dental plate. She also had dental work on her lower teeth.

When she was found, she was wearing In Gear brand blue jeans, a blue pinstriped long-sleeved blouse from the brand Try 1, blue panties and a white bra labeled “Jubel,” or perhaps “Julie” (see photograph). Renno thought the label could indicate that at some point she lived in a situation where laundry for several people was washed together, then separated out.

brastrap.jpg

She did not appear to have been raped, according to the first investigators handling her case, but her clothes seemed put on hurriedly, perhaps by another person. Her jeans pockets were pulled out, her panties were bunched up, and she had no socks, shoes, ID or jewelry. Renno suspects she was killed elsewhere and taken to the remote area where she was found, which kids sometimes used for partying.

Doe’s remains are now at the University of North Texas, undergoing examinations.

How You Can Help

If you recognize Jane Doe, or if anything in this article jogs a memory that you think might be helpful, you can email Pulaski County Detective Doug Renno at drenno@Pcsheriff2.com, text or call him at (573) 855-1069 or contact the tipline (573) 774-7948.

If you think Jane Doe was a relative of yours, you can assist in identifying her by submitting DNA (via a mouth swab) to the National Missing and Unidentified Persons System, or NamUs. For instructions, go to the University of North Texas’s Forensic Services Unit website, untfsu.com, and click on “Submitting DNA.”

Anyone with a missing relative can get involved in finding them, including submitting DNA, according to NamUs spokesperson J. Todd Matthews. To see whether the individual might already be in the system, go to namus.gov, and check the three databases listed—“Missing,” “Unidentified” and “Unclaimed” persons.

You can also report someone missing, even if years have gone by, by registering as a public user on the NamUs website and entering his or her information, said Matthews. If you have difficulty completing the form—you aren’t sure how best to estimate height and weight, for example—a NamUs administrator will contact you to help.

(above are snips by me from link posted originally by PFF)
Read more at http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwo...eone-got-away-murder-do-you-know-woman-161002

Worth remembering, I think, that, especially if the name is "Jubel", it could be a surname. Sometimes, in situations where clothes are labeled, a surname is used rather than a given name.

Also -- the DOE link above says she was strangled "with pantyhose" ...? I didn't remember reading that before...perhaps I had just missed it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back