MO - Jasmine Miller, 6, found strangled in Branson motel, 21 Feb 2015 *Arrest*

I can't even begin to imagine how very frightened this little baby was looking into that face as she died :(

Oh gosh. Just horrible. He is the real boogey man.

This happened on 'the strip', on 76 blvd. There are more seedy, extended stay motels there than I can count. It's disgusting. Branson can be, in one regard, a beautiful place to visit and enjoy the lake and other attractions, but there is a really dark side to Branson as well. Backwoods type stuff.

This seems like those seedy type residential motels that you see on the First 48.

I thought he might be homeless, but he lives less than 4 mi. from the motel. I wonder why he was there. Has he been to the motel before? Was he visiting someone there? Did he go there looking for rooms to break into, maybe?

By the looks of him I won't be surprised if he was on drugs. But why would he harm an innocent little child? :(
So glad they caught him quickly.

According to court records, Roberts was facing a charge of second-degree murder in Taney County Associate Circuit Court. Following a bond hearing, he was released from jail Feb. 11 after posting a $171 cash bond, records show.

Branson police sent an alert to Branson residents at 7:15 p.m. Saturday about a missing girl. The alert is available to Branson residents, and the alerts are received by phone or text. A later alert said the girl had been found and that police were still investigating.

Are you *advertiser censored***** kidding me? How did he get bail on a second degree murder charge? Who paid it and who paid for that room? OMG. Maybe I am reading this wrong. My eyes are burning.

Ok, saw the change to burglary. My eyes are no longer burning but I am still p*****. This guy has been a court/city problem probably for years and is used to getting these ridiculously low bails. Now look what they've made it possible for him to do. God, I ask that this not be a case where she was sold by a parent/guardian. In your name, I pray.

If you Google his address, it is yet another extended stay, seedy motel on the strip. Makes me wonder, how many families go to branson on a family vacation and rent a cheap room to save money for the fun stuff, and are putting themselves in danger?

I thought he might be homeless, but he lives less than 4 mi. from the motel. I wonder why he was there. Has he been to the motel before? Was he visiting someone there? Did he go there looking for rooms to break into, maybe?

By the looks of him I won't be surprised if he was on drugs. But why would he harm an innocent little child? :(
So glad they caught him quickly.

I'm watching the local (ky3) news. They said that the child lived at the motel with her family. So sad. Residents claimed that they helped search for an hour or so before police were involved. They searched ditches, trash cans, etc. "probably 100 people or better ...searching the area'. A resident at that motel, Lisa Wilson, remembered the suspect as she is the manager of the motel where he lives, and says she has had prior trouble with him, such as not paying rent and having drugs in his hotel room. Amber Alert was not in effect, according to highway patrol. Suspect's name does not come up on the MO sex offender registry. Www.ky3.com will likely post a video soon. They have set up a fund for the family at a Branson Bank. Sorry about the sloppy post... I'm on my iPad.

If you take Google his address, it is yet another extended stay, seedy motel on the strip. Makes me wonder, how many families go to branson on a family vacation and rent a cheap room to save money for the fun stuff, and are putting themselves in danger?
Thanks. I looked at the locations on Google maps to see the distance but didn't take a look at his residence. Just assumed it was a house. That is the address on file for Roberts by the MO State Courts. Still, why would he go to a motel down the road?

Wonder if he checked out of the one motel and was checked into the Windsor Inn? Would there be a point in moving from motel to motel along the strip, other than maybe looking for victims?

This comment is curious:

<snip>
It was not immediately clear whether Roberts was related to the girl or previously knew her. A spokesman for Branson's police department declined to answer questions about their relationship.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/02/22/us-usa-crime-girl-idUSKBN0LQ0RA20150222

LE has released little information. If you read the comment section of the local news articles, such as http://www.ky3.com/news/local/man-c...ilds-death-in-branson-motel/21048998_31414910, you can read some comments from other locals. IMO, this man was in and out of jail, and frequented such motels and kind of hopped from one to another, getting kicked out for various reasons. One comment even discloses that she lives near him in another motel and that he has asked her questions about her 4 year old daughter in the past.

Thanks. I looked at the locations on Google maps to see the distance but didn't take a look at his residence. Just assumed it was a house. That is the address on file for Roberts by the MO State Courts. Still, why would he go to a motel down the road?

Wonder if he checked out of the one motel and was checked into the Windsor Inn? Would there be a point in moving from motel to motel along the strip, other than maybe looking for victims?

This comment is curious:

<snip>
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/02/22/us-usa-crime-girl-idUSKBN0LQ0RA20150222

That picture makes me feel absolutely sick to the stomach. She must have been terrified. Disgusting

a google search for a pic of Jasmine using the search terms "jasmine miller 6 branson" leads to a photo of a girl of around six that is associated with the fox2 report about this case. But when you go to the sourced news article, that picture is not present in the article. So I wonder if it was subsequently removed. Do we know? Was she sexually assaulted? I am wondering if the photo was out breifly while she was missing and then pulled once found deceased :(

a google search for a pic of Jasmine using the search terms "jasmine miller 6 branson" leads to a photo of a girl of around six that is associated with the fox2 report about this case. But when you go to the sourced news article, that picture is not present in the article. So I wonder if it was subsequently removed. Do we know? Was she sexually assaulted? I am wondering if the photo was out breifly while she was missing and then pulled once found deceased :(

I see what picture you are talking about. I remember someone in the comments saying she had blonde hair so it is likely the picture is her. IDK why they would remove it if she was found murdered though. Plus I don't think the case hit the news until after she was found.

http://www.news-leader.com/story/ne...angled-year-old-branson-lured-death/23881673/

Documents: Strangled 6-year-old in Branson had just moved from Springfield

Court records say a 55-year-old man lured a 6-year-old girl into his room with snacks and strangled her.

John P. Roberts is in the Taney County Jail and is accused of murdering Jasmine Miller in Branson.

The girl was in kindergarten at Cedar Ridge Primary School, in Branson, but had only recently moved from Springfield, where she was a student at Mann Elementary.

Roberts is charged with first-degree murder and allegedly murdered Miller at the Windsor Inn on West 76 Country Boulevard, according to police. Roberts had a room at the inn, according to police.

This poor baby. :(

:rose:

4d856e31-5204-4583-82ef-d1f609ceb94a_zpspjtzbhkt.jpg

http://www.ky3.com/news/local/polic...o-lure-victim-to-motel-room/21048998_31425104

Court records say a 55-year-old man lured a 6-year-old girl into his room with snacks and strangled her.

John P. Roberts is in the Taney County Jail and is accused of murdering Jasmine Miller in Branson.

The girl was in kindergarten at Cedar Ridge Primary School, in Branson, but had only recently moved from Springfield, where she was a student at Mann Elementary.

http://www.news-leader.com/story/ne...angled-year-old-branson-lured-death/23881673/

LE has released little information. If you read the comment section of the local news articles, such as http://www.ky3.com/news/local/man-c...ilds-death-in-branson-motel/21048998_31414910, you can read some comments from other locals. IMO, this man was in and out of jail, and frequented such motels and kind of hopped from one to another, getting kicked out for various reasons. One comment even discloses that she lives near him in another motel and that he has asked her questions about her 4 year old daughter in the past.

BBM. Looks to me like he could be a SO that just hadn't let himself get caught. Wouldn't he have been more careful if he'd wanted to get away with this? That said, thank God they got him. Prayers for Jasmine's family in this awful time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back