MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or maybe baby Lisa drank the stuff thinking it was juice or candy and it was too late when mom noticed? Mom may have forgotten to put the cap back on or one of the other children may have figured out how to do the twist top. Some of these cold/cough medicines are yummy tasting for kids. They come in all flavours. Cherry, bubble gum.

My daughter says the so called yummy ones are gross! lol I'm always like but LOOK! It's BUBBLE GUM! It MUST be good! lol She just gives me a nasty glare when I tell her that! She is older than 10 months though but she tries to avoid medicine...any flavor...like the plague!

I don't think it was for no reason. IMO, dad came home to some things that made him go huh? He wasn't in an alarmed state yet but was maybe concerned that something went on while he was gone that he needed to know about. If that's rude then me and my late husband were rude. We woke each other up if there was anything important that needed to be asked.

Well, if "hey, honey... why are the lights on" is important... then I guess it is not rude.

Until recently, I assumed that everyone who had a cell phone slept with it within reach unless there was a land line within reach lol. :blushing:

Nope, not me -- it's sitting in the office charging while I am re-charging . . . assumptions get people in tight spots; and there has been so much "assuming" in recent threads. It's difficult to follow these cases when LE doesn't release info & so much carp gets thrown about based on rumors & speculation.

Without adding IMHO (in my humble opinion) or caveat-ing your posts as YOUR opinion if there is no link to support it, confusion is imminent.

Where's the car seat? (does anyone remember that?) Not this case, from a few years back . . . sorry!

I admit I never know where my phone is, but I don't have any kids...I do find it each night though, since my husband works graveyard.

I think in the "old days" phone lines were cut so you could not call police while criminals were in the house...which is not the same to me as grabbing cell phones on the way out...especially if you have no idea where other phones might be, or if a landline exists, etc...not the same thing.

We don't know at what point the phones were taken...

Do you think the mother may have overestimated the weight of her child and gave Lisa much too large doses of cough medication? I'm not even sure that baby cough medication is sold in Canada and if it was, it isn't anymore.

You know, children's meds have always alarmed me. You can grab "Robitussin" but that could mean it's simply guaifenesin, or DM or it could be the type with pseudephedrine. I know there was one of the latter, Rob PE for children, that had a very concentrated dose of the decongestant. So with plain Rob you give 1 teaspoon. Give a teaspoon of PE and you could be giving an adult dose of the decongestant.

My 12 year old is hyper-sensitive to meds and can achieve great effect at doses for a 6 year old. And don't get me started that some meds say 'not safe for children under six' but once they're seven, they're to take the same amount as the 12 year old? Caregivers really have to pay a lot of attention to ingredients and dosages, also remembering that 2.5mg of one decongestant is not the same as the 2.5mgs of another.

I could certainly see how an unintentional mix-up could happen.

I keep going back to the reports by a neighbor of seeing a man carrying a baby in a diaper in the middle of the night.

IF that had been a neighborhood father out for a midnight stroll [ weird] then wouldn't he have come forward by now?

My question is why didn't they call the cops? Its better to be safe than sorry! Does anyone have the link to this story? TIA

I just find it extremely unusual for someone to be walking down the street with a baby in just a diaper at that hour in October. Sorry, but it gets cold here in the midwest in October so I find it unusual to say the least.

I keep going back to the reports by a neighbor of seeing a man carrying a baby in a diaper in the middle of the night.

IF that had been a neighborhood father out for a midnight stroll [ weird] then wouldn't he have come forward by now?

Maybe he did? LE had commented some days ago that this did not pan out, no link just now...

Something else I learned today; if you position a kitchen stool near the treadmill and the exercise bike you can get in a couple miles on each AND hit the refresh button.

Just a WS tip. :juggle: :skip:

Also, if your treadmill is downstairs and your 'puter is straight upstairs you get stair climbing in between tread milling.

We work with a number of professional SAR TEAMS. I will have an expert come to talk.

Lavanda Dolce, I have not read any of this thread (yet) but will look at it as soon as I can, but I believe the query relates to how long it takes for a cadaver dog to be able to indicate on a deceased human body.

