MO MO - 'Johnny Lee Mills' aka 'Steven L Johnson' & 'Randi Smith', 13, Maryland Heights, 21 Sep 1990

Dale M. Mills
Funeral service will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at Ocker Memorial Chapel in Van Buren for Dale M. Mills, 39, of Cedarville, whose body was found Sunday, Jan. 19, 2003. Burial will be at Macedonia Cemetery near Uniontown under the direction of Ocker Funeral Home.
Mills was a graduate of Cedarville High School with the Class of 1981, of the Pentecostal faith and a service technician for Sears.
Survivors include one daughter, Sailon Shay Vernessa Mills of Cedarville; three sons, Darren and Kendale Mills, both of Fort Smith, and J.M. �John Morton� Mills of Cedarville; his mother, Enda Brown Mills of Van Buren; stepfather, Truman Brown of Van Buren; five sisters, Shelba Brooks, Judy Isenhower, Jan Rofkahr, Yvonne Prescott and Della Goins, all of Van Buren; four brothers, John and Jeryl Mills of Uniontown, Danile Mills of Cedarville and David Mills of Bonanza; one half brother, Johnny Lee Mills of Sacramento, Calif.; and many nieces and nephews.
Pallbearers will be Kevin Mills, Roger Wheless, Doug Morton, Zack Morton, Randy Tankersley and Roscoe Hill.
The family will visit with friends at the home of Yvonne Prescott, 2300 Lexington Drive, Van Buren, and at 11 a.m. Thursday following the funeral at Butterfield Assembly of God Church, 1302 N. 30th St., Van Buren.

I lived here all my life am 43 and do not remember this. This kid could have left and went back to whatever state he was from be it Arkansas or California. I wonder. This could put this kid at right age. If he was about 13 in 1990 and it been 21 years, his half brother died at 39. Maryland Heights police dept. stated on a web page they either lost the body or destroyed the one that looked like Johnny lee Mills.

This is the closest I could come to finding a youth around that time frame. I cannot find anything on this. I am from the area and Maryland Heights was not a bad area at the time. Doesn't mean no young men selling themselves, but it was still a good area. I am gonna write an e-mail to Maryland Heights and just ask for more information. Who has other two bodies, where were they found, etc.

Attachments

• maryland heights, mo.pdf
    66.1 KB · Views: 71
Curious where you found this information on these two other names, when I google them, they come up to Jeffery Dahmer. Am I doing this correctly? I don't think they were talking about 25th street in East Saint Louis, I think it was in Wisconsin. I am confused.

n May 1990, he moved out of his grandmother's house for the last time and into the apartment that later became infamous: Apartment 213, 924 North 25th Street, Milwaukee. Dahmer picked up the pace of his killing: four more murders before the end of 1990, two more in February and April 1991, and another in May 1991.[29]

Sells, 41, lived in St. Louis in the 1990s. He is on death row in Texas for the fatal stabbing of a 13-year-old girl in 1999. He has confessed to numerous other murders, including the slaying in 1987 of a family of four in Ina, Ill., about 75 miles southeast of Lawrenceville. A grand jury in Springfield, Mo., indicted him two years ago in the slaying in 1997 of 13-year-old Stephanie Mahaney - a stabbing that took place two days after Joel was fatally stabbed in Illinois.

Got this from a website regarding Tommy Sells. I wonder if this is true about him living here in 1990. This one is really bothering me about this boy. Hope I get some response or that maybe I am looking in wrong direction. I don't know how to postwebsite, but if anyone asks I can direct you.

http://www.marshallnews.com/story/sendlink/1526434.htmlPrint Email link Respond to editor
Share: [Facebook] [Twitter] [del.icio.us] [Digg] [StumbleUpon] [Technorati] [Newsvine] [Google]
Johnny Lee Mills
Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Marshall Democrat-News
Johnny Lee "Paco" Mills, 37, died Sunday, March 29, 2009, at St. John's Regional Health Center in Springfield.

Funeral services will be held at 1 p.m. Saturday, April 4, at Montgomery-Viets Funeral Chapel in Buffalo.

He was born Dec. 9, 1971, in Marshall, the son of Clyde Mills Jr. and Kathryn (Nicholson) Mills. On June 19, 2004, he was united in marriage with Katey Hayes. He was employed as a construction worker.

He is survived by his father of Marshall Junction and his wife, Katey; one son, Anthony Lee Hayes; four sisters, Lana Mills of Stockton, Penny Lueck of Buffalo, Jill Jenkins of Buffalo and Debbie Crawford of Kansas City; and several nieces and nephews.

He was preceded in death by his mother.
© Copyright 2009 Marshall Democrat-News. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Found this in a southern Missouri paper.

Sorry for all the mess, I was trying to go back and post links to all the information I posted I don't want to do this wrong, so anything you read there is a link on separate post where I got it from, I will figure this out. This kid was about my nieces age when I was working In Maryland Heights at the time. If I am not mistaken the youth center he was put in was right down the street on Saint Charles Rock Road, I Think it is either torn down or no longer being used. I am scared to e-mail police department and don't know what to say, as I have never done this before. Could use some advise before I do something stupid. If I have put anything on here and should not have please correct me as I do not want to get in trouble. I did read all the terms & Cond.

So he was transferred from Saint Louis City to Maryland Heights.

1. where was he and what was he doing when picked up?
2. was he with anyone?
3. did he tell police about his other known aliases?
4. would records be held or destroyed because of his age at time.
5. were pictures taken by police or at youth center.
6. was he finger printed at police station?
7. was there any kind of dictated interview that would give some clues?

Just trying to think of things to e-mail maryland heights police or Saint louis City precinct.

I feel like an idiot keep posting, but I have to put this out there. Does this kid have a Facebook? Maybe someone in this state could say" hey I was in youth center with this kid " and maybe he told another kid something he would not tell an adult. Maybe being an adult now someone might remember him and something about him. I have about 13 nieces and nephews that were his age in 1990 and we live in city, who knows maybe someone will recognize him.

Thank you tierneysain, I share your interest in this case. I would think local authorities could solve this with some effort. Perhaps the cold case squad could show some interest in this.

So he was transferred from Saint Louis City to Maryland Heights.

1. where was he and what was he doing when picked up?
2. was he with anyone?
3. did he tell police about his other known aliases?
4. would records be held or destroyed because of his age at time.
5. were pictures taken by police or at youth center.
6. was he finger printed at police station?
7. was there any kind of dictated interview that would give some clues?

Just trying to think of things to e-mail maryland heights police or Saint louis City precinct.

As someone that works for slmpd I can tell you that juvenile records are closed and I wouldn't even have access to them. As far as looking into police reports involving him, the issue is that it is so old and before they were entered into computer that it would be hard to search. I don't know of anyway to find police reports on name (with several aliases at that) on microfilm without date, street or cause number. Not sure why he was transfered from Saint Louis City to Maryland Heights, as its not a normal procedure unless there was a NCIC hit and not sure if NCIC was around at that time. I'm only going by what I know and I know things can change and can't hundred percent say what the procedure was then but I do know that juvenile records even then were closed unless they were tried as an adult for some crime.

As someone that works for slmpd I can tell you that juvenile records are closed and I wouldn't even have access to them. As far as looking into police reports involving him, the issue is that it is so old and before they were entered into computer that it would be hard to search. I don't know of anyway to find police reports on name (with several aliases at that) on microfilm without date, street or cause number. Not sure why he was transfered from Saint Louis City to Maryland Heights, as its not a normal procedure unless there was a NCIC hit and not sure if NCIC was around at that time. I'm only going by what I know and I know things can change and can't hundred percent say what the procedure was then but I do know that juvenile records even then were closed unless they were tried as an adult for some crime.

As far as the police report, I would assume he would have been taken into custody around the 2nd to 3rd week of Sep. 1990. At least I would start there and work backwards in time.

I wonder if it would be worth it to just make poster's. My girlfriend still owns a Tanning Salon in Maryland Heights and maybe just putting up posters could help. Knowing that Tommy Lynn Sells lived in Saint Louis in the 1990's from what I read, he killed anyone, male, female, children and usually did not get to know them first. Could someone direct me on how to make a facebook page because I believe this kid was probably from Missouri, he just has a look of a street smart kid and especially the running away makes me think he had somewhere to go or someone he knew in the area. I am curious about the male prostitutes in Maryland Heights I wanna know where this redlight area was. Not that I don't believe there was one, I just am curious as to the area and where this kid was picked up.

Maybe Larry Eyler was in Saint Louis in the time frame also, not sure of his timelines. I am gonna just send an email to someone at Maryland Heights Police department and ask if they can just give us information that can be released that is not on any of these websites regarding Johnny Lee Mills.

Maybe Larry Eyler was in Saint Louis in the time frame also, not sure of his timelines. I am gonna just send an email to someone at Maryland Heights Police department and ask if they can just give us information that can be released that is not on any of these websites regarding Johnny Lee Mills.

Thanks, keep us posted. Also, what about local newstories at the time. I'm wondering if there is anything in the local paper archives.

Wow! This case just catches your attention. I feel so badly that he was never identified!

I think this will require a trip to city library, I have no luck online with archived things. But if I find anything I will post it.

4 Killings
Deaths May Be Linked
SOURCE: By Bill Bryan
and Ann Scales Cobbs
Of the Post-Dispatch Staff
PUBLICATION: St. Louis Post-Dispatch
DATE: October 11, 1990
SECTION:
EDITION: 5*
PAGE: 1A
WORD COUNT: 700
ID#: 5900065656 Major Case Squad detectives investigating the killing of an unidentified woman whose body was found Oct. 4 in Maryland Heights have discovered similarities to the killings or mysterious deaths of three other women since March.
''We are not ready to say whether we have a serial killer on our hands,'' Des Peres Lt. Paul Banta said Wednesday. Banta is heading the Major Case investigation in Maryland Heights. Investigators believe there could
Download the full text of this story
Back to top | Back to the search page

This is all I could find in Post Dispatch Archives from this time period. But they are saying women not young male prostitutes, which I could not find.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back