MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
She's been on leave since March. Read the other tweets. She was off work so was tweeting on her own time.

Her police sources wouldn't care when she tweeted if they told her something "off the record." She stupidly burned a bridge and the editor is spinning in an attempt to cover it.

JMO

You know, from an actuarial or statistical approach, being at a protest likely increases your chances of dying as opposed to staying home.

Like Capt. Johns*on aptly stated at the presser, "A bullet knows no name".....meaning it is indiscriminate and can kill anyone; even innocents, or those who do acts of kindness.

If the shopkeeper had a gun and shot and killed MB.....would ppl be as upset ?

There will be no justice. There will be peace instead.

Heart breaking for officer Wilson as I type.

I don't even think there will be peace at this point. :sigh: I agree with you. This poor man's life is ruined, without all of the facts. Truly sad day in this country. :(

For them, for the family of Michael Brown, for all the parents who have had their sons taken from them much too soon, and for all the children dreaming of a brighter and better future, we now have a responsibility to come together and do everything we can to achieve justice for this family, peace for this community, and have the courage to address the problems that have divided us for too long. Real problems of poverty, education inequality, and race.

SNIP

Second, a vigorous prosecution must now be pursued.
The democratically elected St. Louis County prosecutor and the Attorney General of the United States, each have a job to do. Their obligation to achieve justice in the shooting death of Michael Brown must be carried out thoroughly, promptly, and correctly; and I call upon them to meet those expectations.

Finally, once we have achieved peace in Ferguson and justice for the family of Michael Brown, we must remain committed to rebuilding the trust that has been lost, mending what has been broken, and healing the wounds we have endured.

SNIP

So I ask that we continue to stand together as we work to achieve justice for Michael Brown, restore hope and peace to the streets of Ferguson, and march together toward a future of greater opportunity and understanding for all of us.”

http://fox2now.com/2014/08/19/gov-n...for-missouri-about-the-situation-in-ferguson/

Very disappointing

MOO

I think it is a good statement and I agree. Justice for Michael Brown is important. At this point that means a fair and real investigation that is transparent and open.I think that they have screwed so much up since the beginning they need to make sure from here on out they acknowledge MB death correctly and make sure there really is justice in this case.

Haha, me too......what is this about ISIS signs?

A sign that read “ISIS here” was spotted Monday night behind a CNN host during live coverage of the unrest which has gripped a Missouri suburb following the shooting of an unarmed black 18-year-old.
Images of the sign behind CNN’s Jake Tapper made their way on to Twitter, showing an unidentified individual displaying the message during protests in Ferguson, Missouri.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/aug/19/isis-here-sign-held-during-ferguson-march-seen-cnn/

BvXmPzzIYAAwOIi.jpg

The democratically elected St. Louis County prosecutor and the Attorney General of the United States, each have a job to do. Their obligation to achieve justice in the shooting death of Michael Brown must be carried out thoroughly, promptly, and correctly; and I call upon them to meet those expectations.

Let me get this straight; this is not done in other shooting incidents involving LE? :rolleyes:
This sort of posturing is adding to the ridiculous seething rage of this community.

Yes, go home "protestors" as other members have stated.

I'm going to restrain myself and not comment on the upcoming funeral...other than it makes me sick.

A sign that read “ISIS here” was spotted Monday night behind a CNN host during live coverage of the unrest which has gripped a Missouri suburb following the shooting of an unarmed black 18-year-old.
Images of the sign behind CNN’s Jake Tapper made their way on to Twitter, showing an unidentified individual displaying the message during protests in Ferguson, Missouri.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...nd-cnns-jake-tapper-during-ferguson-protests/

View attachment 57188

SMH?."I've seen it all now....I say burn yer bras

Not sure why he thinks that should be done when the investigation isn't completed yet. jmo

Here we go again...i cant with these police officers. Just sad, and he will get off, as the lies just keep coming day by day. None of us are born yesterday lol we all know 6 bullets to the head is murder. Blaaaaa

omg lol Read the autopsy report from Baden

I am very disappointed with Governor Nixon's statement. I should clarify. I agree with some of it but the repeated references to helping Mr. Brown's family achieve and receive justice imply that the governor has himself already decided and is announcing that there was wrongdoing on teh part of officer Wilson.

If there was then I agree, justice must be sought. But his statement implies that has already been determined and if it has then the public deserves to how he or others in positions of authority have arrived at it.

To me it seems as if the deck has been steadily and deliberately stacked against Wilson in the name of restoring peace and I am not at all okay with that.

Completely agree.

They should be issuing seperate statements. One that addresses the unrest, rioting etc., and one that addresses the investigation. Of course I'm assuming the investigation is still in progress, cause you sure wouldn't know it based on this statement.

The Brown family deserves answers...that's not necessarily the same thing as "justice." For them justice is about convicting Wilson, and seeing him in prison.

How can they keep promising "justice" when the investigation is still ongoing????

What the hell is going to happen if the facts show Wilson was justified?.

Keep the political snark out of your posts on this thread. There is a political thread in the private area. Vent there, not here.

Here we go again...i cant with these police officers. Just sad, and he will get off, as the lies just keep coming day by day. None of us are born yesterday lol we all know 6 bullets to the head is murder. Blaaaaa

There were not six bullets to the head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member