MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beauty Town on West Florissant Avenue was broken into...Windows were also shattered at that business. According to the owner, vandals tried to take the cash register but they ran away when police arrived.

Missouri Highway Patrol set to hold 10:30am news conference to talk about latest round of Ferguson unrest last night.#stl@fox2now
6:54 AM - 24 Sep 2014
http://fox2now.com/2014/09/24/renewed-round-of-unrest-sparks-in-ferguson-overnight/

there will be a press conference later this morning (1030a) by the police dept

I wonder how many of the 200 protesters are from Ferguson

Very few, if any IMO. I would think most of the outsiders have left. Of course a few of the professional agitators are still around.

Protestor and protest organizer and

Independent journalist. Author of urban fiction and social and political commentary. Work has been mentioned in the New York Times, Washington Post and other publications. Featured on the Voice of America, Saudi Channel Two, and other media outlets. Recipient of a Brass Crescent Award for best blog series and former RFT Blog of the Week. Work has appeared in OnIslam, Islamonline, the Islamic Post, Muslim Observer, Muslim Link, MQ Magazine and other publications.
http://umarlee.wordpress.com/about-umar-lee/

Gone for a day and all hell breaks loose.
SNIPPED for space

I do have a question, I read about reports of shots fired. Were those rubber bullets from police or were shots fired upon police by thugs?

also, this from KMOV: St. Louis County Police said they received four calls for "shots fired" starting at 9:03 p.m.

Missouri State Highway Patrol scheduled a news conference Wednesday to discuss the unrest.

These people are shameless.

IMO the SLPD's hands are tied due to "I am the attorney general, and I'm also a black man" Holder. He plays "the card" a lot. Why? 'Cause it works.

SMH

Hearing that really frosts my cupcake. Makes no sense, I know, but so does this. I was stopped because the police officer claimed to have not recognized my address and he said I was exceeding the speed limit. I did not get a ticket and he told me right up front I was not getting one but I was going 58 mph (by my GPS) in a 55 mph speed limit. He never told me what speed I was going even though I asked. I told him I thought I was going 58 by my GPS and I had been following a tractor trailer truck who also pulled over. The officer gave me a warning and said it would not go on my record but where it listed the speed I was pulled over for nothing was listed. He then let me go and pulled out behind me. Never approached the truck. This made no sense to me. BUT, I imagine there could have been a good reason. Whether they were looking for a car like mine, I don't know, but I am sure he had a reason. I sure the truck driver breathed a sigh of relief when the patrol car pulled out because I had been following the truck for about 5 miles before getting stopped. Bet he is still scratching his head. LOL

Now maybe I was treated differently but I did not engage the officer in a negative manner and we actually had a pleasant conversation while he waited for some information. So sometimes we do get pulled over for no reason. And sometimes it is profiling. And sometimes they just have a reason to pull you over that they don't feel they need to share with you. If you get a ticket, take it up with the court system because if a judge feels it was unreasonable they will throw it out.

So people, in general, all have stories about issues they may have with LE. But we are all expected to live within the laws that apply to everyone. No one is exempt, not even police officers, nor lawyers, nor judges. JMO

To further clarify, several others running from same store. I only saw one w what looked like packaged merchandise @Sha----- @jeremykohler

To be clear 1 store I see broken into. Saw 1 person run out of broken door w arms full, looked like merchandise pic.twitter.com/mqxOEy5eiM
https://mobile.twitter.com/CaseyNolen

yeah, I'm no longer calling those people protesters but agitators -- this is way out of hand!!!

I also want to hear from McCaskill, Blunt, Chappelle, and Nasheed condemn these agitators today! Still searching for those who were arrested to see where the reside

Beauty Supply Store again? Really? :laugh:

According to that "myth fact sheet" from the other day. SLPD doesn't have rubber bullets, and as far as I know they were the only LEOs out there last night.

Of course the "protestors" complained they were shot at with rubber bullets.

Gun fire was real, as was the potting/destroying of property.

And ICA with your post.

ETA

ok, I stand corrected, more than just STPD on the scene.

I am a bit confused and it's because of the way our area is set up. SLPD - are you referring to St. Louis City PD or St. Louis County PD or Ferguson PD? I thought I saw that FPD said they don't have those things but I think and actually I hope the County PD has those things. Or the wooden blocks or whatever that are shot out.

Yeah, I got that the destruction of property and throwing rocks and molatov cocktails were real. That was pretty clear. The little bit I had read about shots fired wasn't. That's been cleared up now and thanks for those that provided that info. I am hopeful that enough of a bridge has been built between LE and the community that those in the community will help identify who fired those shots so they can be arrested. Building those bridges aren't just for the sake of the community, it also benefits LE and their safety IMO. I don't know if they're there yet, but I certainly see signs of movement in that direction.

I don't know what ICA stands for.

Haven't seen tweets about who was arrested, holds or charges yet.

yeah, I'm no longer calling those people protesters but agitators -- this is way out of hand!!!

I also want to hear from McCaskill, Blunt, Chappelle, and Nasheed condemn these agitators today! Still searching for those who were arrested to see where the reside

Beauty Supply Store again? Really? :laugh:

I thought it interesting Dotson wants to speak with French.

Protestor and protest organizer and

Independent journalist. Author of urban fiction and social and political commentary. Work has been mentioned in the New York Times, Washington Post and other publications. Featured on the Voice of America, Saudi Channel Two, and other media outlets. Recipient of a Brass Crescent Award for best blog series and former RFT Blog of the Week. Work has appeared in OnIslam, Islamonline, the Islamic Post, Muslim Observer, Muslim Link, MQ Magazine and other publications.
http://umarlee.wordpress.com/about-umar-lee/

So not a true journalist as I think of a true journalist. He's a journalist in the sense that anyone with an internet connection can slap a badge around their neck and call themselves a journalist and then hope some people read and comment on what he's saying. In other words, it doesn't appear he derives a majority of his income from reporting news.

Rocks thrown at police, business vandalized, 7 arrested in Ferguson Tuesday

St. Louis County Police said they received four calls for “shots fired” starting at 9:03 p.m.

Around 4:00 a.m., authorities opened a new investigation after someone threw a Molotov cocktail at a towing company that contracts with the city of Ferguson.
http://www.kmov.com/special-coverag...ing-in-Ferguson-looting-stores-276870991.html

This whole mess is so simple to fix. Meet force with force. Escalating force, if necessary, until there are no more people throwing rocks at police officers, and throwing improvised explosives. I have absolutely no problem at all with officers deploying lethal force in these circumstances, if non-lethal means are not stopping the violence immediately. That's called "consequences for violent behavior." And, believe it or not-- escalating force actually works! Just ask the military, who understand how to deal with these situations.

Implement command and control. Command authorizes when escalating nonlethal force is warranted, and authorizes lethal force. If these rioters want to act like it's a war zone, then they should be treated like the domestic terrorist combatants that they are. This is domestic terrorism. It's not peaceful protest, or any kind of protest. No matter how many fluff pieces are written by cowardly, coddling journalists, calling them "protestors". MLK would be appalled and dismayed at calling this behavior "protest."

LE has a responsibility to stop these criminals from terrorizing the peaceful members of society, protect businesses, etc. This has gone on long enough, IMO.

It's a disgrace and lie to call these rioting, looting, anarchists "protestors". We should not dignify their criminal behavior by calling them "protestors". They are terrorists and criminals, period. Meet force with overwhelming force. It's the only language these thugs understand. IMO, of course.

also, this from KMOV: St. Louis County Police said they received four calls for "shots fired" starting at 9:03 p.m.

Missouri State Highway Patrol scheduled a news conference Wednesday to discuss the unrest.

I'm thinking/hoping that they feel they have garnered enough support from the community at large that they say they are going to start cracking down at this point. It's all a matter of phases and I think it's time for the next phase, or getting pretty damn close.

I thought it interesting Dotson wants to speak with French.

French is an alderman in the City & has nothing to do with Ferguson except protesting -- maybe Dotson thinks French can calm the agitators; I have the feeling that if this happens tonight, all Hell's gonna break loose !

FYI - on KMOX 1120am 2 of French's constituents called in angry that he's spending so much time on MB & not enough on them :laugh:

This whole mess is so simple to fix. Meet force with force. Escalating force, if necessary, until there are no more people throwing rocks at police officers, and throwing improvised explosives. I have absolutely no problem at all with officers deploying lethal force in these circumstances, if non-lethal means are not stopping the violence immediately. That's called "consequences for violent behavior." And, believe it or not-- escalating force actually works! Just ask the military, who understand how to deal with these situations.

Implement command and control. Command authorizes when escalating nonlethal force is warranted, and authorizes lethal force. If these rioters want to act like it's a war zone, then they should be treated like the domestic terrorist combatants that they are. This is domestic terrorism. It's not peaceful protest, or any kind of protest. No matter how many fluff pieces are written by cowardly, coddling journalists, calling them "protestors". MLK would be appalled and dismayed at calling this behavior "protest."

LE has a responsibility to stop these criminals from terrorizing the peaceful members of society, protect businesses, etc. This has gone on long enough, IMO.

It's a disgrace and lie to call these rioting, looting, anarchists "protestors". We should not dignify their criminal behavior by calling them "protestors". They are terrorists and criminals, period. Meet force with overwhelming force. It's the only language these thugs understand. IMO, of course.

:goodpost:

I could not agree more. They need to put away the rubber bullets and break out the real ones. Until the sh** gets real, the looting and rioting and terrorizing will not stop.

Excellent post. It's amazing to me they act like terrorists, cops respond with tactical gear, then they complain they're coming at them like it's Beirut, or something. Projectiles, firing on police, demands, terrorizing citizens and businesses, threatening to burn city hall, the police dept, the city down, holding the town hostage. Geography doesn't determine response; the actions of the rioters do.

I could not agree more. They need to put away the rubber bullets and break out the real ones. Until the sh** gets real, the looting and rioting and terrorizing will not stop.

I agree with K_Z, too!

And I have a feeling that's going to happen tonight :scared:

I agree with the second half of your post. I think it glorifies them by calling them protesters. Honestly, I think even calling them terrorists glorifies them and makes them something they are not. I think they need to be called and treated like they are...common criminals, thugs, punks. If someone wants to throw a molatov cocktail or rocks or whatever, break windows etc...arrest and take them down like the thugs they are. Frankly, I don't even like calling them rioters because I'd bet most of them aren't even out on the front lines but are lurking in the shadows.

Orson agrees.

orson_clapping.gif

Yeah, killing more people isn't going to do anything but make it worse. I get the frustration but just unleashing holy hell on citizens, many of whom aren't breaking the law and of those that are breaking the law are hardly breaking laws that warrant being killed over. Now, you have someone with a molatov cocktail in your sights...different story if you think they're a threat to yourself or others, which I can't imagine how they wouldn't be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike