MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't tell if it's this Administration's involvement, Holder's investigation, or being "sensitive" as the Mayor stated recently, but it isn't working. Residents are now organizing and calling for laws to be enforced. No one should be held hostage or attacked in their vehicle for driving down a road. Those voices are the ones that need to be heeded, IMO.

ITA. At some point, their obligations to the law-abiding citizens in the community need to outweigh whatever sensitivity or tolerance they think they need to extend to the lawless.

I just can't understand why they're continuing to allow this sort of thing to go on.

Police rushed into crowd of protesters after midnight on W Florissant after rocks thrown at cops. Shots fired toward police during incident.
https://twitter.com/chrisregniertv/status/514765572920573953

These people are shameless.

IMO the SLPD's hands are tied due to "I am the attorney general, and I'm also a black man" Holder. He plays "the card" a lot. Why? 'Cause it works.

SMH

Meanwhile, on SM some are sticking with there was no rioting or looting. It's all being made up. :facepalm:

There's no longer even a pretense of trying to present the truth.

Well, that's perfectly safe. Auto shops don't usually have anything flammable or combustible lying around. :facepalm:

Just another night of peaceful protests in Ferguson, where lawless thugs are permitted to run amok.

Next thing you know, they'll be throwing flaming teddy bears.....

:rolleyes:

Eta: I'm noticing when you the quote multiple post function, it posts them in all posts. I have to go back and uncheck the function :confused:

There's no longer even a pretense of trying to present the truth.

Yep. They don't seek out facts and information, and when it's presented to them, it was planted, faked, or propaganda from what I've seen.

Gone for a day and all hell breaks loose.

After reading some but not all of the preceding pages, I'm left with this feeling that some are threatened by the progress that was being made. This isn't about a memorial being burned down IMO. IMO, the thugs started seeing the first steps of progress being made. Peaceful town hall meetings. Municipal Court reforms. A growing percentage of the citizenship denouncing those who are violent or acting up. The thugs felt threatened by those steps. The coming days will be important for Ferguson to continue down the path of the positive change and force that to be the story, not the acts of 1% of the city's population, and that's assuming all 200 last night were from Ferguson. It would be nice if MSM put more emphasis on those positive changes and less on the thugs.

I do have a question, I read about reports of shots fired. Were those rubber bullets from police or were shots fired upon police by thugs?

ITA. At some point, their obligations to the law-abiding citizens in the community need to outweigh whatever sensitivity or tolerance they think they need to extend to the lawless.

I just can't understand why they're continuing to allow this sort of thing to go on.

IMHO it's fear

however, law abiding citizens are rising up, voicing their concerns & will hopefully will overtake the rioters/looters; protesting is one thing but acting like fools is another

These people are shameless.

IMO the SLPD's hands are tied due to "I am the attorney general, and I'm also a black man" Holder. He plays "the card" a lot. Why? 'Cause it works.

SMH

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I've been wondering how to say this without getting a TO.

It is a sad state of affairs when the police no longer do their sworn duty to keep dogs from urinating on memorials.Was this dog a resident of canfield green or was he an outside agitator? What color was this dog? Oh wait it was probley a police dog secretly trained to annoy,harass and make the protesters feel uncomfortable. Paws up-don't pee!

IMHO it's fear

however, law abiding citizens are rising up, voicing their concerns & will hopefully will overtake the rioters/looters; protesting is one thing but acting like fools is another

I doubt LE has FEAR, except of the honcho in the JD. On the first night, LE had it right, control the mob any way you can, and don't give in. Well, now you see how this hug a and love a looter bs is working.

I am so glad I don't live anywhere near Ferguson. :happydance:

:cow:

SNIPPED for space

I do have a question, I read about reports of shots fired. Were those rubber bullets from police or were shots fired upon police by thugs?

according to P-D The entrance to the Canfield Green apartments was blocked off, and about 12:50 a.m. police begin leaving the scene, including Johnson, Dotson and Belmar.

At that time, someone fired about six shots from a building roughly 150 yards from the entrance to the apartments. No one was hit, and police did not go into the cordoned-off area to pursue the shooter.

I doubt LE has FEAR, except of the honcho in the JD. On the first night, LE had it right, control the mob any way you can, and don't give in. Well, now you see how this hug a and love a looter bs is working.

I am so glad I don't live anywhere near Ferguson. :happydance:

:cow:

that's what I mean Fear of the DOJ; that police force knows it will be dissolved & the County will start patrolling that area, not unlike what happened in Jennings in 2011

heck, we're scared in our neighborhood & we're >15 miles away - anticipate it to swell outside Ferguson again soon

A small fire outside a custard shop appeared to be intentionally set, according to fire officials.

Missouri State Highway Patrol scheduled a news conference Wednesday to discuss the unrest.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/arrests-made-after-rocks-tossed-at-police-in-ferguson-missouri/

Will Johnson lead conference? Where and when? Journalism is dead.

Will he be ashamed again???

The unicorn knows the truth...

tumblr_lh5uisPwVG1qafrh6.gif

Rocks and bricks were thrown at police at one point.

Police officials, including Missouri Highway Patrol Capt. Ronald S. Johnson, St. Louis County Police Chief Jon Belmar and St. Louis Police Chief Sam Dotson, went to the scene.

Santos said the windows had been replaced just a week ago at a cost of $1,300. He got the boards from the basement and put them back on the newly smashed windows, saying he "will probably leave them up for a while now."

Some protesters threw bottles at police as they were being moved north on West Florissant toward Canfield Drive.

At that time, someone fired about six shots from a building roughly 150 yards from the entrance to the apartments.
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_309231ff-6846-58ca-8ea3-7289c01365c5.html

there will be a press conference later this morning (1030a) by the police dept

I wonder how many of the 200 protesters are from Ferguson

After reading some but not all of the preceding pages, I'm left with this feeling that some are threatened by the progress that was being made. This isn't about a memorial being burned down IMO. IMO, the thugs started seeing the first steps of progress being made. Peaceful town hall meetings. Municipal Court reforms. A growing percentage of the citizenship denouncing those who are violent or acting up. The thugs felt threatened by those steps. The coming days will be important for Ferguson to continue down the path of the positive change and force that to be the story, not the acts of 1% of the city's population, and that's assuming all 200 last night were from Ferguson. It would be nice if MSM put more emphasis on those positive changes and less on the thugs.

According to that "myth fact sheet" from the other day. SLPD doesn't have rubber bullets, and as far as I know they were the only LEOs out there last night.

Of course the "protestors" complained they were shot at with rubber bullets.

Gun fire was real, as was the potting/destroying of property.

And ICA with your post.

ETA

ok, I stand corrected, more than just STPD on the scene.

IMHO it's fear

I don't know if we are quite there yet, maybe we are, I don't know, but at some point, what I would like to see is a press conference with 500+ citizens present, no LE to be seen so that it is clear who the message is coming from, and have them denounce the violence and request that those who break the law be arrested. Thus far, I think those people are scared, but as more speak out and their numbers grow, they will feel safety in those numbers. For real change, I just think it has to come from within, not imposed on them. The question is, will MSM cover it?

Also, I wanted to make sure I was right about this, if someone can let me know.

Umar Lee = Cab Driver
Umar Lee =/= Journalist

Just curious as much as anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads