MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm testing to see if the link show up, don't mind me lol :)

Looks good. You did well on Websleuths Radio. I called in on a early WS Radio show and got shot down by Richard Hornsby. LOL.

Just getting caught up with the thread. Some interesting points made.

The point made that a new kitten could be used to help the boys deal with the loss of the baby was interesting - do we know when they got that kitten?

Regarding who wears the pants in the family, I still feel it is DB. MOO.

My overall theory is the same:
1) Sunday baby Lisa had a cold at birthday party.
2) Back at the house, she is accidentally overdosed on Tylenol.
Respectfully shortened. I like reading your posts.

Acetaminophen overdoses do not cause immediate death. Tylenol overdoses cause acute liver failure and internal bleeding which take many unbelievably miserable days to finally kill someone if they can't get a liver transplant. An overdose of cough syrup with dextromethorphan can kill a child or adult within hours.
http://www.usatoday.com/educate/ondcp/lessons/Activity17.pdf

Pensfan
verified psychiatric mental health nurse

I think in the "old days" phone lines were cut so you could not call police while criminals were in the house...which is not the same to me as grabbing cell phones on the way out...especially if you have no idea where other phones might be, or if a landline exists, etc...not the same thing.

A kidnapper stopping to remove the three cell phones while holding a baby is definitely unusual. Assuming the intruder had almost gotten to the front door and out of the house undetected, why stop to remove them?

MOO

I am surprised by how many of us think mom is innocent.

I have been frightened to admit it....but I don't think she is.

OK....now where is the crow?
No crow? Ok, then....I'll take the turducken.
I don't believe she is innocent, I just don't know if she is guilty. Just not enough evidence yet. MOO.

Acetaminophen overdoses do not cause immediate death. Tylenol overdoses cause acute liver failure and internal bleeding which take many unbelievably miserable days to finally kill someone. An overdose of cough syrup with dextromethorphan can kill a child or adult within hours.

Pensfan

Do you think the mother may have overestimated the weight of her child and gave Lisa much too large doses of cough medication? I'm not even sure that baby cough medication is sold in Canada and if it was, it isn't anymore.

Kansas LE is involved??

Originally Posted by BeanE
EricKCTV5 Eric Chaloux
#LisaIrwin case update: On MyKSMO--What did PD do at family house?Why was KCPD in Kansas on this story? The answers live at 9pm.
3 minutes ago

The only reason I don't go there is I have to hold out hope. For me to go there I will get negative, accusatory and it will negate one of my main mantras...
"Do on to others as you would have them do on to you" I just cant judge. I'm not saying you are and I know you have "lived it". If she proves me wrong send me the recipe for turducken please!

That's a lot of it for me, too, Coldpizza. I have been unfairly judged; people have taken my words and actions and twisted them to fit their opinion of me. And I didn't like it one bit!

Now, I try to keep an open mind and think about things realistically; trying to be careful to be objective. I also try to consider the source on any information we do get.

I'm not saying I couldn't decide at some point that she or the dad did it. It's just that I honestly haven't seen anything that points to that. And I'd rather give them the benefit of the doubt until I see otherwise.

It would never to occur to me that a parent would sleep with door closed in a room without a phone...JMO...someone would have to know the family VERY well to know that ALL of their phones were there on the counter...

Until recently, I assumed that everyone who had a cell phone slept with it within reach unless there was a land line within reach lol. :blushing:

Did anyone else see this article today? It strikes me as very confusing and very cryptic. What does the forum think they are trying to say? (a few points are BBM)

Lisa Irwin Missing: Missouri Baby Unlikely Taken By Stranger
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/09/lisa-irwin-missing-statistics-stranger_n_1002196.html?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl5%7Csec1_lnk2%7C102860

On Saturday, the parents again met with detectives, Kansas City police spokesman Capt. Steve Young said. He called that a crucial development in the case in subsequent comments reported by The Kansas City Star

"It's the best thing for everybody in trying to find this child," Young was quoted as saying. "We couldn't be happier about it." The couple also consented to additional searches of the house, he added.

Young said investigators with metal detectors were back at the family's home Saturday, but no new substantial leads have come in.

ok, so a FEW questions here:

- they don't think she was taken by a stranger;
- yet they seem to be hopeful she's alive.
- so...do they think that she was taken by someone known to the family who would not be likely to kill the baby?
- and if they now think abduction is the case, why are they conducting additional searches at the house with metal detectors?

Hey everyone - jumping in here with a bit of pause. . . but I didn't like the way mom's eyes were darting back and forth during the interview with GMA. Watched it 4 times. Also didn't like the way she darted around the LDT question and started thanking LE instead. BTW I'm always willing to eat crow.

Acetaminophen overdoses do not cause immediate death. Tylenol overdoses cause acute liver failure and internal bleeding which take many unbelievably miserable days to finally kill someone if they can't get a liver transplant. An overdose of cough syrup with dextromethorphan can kill a child or adult within hours.

Pensfan

That's exactly why you can't walk into a store and buy cough syrup with dextromethorphan it if you are under 18.There is an ID check for this drug

Do you think the mother may have overestimated the weight of her child and gave Lisa much too large doses of cough medication? I'm not even sure that baby cough medication is sold in Canada and if it was, it isn't anymore.
Infant cough syrup with dextromethorphan was removed from all shelves by order of the FDA in US pharmacies several years ago. Many parents dangerously give their children adult cough syrup though.

EricKCTV5 Eric Chaloux
twitvid.com/XABM4 - Vigil for #LisaIrwin---outside family's house.
6 minutes ago

EricKCTV5 Eric Chaloux
More than 250 tips in #LisaIrwin case.We were there today in Kansas when PD investigated one of them. More at 9 on KSMO and 1030 on KCTV5.
4 minutes ago

EricKCTV5 Eric Chaloux
I did not see #LisaIrwin parents at vigil. Don't know if they were called by neighbors organizing event. Family hasn't been at house all day
2 minutes ago

Maybe at the pleading of a husband that needed to get some sleep before his first ever night shift. If that was the case, it would seem like a horrible accident. Chances are it may have gone unnoticed for hours if mom was out running errands while Dad and baby slept. Or, what if both parents unknowingly dosed the baby in order for her to get better and get some sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeymourMann