MO MO - 'Johnny Lee Mills' aka 'Steven L Johnson' & 'Randi Smith', 13, Maryland Heights, 21 Sep 1990

Can Someone direct me on how to make a facebook page for him, using all his AKA's. I am not sure how or even if I can do this. Is it just like making one for myself? If anyone wants to just send me an email that would be fine. I am thinking that since Maryland Heights was pretty much destroyed in Areas this year by a Tornado, a lot of people will by trying to relocate friends since they have had to move. Maybe someone will see it and recognize him from back in the day.

Thanks, keep us posted. Also, what about local newstories at the time. I'm wondering if there is anything in the local paper archives.

I can't find anything, I know we had the I-70 killer come through, but not sure of the dates. I need to educate myself on using the computer for research sorry still looking.

Maybe Larry Eyler was in Saint Louis in the time frame also, not sure of his timelines. I am gonna just send an email to someone at Maryland Heights Police department and ask if they can just give us information that can be released that is not on any of these websites regarding Johnny Lee Mills.

tierneysain, have you contacted the police department? I wonder if they have a cold case unit that could spend a little time on this.

I am going to do so this week, I really am stalled on how to approach and who to send an email to, maybe I should just jump right in. I will let you know if I get a response back or post it if I can.

Above: Johnny Mills in 1990 (left) and an age-progressed image to 27, circa 2003 (right)

Johnny Lee Mills

Last seen in Maryland Heights, Missouri on September 21, 1990

Vital statistics: White male. Born on October 17, 1976. Brown hair, brown eyes. He has a four inch scar on his breastbone and a one inch scar on the left side of his chest. He has gaps between his teeth. He may use the names "Steve Johnson" or "Randy Smith." Was thirteen at the time.

Circumstances: He was taken into police custody after they suspected him of being a runaway. He was initally placed in Youth Emergency Services in St. Louis, Missouri. He was tranferred to a children's shelter on September 21, 1990 in Maryland Heights, Missouri. He ran away from the shelter before his identity was confirmed. All the information he did provide proved false. His true identity is unknown. There was in the area at the time, a serial killer who focused on young male prostitutes and he may have been one. There were also several unidentified victims of this serial killer, and two of them fit the descriptors for Mills. There are no means to test because no relative has ever been located and there was not enough information for an exclusionary identification. Classified as an Endangered Runaway.

Reason for inclusion: Mills' case was closed in 2003.

I sent an email and have received nothing. so i am gonna call and then try to build facebook for him.

I sent an email and have received nothing. so i am gonna call and then try to build facebook for him.

Thank you tierneysain. My hope is this would get more exposure and someone will come forward and say "Oh that was me, I was a troubled 13 year old..." so that haunting mystery can be removed from the missing/unidentified websites. Somebody out there must know who this kid is.

I agree, I will just be patient. Somebody will know him, I just wanna believe that.

I sent an email to Maryland Heights PD to hopefully generate some action. I'll post if I get a response.

Well, I have gotten a response at least. The secretary at first wasn't aware of the case nor were her supervisors/officer. She asked me to send them more information so I sent this thread along with the Doe Network page. She then asked for my phone number so the Srgt. could get a hold of me, which I gave her. I'll keep this updated.

OK, haven't gotten any phone call yet. I sorta suspected i wouldn't. My goal was to somehow urge the pd to have a cold case investigation, but the secretary didn't even really acknowledge my return links about the case. It took 3 emails by me before she responded by asking for my phone number. I guess I'm sorta alone in my interest in this case, but from the information on the web about it just leaves so many questions unanswered, and it bothers me. I mean obviously, some adult was responsible for this young man, and there must have been kids who knew him and noticed he was missing right? Also, it just seems like this should be solvable and it hasn't been, it just sits there on the missing people websites year after year. I would bet we'd get some results if a major newspaper or tv program profiled the case, but I guess they'd deem it not important enough or something.

Well I just got a visit from my local P.D. wondering why I contacted the Maryland Heights police department. Apparently they can't take my emails at face value, but that's perfectly ok as long as it jumpstarts an investigation into this case.

Wow, this is something. I am in the area and this is news to me. I hope the police do reopen this case.

I wonder if one of the local papers would consider this case worthy of a story/investigation? Or a Facebook page perhaps?

When I was reading this thread today someone had mentioned a couple years ago that they where going to set up a facebook page but I could not find it.

Could this be him? You have to scroll through a few pictures to find his, but the age isn't off too much and neither is the name.

http://www.sacbee.com/2011/03/31/3518978/death-row-inmates.html#storylink=cpy

Jeffery Jon Mills, 39
Sacramento County
Date of offense: Feb. 11, 1994
Date of death sentence: March 10, 1997

Mills was convicted of abducting and killing Sherri Farrar, a 21-year-old mother who was walking on El Dorado Hills Boulevard near Highway 50 after arguing with her boyfriend and getting out of his car. Mills was driving by and abducted and raped Farrar, then slit her throat and dumped her body east of Rancho Cordova.

gayeld, I hope that isn't him.

Looking at the two "real" photographs, I can't decide if his expression is sullen or sexy, but from the pix, he seems to have been a very good-looking boy. He looks older than 13 to me.

Hope y'all have stirred up some interest in this old, unsolved missing case.

Sometimes I am completely overwhelmed by the number of people who are missing, dead/murdered and unidentified, dead, murdered and identified, and just outright murdered.

I can see a resemblance actually...I hope it isn't him though.

I have always been wondering if "Johnny" wasn't a girl pretending to be a boy. Looking at the pictures, I think it could also be the face of a teenage girl.

gayeld, I hope that isn't him.

Looking at the two "real" photographs, I can't decide if his expression is sullen or sexy, but from the pix, he seems to have been a very good-looking boy. He looks older than 13 to me.

Hope y'all have stirred up some interest in this old, unsolved missing case.

Sometimes I am completely overwhelmed by the number of people who are missing, dead/murdered and unidentified, dead, murdered and identified, and just outright murdered.

I hope it's not him, too, but I'd rather that be him then one of the unidentified bodies. I think.

Someone had come up with a Johnny Lee Mills in Sacramento and when I googled that combo, I came up with this guy. There's just enough resemblance to make me go "hmmm."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back