I am relying on my memory here from a study that was done in Germany (2008) but simply put, it involved two men who died within 10 minutes of each other despite efforts made to try and save them.

New small square pieces of carpet were placed underneath each body (which were then wrapped with a cotton blanket). Three dogs were used to see if they could detect 'cadaver' on the carpet squares that were allowed to stay against each body for 2 minutes and 10 minutes. The accuracy of the dogs for detecting cadaver at 2 minutes was 94% accuracy and 98% accuracy for 10 minutes.

Of course there's even more info. but I have this committed to memory for when a question like this comes up. I can, however, provide the info. for this study, as well as a couple of personal incidents which I have personally noticed.

Hope this helps - thanks for contacting me ... This will help to get me to take the time to come back and get involved with Websleuth's again. I've missed it!

My question is why didn't they call the cops? Its better to be safe than sorry! Does anyone have the link to this story? TIA

I can't say for sure, but I personally believe that this was something said that was never substantiated since it hasn't been an ongoing story. And, I think if it really HAD been true, it would be huge news in this case!

Infant cough syrup with dextromethorphan was removed from all shelves by order of the FDA in US pharmacies several years ago. Many parents dangerously give their children adult cough syrup though.

It seems like the big problem is dextromethorphan is abused by teens,It gets them high and many have ODed from this drug.Five Moms.com a group of mothers that lost their teenagers from dextromethorphan has been on a campaign for a few years now and has accomplished quite a bit.Here is one of the interviews when you get a chance to watch

http://www.patmoorefoundation.com/spotlight-interview-christy-crandell-fivemomscom

Because maybe they went in through the window and out the front door, leaving it unlocked behind them.

Two things:
#1-I know first hand of an attempted break in (in my neighborhood) where tracking dogs were able to detect that the perp never went near the door and went directly to the window as a point of entry. Police believe the perp had 'cased' the house previously and planned to enter that way all along. Could be the same situation here.

#2-If there was a stranger abduction, and the perp too little Lisa out the front door....it could have been locked all along (ie. mom did NOT forget to lock it). I imagine during the 11 hours of interrogation, the police drilling into mom, THEN HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN NO FORCED ENTRY? HUH? HUH? At that point, I think anyone would doubt themselves and and say "I must have left it unlocked"....and feel horrible about it....But maybe the person LEAVING the house left it unlocked.

I just find it extremely unusual for someone to be walking down the street with a baby in just a diaper at that hour in October. Sorry, but it gets cold here in the midwest in October so I find it unusual to say the least.

I don't have a link handy, but the man with the baby started walking toward a house as if he was going inside, so the person that saw him figured all was ok and went home.

Maybe this has been asked.......
Do the parents have allot of financial problems?
Could this be staged?
Baby sold to someone?

You'd really be surprised by me then! I have 2 cell phones and I'm forever leaving them laying around, forgetting one or both in my truck, finding them in my purse Monday morning - both batteries dead as a door nail... I'm awful. :D

I have a cell phone and a land line. The land line is mainly used to call my cell phone so I can find it each day as I use it for my alarm.

I'm not from the U.S. and I have a question about your doors. You are talking about the door being unlocked. Do you mean the door was actually open or was it closed but not locked with a key? If it's the last one..can you open the door from the outside if it isn't locked with a key? In my country when you close the front door, you can't open it from outside. Locked with a key or not.

I'm really tired and maybe am missing something, but HTH do you get in from outside when you close the front door???!!!

Nope, not me -- it's sitting in the office charging while I am re-charging . . . assumptions get people in tight spots; and there has been so much "assuming" in recent threads. It's difficult to follow these cases when LE doesn't release info & so much carp gets thrown about based on rumors & speculation.

Without adding IMHO (in my humble opinion) or caveat-ing your posts as YOUR opinion if there is no link to support it, confusion is imminent.

Where's the car seat? (does anyone remember that?)

Honestly I haven't heard much about a car in this case let alone a car seat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member