MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here we go again...i cant with these police officers. Just sad, and he will get off, as the lies just keep coming day by day. None of us are born yesterday lol we all know 6 bullets to the head is murder. Blaaaaa

6 bullets to the head?

You may want to review the earlier threads..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Second, a vigorous prosecution must now be pursued.

Not sure why he thinks that should be done when the investigation isn't completed yet. jmo

This is the part that has me fuming right now. Vigorous prosecution? REALLY? Who is this guy? He's definitely not fair and impartial! He's pandering to the <modsnip> because he is skeered of what they might do next. Yeah, that's a good idea. Let's let lawlessness and fear dictate what moves we make in society.

:gaah:

6 bullets to the head?

You may want to review the earlier threads..

U know what i mean...lawd god lol he fired six shots. Whats the difference, he wantes him dead.

I am soo behind but. Was trying to post in regard to Holder visit and the thread closed. You guys are just moving way too fast for me...

the DOJ has no role in the primary aspect of this case-whether the killing was justified or if it was criminal under MO law. In these high profile cases, the role of the DOJ is to determine whether the civil rights of the decedent were violated. Naturally, that charge involves a similar analysis, but focused on whether the killing was unlawful and based on race. I don't see the DOJ acting at all unless the local DA fails to get an indictment and/or something happens so the case fails to go to trial or maybe even if the officer ends up being acquitted. He can't be tried again for the shooting but he can be tried for federal civil rights violations.

I also don't think the DOJ will proceed in any way against the officer if it is clearly demonstrated that this was a legal shooting. As far as I know the FBI and DOJ routinely review such police shootings and seldom brings actions. Some states, like WI may mandate an outside review of police involved shootings-I haven't heard that MO has such a requirement.

..the full resources of the Department of Justice are being committed to our federal civil rights investigation into the death of Michael Brown
Statement of Eric Holder http://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/2014/August/14-ag-873.html

He is going to Ferguson to
meet with FBI investigators, and prosecutors on the ground from the Civil Rights Division and U.S. Attorney’s Office officials about the ongoing investigation

He does not say anything about meeting with protestors, family, activists, community leaders etc. That sounds right. He should not and I don't believe he will make any statement that could be contrued as taking up for one side or the other. He may make a statement intended to calm the community, about the process being undertaken and investigation proceeding, etc. It would be highly irresponsible to make any statement relative to the underlying issue of whether the officer's use of force was justified.

There will be no justice. There will be peace instead.

Heart breaking for officer Wilson as I type.

And there won't even be 'peace.' Even if he is railroaded, there will not be peace. jmo

U know what i mean...lawd god lol he fired six shots. Whats the difference, he wantes him dead.

He wanted the threat stopped.
That's his sworn duty and he has every legal right to defend himself.

I am soo behind but. Was trying to post in regard to Holder visit and the thread closed. You guys are just moving way too fast for me...

the DOJ has no role in the primary aspect of this case-whether the killing was justified or if it was criminal under MO law. In these high profile cases, the role of the DOJ is to determine whether the civil rights of the decedent were violated. Naturally, that charge involves a similar analysis, but focused on whether the killing was unlawful and based on race. I don't see the DOJ acting at all unless the local DA fails to get an indictment and/or something happens so the case fails to go to trial or maybe even if the officer ends up being acquitted. He can't be tried again for the shooting but he can be tried for federal civil rights violations.

I also don't think the DOJ will proceed in any way against the officer if it is clearly demonstrated that this was a legal shooting. As far as I know the FBI and DOJ routinely review such police shootings and seldom brings actions. Some states, like WI may mandate an outside review of police involved shootings-I haven't heard that MO has such a requirement.

Statement of Eric Holder http://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/2014/August/14-ag-873.html

He is going to Ferguson to

He does not say anything about meeting with protestors, family, activists, community leaders etc. That sounds right. He should not and I don't believe he will make any statement that could be contrued as taking up for one side or the other. He may make a statement intended to calm the community, about the process being undertaken and investigation proceeding, etc. It would be highly irresponsible to make any statement relative to the underlying issue of whether the officer's use of force was justified.

Jake Tapper on CNN stated that Eric Holder had a meeting set up for tomorrow evening with MB's parents. It is part of his scheduled meetings. He is meeting with the investigators, the DA, and the Browns, according to CNN.

I would do anything to save my life too if someone was beating me on the face and trying to take my weapon.

I grew up always knowing that LE wasn't just wearing a halloween costume.
I was raised and taught (and felt it) that if I was unlawful, disrespectful, criminalistic, or disobeyed their requests/demands that I run the risk of being shot.
They have real bullets for a reason.

U know what i mean...lawd god lol he fired six shots. Whats the difference, he wantes him dead.[/QUOTT

Maybe he was in fear of his own life. We don't have all the details yet. I don't know about you, but if someone is charging me and I'm in fear of my life...I'm going to value my life more than the life of the person who is charging at me. JMO

Second, a vigorous prosecution must now be pursued.

Not sure why he thinks that should be done when the investigation isn't completed yet. jmo

"vigorous prosecution"
I am a spatial/visual person so right now I can't find the right words to express what I am thinking. This comes close:
tumblr_n5eybv5efL1tra3zho1_500.gif
Jmho

Of course he wanted him dead. The man had just brutally assaulted him after robbing a store and was coming towards him again.

I grew up always knowing that LE wasn't just wearing a halloween costume.
I was raised and taught (and felt it) that if I was unlawful, disrespectful, criminalistic, or disobeyed their requests/demands that I run the risk of being shot.
They have real bullets for a reason.
Thats sad, cus ill be dammed if my son was shot dead, over him cursing out a police officer. Do what the hell u want, but do not shoot him 6 times because u feel him and everybody else is scum...Not buying it lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaBN1