GUILTY MO - James 'Bo' McNeely, 20, abducted & murdered, Laddonia, 17 Dec 2009

http://www.koamtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=11747985

"Court records indicate Chester Harvey told a tipster he killed a man he had picked up in California."

From what I can tell, Chester Harvey, a long haul trucker, picked up James McNeely somewhere in California and took him back to Missouri. There he was tortured for days by Harvey's friends and family members, including his wife and sons, until he was finally murdered. After the young man was dead, Harvey held his family hostage, further endangering his young terminally ill son's life. Can someone please tell me what the motive in this horrid crime is? I'm not getting it.

"They're just regular people" the neighbor says?

That's some regular people I would not mess with.

The one person by that last name from Inez, Kentucky had also lived in Ohio. How sad. Poor kid. A 20 year old kid.

I can only find one 20-year old James McNeely in Ohio. He's Muslim. Don't want to start rumours - just reporting what I find.

JM was picked up in CA so do we know for sure he's from Ohio? Also, there's a pix of him in this video & he doesn't look Muslim to me..I may be wrong but don't think so.

http://www.abc17news.com/news/story.php?id=15791

I'm so damn SICK of all the SICKOS!!!!!!!!!

ETA..I see now he's from Kentucky but has lived in Ohio?

amysmom--A person doesn't have to be a specific color or race to be Muslim. It is a religion and faith. Many people of Caucasian descent are Muslim.

I don't know if the murder victim, James McNeely, is Muslim, though. The only plausible MS site seems to fit, however. That man last posted on 11/23 and says he is a Libra (I can't find a birthdate to verify). He identifies himself as Muslim and said he is the father of a young son and is engaged to a woman with the initial "C".

If this is the same man, he certainly traveled around as he listed a number of colleges in WV he's attended in the last 2-3 years, graduated from high school in Mass., was picked up in California (possibly traveling??), and has a funeral scheduled in Kentucky.

I think we're going to have to wait for some updates. Hopefully, we'll hear a motive soon. It's always so chilling to learn that a group of people torture someone. That's not what one could call a crime of passion, that's for sure.

Yes, it is the same man on MS. The ABC news story uses a photo which is also posted on the young man's fiance's MS page. She and James received a marriage license this year in Columbus, OH.

I'm really wondering what brought about this murder. James left a young son behind.

It looks like the couple never followed through with their marriage plans and she's moved on to another boyfriend. She does comment, though, on James' death. This is really sad.

What a bunch of creepers! I can't understand how so many people could be involved in such a cruel and demented murder. What possible motive could there have been?

There's an interesting comment here by a person posted under the name "Jackie".

http://www.topix.net/forum/source/columbus-dispatch/T2CE7DFUO4FLIR7F1

So, drugs?

That would definitely be my guess Missizzy - just looking at the bunch that have been arrested. I would say meth. I still don't understand the connection here completely and the whole California factor.

But if it was because they thought he was going to turn them in or talk to the wrong people about what they were doing, the torture over days seems a little extreme to me. Unless they didn't originally plan to kill him.

There has to be more to it.

Yes, it is the same man on MS. The ABC news story uses a photo which is also posted on the young man's fiance's MS page. She and James received a marriage license this year in Columbus, OH.

I'm really wondering what brought about this murder. James left a young son behind.

Would you please post his Myspace page?

So the young man by the same exact name being buried in Kentucky in a Baptist ceremony is not this same young man?

As I looked through all the MS Pages it appeared that would be (Kentucky) that at least his mom was from or is from at one point.

I'm just wondering if he's Muslim why he'd be being buried in a baptist ceremony? Not that should matter because he's a mere young guy. He shouldn't have even been in harms way let alone murdered and tortured.

I cannot fathom any motive that would explain why they tortured and murdered this one young man. The fact that so many are involved from teenagers to adults is bone chilling.

This man really couldn't have been a threat to all of these people. He was just barely an adult. It is like they all tortured him and finally murdered him just because they knew they could. They are beyond repulsive and disgusting.

I hope that justice comes for him and those who participated in these torturous acts are sentenced to the maximum.

imo

I don't believe that I can post a link to this young woman's MS as she is not involved. She was engaged to the deceased and is the mother of his child. You should be able to find it after reading his MS. I don't see any connection between her current boyfriend and this family. I think the poster on the comment page concerning the story about California is probably correct. It looks like the young man was in WV.

I agree that a Baptist funeral is NOT appropriate for someone stating that they are Muslim. Possibly, he had just converted and his family has not accepted that reality. Being that his MS page listed him as both a smoker and drinker, I would imagine that he is new to the faith IMO or that he hasn't updated that part of his profile to reflect his current beliefs.

I look at a lot of 20 something's MS pages (keeping up on a bunch of my own kids) and I have to say that several things jumped out at me on this young man. Yes, he's a poser and he likes his hip-hop. However, if you read his details, you realize that he had diverse interests in books and movies. He listed his favorite music as jazz. He was a college student. Not real typical stuff. It makes him all the more "real" to me. He also wrote a genuinely caring tribute to his child's mother. She must have returned that love as she went with him to get a Marriage Certificate last year.

Whatever happened, a little boy lost his Dad.

http://www.wsaz.com/home/headlines/80554847.html

Kentucky Native Tortured and Killed in Missouri

"MARTIN COUNTY, Ky. (WSAZ) -- A man who grew up in eastern Kentucky was tortured and killed in Missouri last week. 20-year-old James McNeely, originally of Martin County, Ky., was found dead in the trailer of a semi truck. The Vandalia Leader, a newspaper in Missouri, reports that McNeely was found on a mattress with his hands and feet bound by duct tape. Authorities say he was suffocated.

Prosecutors have charged the owner of the semi truck, Chester Harvey, his wife, Angela Harvey, and stepson, Chad Harvey, with first degree murder. Chester and Chad are also facing other charges."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz
Back