MO MO - Jessica Runions, 21, Kansas City, 8 Sept 2016 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, Metta. At this point, I do wonder if anyone knows anything, since there have been no updates, or any indication the local law inforcement agency allowed help for any outside investigative resource with their specialized expertise,

Some good thoughts. I agree. He does seem childish in his encounters with news media. That being said, sometimes people who are emotionally/behaviorally underdeveloped are quite intelligent (over compensation to hide their flaws). This probably accounts for his wit and charm. It's frustrating. I feel like if we knew more about his character and personality, we would have more insight to how he thinks, but at this point probably only LE and close friends are the only ones with this sort of info. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
I agree as well. It's difficult to make a good judgement call with him because there's just so little concrete information but then again reading his history and upbringing, you can kind of start to piece some things together. I do think he has some pretty serious issues with his mother that stem into his relationships with other women. What little I've read about her, she wasn't in his life much and when she was it wasn't positive. I think he also has major issues with rejection and abandonment that also stem from his childhood and the way he was raised. It seems his grandpa may be the only person he has ever really been able to depend on and trust. His responses to media do come across as very childish and he doesn't seem very organized, but I still think he's probably much more intelligent than people give him credit for. I also see a lot of red flags with him for antisocial personality disorder, and he allegedly has ptsd and bipolar disorder. His lack of empathy and remorse is very telling and it's obvious to me he's very controlling and manipulative. At the same though, there's just not enough concrete information on him to say with real certainty what's going on in his sick mind. All we can do is guess and it's likely that even his closest friends and family may not know who he really is at heart. I'm sure a criminal psychologist would have a field day with this guy.

I think if the police would (not sure if they have) talk to the mom, as well as his abuser(s), and get some real and deep answers about his childhood, it could help immensely. He said hi to his mom when he was being taken away. Maybe it's a jab at her for not protecting him- maybe she knew about it and did nothing. I truly think the answers are somewhere in that family, just not the grandfather- not the real answers, at least. JMO

I am worried! KY can't get away with this again! I am afraid the charge for burning her vehicle isn't enough to keep him in jail for too long. Why haven't they charged him with anything else yet? They have to have something else. Jessica needs to be found now! Media seems to have slowed on this case. I wish LE would make some sort of statement or press release just to reassure us all that finding Jessica is a top priority. This case has made me feel more helpless then most. Where are you Jessica?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think if the police would (not sure if they have) talk to the mom, as well as his abuser(s), and get some real and deep answers about his childhood, it could help immensely. He said hi to his mom when he was being taken away. Maybe it's a jab at her for not protecting him- maybe she knew about it and did nothing. I truly think the answers are somewhere in that family, just not the grandfather- not the real answers, at least. JMO
I felt that comment was kind of a jab at her too...It's clear KY has missed a lot of what a "normal" mother should provide for her child emotionally. Maybe it was kind of an implication, that he blames her for who he has become. Like, look mom, at what you've made me do now, aren't you proud. If he does have something like antisocial personality, he would never accept guilt on his own part but would see his victims as guilty and probably anyone else he feels has added to his own suffering and unhappiness. I can't help but feel that if things had gone differently for him when he was young that these horrible things that he's done could have been avoided in some way...Or if someone had recognized when he was young that not all was well (i.e. the drinking and drugs at a very early age, etc) he could have received the help that he needed to cope with his problems. Not blaming anyone, it just seems he wasn't given much of a chance from the start at a normal existence. And I think that KY uses that to his advantage in a manipulative attempt to get people to feel sorry for him.

I am worried! KY can't get away with this again! I am afraid the charge for burning her vehicle isn't enough to keep him in jail for too long. Why haven't they charged him with anything else yet? They have to have something else. Jessica needs to be found now! Media seems to have slowed on this case. I wish LE would make some sort of statement or press release just to reassure us all that finding Jessica is a top priority. This case has made me feel more helpless then most. Where are you Jessica?! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It makes me feel helpless too...I keep hoping that I will turn on the news and they will have found JR, or that LE will have discovered a big lead in the case...I hope that LE is keeping a tight lid on info because they want a solid case, not because there's just no good leads. I feel so sorry for JR and her poor family...They must really feel very helpless in this. I'm fairly local to the area where KY committed these crimes and it gives me chills to think that he could get out again. I fear that if he gets out, we could have a real serial killer on our hands and he could easily operate across a fairly widespread area. In Belton, you have very easy access to just about anywhere in the metro area that you want to go on I-435. Or you get on Bannister Road and head west and you're in the Overland Park area in a very short amount of time. From there you can easily follow the interstates northwards to Shawnee in about 30 minutes, Leavenworth in an hour, or south anywhere else you want to go. If he had his own transportation and really wanted to, KY could easily have disappeared in any direction he chose and into a city where no one really knows who he is and what he's capable of. It seems that he only hurts people he knows, but who knows how many cold cases or missing persons cases he's been involved in. I pray that LE is finding all the evidence and answers they need to lock him up for a very long time. Sorry for rambling :) I hope that I'm helping in some way, it's very frustrating not having information on this case and not knowing what's really going on. I feel like a lot of information is being misreported or confused...You read one thing in one article and another in the next and the media doesn't seem to have anything new to say.

See first comment under the video here where he says hi mom. Seems his mother gave info to the police about where to locate him that day which if true means she turned him in.

https://www.facebook.com/kshbtv/videos/10153834394271190/

I think that's just hearsay, because it says his parents turned him in. They're separated and appear to be estranged.

Does Kylr have siblings? Does anyone know?? I've read several comments of people saying they need to pick up his older brother...

Does Kylr have siblings? Does anyone know?? I've read several comments of people saying they need to pick up his older brother...

I haven't seen those comments but his brother is on his FB friends list >>DD

Also, is that him and Kylr on his cover album? If it is that's crazy.. They both look so normal and young...

About the burned car... Did they have cadaver dogs search it? If not, the family should push for this. The car would have to be kept until the trial is over if I'm not mistaken.

Kylr does have a brother. He also has a stepfather. They lived in Edwards.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

About the burned car... Did they have cadaver dogs search it? If not, the family should push for this. The car would have to be kept until the trial is over if I'm not mistaken.

What was left of the car was impounded so I'm pretty sure they would know by now if her body was burned up in the car. IMO he transported the body in the car and then burned it to destroy evidence. I hope there was something left that didn't get burned. There was another case I read about where the car was burned when a woman went missing but her daily planner was found almost completely intact. LE could have something like that that points to KY being in the car/would have given him motive to burn the car. I hope whatever they have is really strong evidence.

I think exploration of the areas Kylr grew up in are in order. There is a lot of unpopulated land around and I have a feeling both of the girls are back there.

Why has the media slow down their coverage, have not seen much posted since 9/22 .... MSM needs to keep putting out Jessica's story the more in your face the more tips that may be received.

I felt that comment was kind of a jab at her too...It's clear KY has missed a lot of what a "normal" mother should provide for her child emotionally. Maybe it was kind of an implication, that he blames her for who he has become. Like, look mom, at what you've made me do now, aren't you proud. If he does have something like antisocial personality, he would never accept guilt on his own part but would see his victims as guilty and probably anyone else he feels has added to his own suffering and unhappiness. I can't help but feel that if things had gone differently for him when he was young that these horrible things that he's done could have been avoided in some way...Or if someone had recognized when he was young that not all was well (i.e. the drinking and drugs at a very early age, etc) he could have received the help that he needed to cope with his problems. Not blaming anyone, it just seems he wasn't given much of a chance from the start at a normal existence. And I think that KY uses that to his advantage in a manipulative attempt to get people to feel sorry for him.

Took it as a jab as well :yes:

I'm new to the website and this thread compelled me to join. I live locally to this case and have been following it very closely as well at Kara's case. The fact that KY is involved is enough to make it frightening on its own, let alone knowing the details of the burning car and such. I guess my biggest questions besides, WHERE IS JESSICA?!, are 1. What evidence do they have to charge him with knowingly burning? 2. How did he get to Edwards? Surely, someone additional was involved in that. 3. Was Jaxon (JR's boyfriend) at the party or not? I apologize if any of these questions have been answered in the previous thread. I work at a law firm so the fact that they have sealed the knowingly burning case tells me that they don't want anyone in the public or media knowing what evidence they have or the details and that they want to protect their investigation. IMO, I don't feel necessarily hopeful that either girl will be found. If he got rid of Kara and nobody has been able to find her for almost 10 years then I'm willing to bet that JR met the same fate and is wherever Kara is. The good news is that they don't need a body to charge someone with murder so I'm hoping whatever they have on the knowingly burning case leads to more evidence that's good enough to support a murder charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz