MO - Elizabeth Olten, 9, St Martin's, 21 Oct 2009 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is totally off topic but I have never heard of anyone shopping at a Hy-Vee that was not in Iowa. I worked at one when I was in high school. :)

Hy-Vee has totally expanded. Not small stores like the ones I've seen in Iowa, but great big jumbo marts, clean and bright. All over Missouri now. And thats a good thing, Hy-Vee rocks. :)

Just got back from Hy-Vee, across the street from where the service was today. There was still a big KMOV TV (St. Louis) truck in HyVee at 9:45 pm. It looked like they were packing up, but the satellite dish (one of those great big ones) was still raised. Wonder why they are still here so late.

Welcome cornfed Hick. I take it you are a local? Just wanted to say Welcome and thanks for checking in.

Tricia

http://www.newstribune.com/articles/2009/10/28/news_local/065local10closedmeeting09.txt

Read the comments to get some insight from the locals and people familiar with her. Perp was allegedly a "cutter":shocked2:
Sorry to quote myself but in regards to this post. As a parent of a middle schooler less than an hour away, I know there are girls cutting in the 6th grade.
"I can assure you that there are more "cutters" that school staff and parents don't know about, and would never guess these kids are doing it. "

I totally agree Tricia. I just worry there may be more in the days to come, because they're going to be looking for a safe place where they can talk about this and process things. If I was 16 and stumbled upon this forum, it would strike me as a safe harbor. Just my 2 cents.

there are awefull stories about young children and teens everyday, theres nothing that would make those close to this one more likely than others to be online.

Oh My Dear God In Heaven,

I have been reading at the links you all posted and I am numb.

If even one tenth of the rumors are true this is such a hideous crime that it leaves one speechless.

In the days to come my guess is we are going to hear about all kinds of huge red flags that were ignored about this girl. That's what is so tragic.

People knew, People knew how disturbed she was IMO.

Oh My Dear God In Heaven,

I have been reading at the links you all posted and I am numb.

If even one tenth of the rumors are true this is such a hideous crime that it leaves one speechless.

In the days to come my guess is we are going to hear about all kinds of huge red flags that were ignored about this girl. That's what is so tragic.

People knew, People knew how disturbed she was IMO.

That is just how I have been feeling! I think that when LE allows this information to be confirmed...or if it goes to trial or whatever....this case is going to explode.

May God keep His arms around Elizabeth's family and friends...

Hi All,

LillyAnne contacted me by email before I realized she was a classmate of the accused.

Before I realized this I emailed back that I would like to talk to her.

When I realized she was the same age (or close to it) as the accused I asked her, actually begged her, not to post.

As much as I would love inside information it is just not right to have a teenager associated with something as traumatic as this posting about it on Websleuths.

I told her that if she wanted to post about it anyway and went to another forum people would try and contact her and she would have no idea if those people were safe or not. I can only imagine if she went on some of the other lowlife forums that will post and say anything.

Don't you all agree that it is not a good idea? I hope you understand.

I also told her that if she and a parent wanted to call me to talk about this I would be glad to explain the pitfalls of posting.

She has no idea what she is getting into. It's hard enough when you are an adult to jump into a forum. Let alone when you are a kid involved in something as tragic as this.

Thank you for understanding.

Tricia, I do understand, but I think she was safer here than other places and I guess I wanted to protect her. I know that is crazy thinking...I can't.

The power cord to my laptop decided to go CRASH. I am using another's puter right now and have to go. I'll be back when I get the cord replaced.

{{{HUGS}}} to all.

On another note, Elizabeth’s father’s girlfriend disappeared in 2007, he is the main person of interest in that case. I hope that if he was involved in Jasmine Haslag’s disappearance that this will be a catalyst for him to confess, so her people can find her body and get some sort of closure.
????what?

Tricia, I do understand, but I think she was safer here than other places and I guess I wanted to protect her. I know that is crazy thinking...I can't.

The power cord to my laptop decided to go CRASH. I am using another's puter right now and have to go. I'll be back when I get the cord replaced.

{{{HUGS}}} to all.

I agree my dear. BUT, I can't control who tries to contact her. I wish I could say I know everyone on this board but I don't.

We have a wonderful group, great moderators but over 20 thousand registered members.

Our core group of posters would wrap our arms around this child and do what we could to protect her but it is not enough. We are not equipped to deal with what she may be going through. We don't know enough about her and her home situation.

My goal is to stop her from posting. I would really like to talk to one of her parents to explain about the forums. Perhaps one of her parents would want to post. That would be fine.

I know what you mean though about keeping her safe if she chooses to post but even though we may want to and do our best to we can't say for sure she would be 100 percent safe anywhere on the Internet. That is my concern.

Hi All,
I joined this site to post about Morgan Harrington, the VTech junior who vanished almost two weeks ago. But as publicity surrounding Elizabeth has picked up, this case has shaken me to the core. I have spent the past hour or so going through past posts and "following the bread crumbs," as it were, and I've finally gathered the important information. (You guys amaze me, by the way, for your ability to use the internet and VERY LITTLE details to find such extensive info) I found AB on Facebook and Myspace and Twitter, and have searched through some of her MS friends, and I am deeply, deeply saddened by this case for some reason. More than any other case that I've read about or followed.
The following is the MS status of a girl from AB's high school:
"this is bigger than all of us. this is bigger than high school. & these stupid little rumors need to stop. you dont know anything.
Mood: yourethemonster.
Posted at 9:29 PM Oct 26"
This murder is tearing apart a community, and a school as well. If the allegations against AB are true, this needs to be a wake-up call...I know that AB's family situation has never been quite ideal, but this goes to show that parents and guardians NEED to be in touch with their teens' feelings. My parents were always interested...they didn't impose themselves, but I knew they cared, and that I could always go to them. I'm 20, and I can't imagine 5 years ago feeling broken and hollow enough to murder a child. Sorry if I'm being too preachy or rambling, but I can't get this case out of my head.

There was some speculation of self-harming by the teen. Don't know if that's it. This case is just so wrong on so many levels!

prof,
the post is still there. It just repeats a rumor that suspect called her and asked her to come back after she left.

I have no idea if that is true.

BBM ~
It is absolutely a time zone thing, b/c it shows on mine that she made this post at 9:45 am...and I am in her time zone. You are three hours behind us.

The one that caught my eye was from August 4.

"holy ****, i almost died last night xD3:"
26 PM Aug 4th from txt

Any idea what that means? The xD3? Do you think she was flatlining? or choking herself?

Salem

Hi All,
I joined this site to post about Morgan Harrington, the VTech junior who vanished almost two weeks ago. But as publicity surrounding Elizabeth has picked up, this case has shaken me to the core. I have spent the past hour or so going through past posts and "following the bread crumbs," as it were, and I've finally gathered the important information. (You guys amaze me, by the way, for your ability to use the internet and VERY LITTLE details to find such extensive info) I found AB on Facebook and Myspace and Twitter, and have searched through some of her MS friends, and I am deeply, deeply saddened by this case for some reason. More than any other case that I've read about or followed.
The following is the MS status of a girl from AB's high school:
"this is bigger than all of us. this is bigger than high school. & these stupid little rumors need to stop. you dont know anything.
Mood: yourethemonster.
Posted at 9:29 PM Oct 26"
This murder is tearing apart a community, and a school as well. If the allegations against AB are true, this needs to be a wake-up call...I know that AB's family situation has never been quite ideal, but this goes to show that parents and guardians NEED to be in touch with their teens' feelings. My parents were always interested...they didn't impose themselves, but I knew they cared, and that I could always go to them. I'm 20, and I can't imagine 5 years ago feeling broken and hollow enough to murder a child. Sorry if I'm being too preachy or rambling, but I can't get this case out of my head.

Thanks and welcome! I am deeply affected by this one as well. I have a feeling that this will also be a wake up call for not only parents/guardians but school advisors, staff, instructors! I really do hope that the suicide of the journalism advisor for the school is not related, but I have a feeling it is. :(

They did answer the question about the letter. Talked about it for a bit.

I watched the later show just so I could hear you - you did good and it was a great question. It answered that it appears there are 2 types of written evidence - some correspondence and then possibly a journal of some sort. Which leads me to believe the written evidence comes from 2 separate sources.

GOOD WORK!!!!! :dance::dance:

Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members