MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Either way... passing around sick child is socially... well... rude..

By the way...she does't look sick in the photos.

It's not like they were giving plague blankets to the Indians. The kid had a cold, they always have something.

To be fair, has a kidnapper ever returned a child they snatched because the parents asked for it back on the news? I'm not sure that's a sign of guilt in itself....

What's their point of going on the air then? Should be to make people aware of the abduction requesting everyone to be on the look out and/or to get a chance to speak to the abductor. There should not be one mention at this point while Lisa is supposedly missing to use airtime for their own defense. Why would they care one iota to use this precious time to defend themselves of something they claim to know nothing about?

I think in the "old days" phone lines were cut so you could not call police while criminals were in the house...which is not the same to me as grabbing cell phones on the way out...especially if you have no idea where other phones might be, or if a landline exists, etc...not the same thing.

agreed to all. with the following caveats

Unless you are known to the family or familiar with their phone situation.

Also wanted to point out we don't know if the phones were taken on the way out or on the way in. We aren't even sure what the point of entry was (with the renewed examination at length by LE of the window yet again today, it would appear neither are they)

Sorry, I don't understand.

Why would anyone bother going through the computer room window when
the front door is unlocked??

I believe the scenario is supposed to be that the intruder entered through the front window and exited through the front door.

I hate to sound like the only "meanie" on the thread, but honestly I do not think anyone took that baby. I believe that one of the parents, perhaps both but I doubt it, know what happened. My gut tells me it was a really sad accident. You know how if you take a multiple choice quiz and you aren't quite sure and then you don't follow your first instinct and you are sorry later? My first instinct said the mom had a bad accident with the baby and was scared to death to have JI find out and came up with the kidnapping scenario.

I hope and pray I am wrong. Don't hate me, I am really not a meanie...I just don't believe mom.

addressing the points you raised one at a time.

Babies are sick with teething and colds and any number of sniffles at any point in time. From all reports I have read, I have seen no reports of fever, lethargy, or anything to indicate she was "reallly" sick (as in should be at home on bedrest, death's door sick). I have not seen any reports that the ailment was anything more than minor or that it was contagious.

I never stopped our lives each time any of my children were slightly ill with the sniffles or teething. I guess we parent differently.

I think any family gathering with a camera there would generate lots of photos of lots of the children with varied cousins, grandparents, etc. We are only being shown select photos from this party. Photos that feature baby Lisa.

I have seen nothing to indicate that they were the only photos taken. I assumed that the photos of others at the party were not published to protect the minor children and other relatives who are only involved in this case by the accident of familial relation.

point well taken... I was just the type of mother... if I thought my child was ill... i would limit contact with other people...

Sorry, I don't understand.

Why would anyone bother going through the computer room window when
the front door is unlocked??

I believe the scenario is supposed to be that the intruder entered through the front window and exited through the front door.

The story of my life!!!!

Actually a poster previously posted the best explanation I've heard for taking the phones

Paraphrasing... Perps used to cut phone lines. Nowdays they take your phones.

It's the same delay tactic it's always been just updated for the times.
Cellphones are notorious for breaking when they are thrown and when they fall into the sink, toilet or bathtub, too.

I know the neighborhood where Baby Lisa lives isn't highly dangerous, I am from the area....LOL.

And funny you say that-- Forbes listed KCMO the 3rd most dangerous city in 2010, right after STL. Just a little fact.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/francescalevy/2010/10/12/real-estate-lifestyle-danger-housing-cities/2/

Aw, fellow Missourian, Forbes' list changed dramatically for 2011. Some say it was the new methodology used, but I don't think either StL or KCMo is on the list. However, reading StLtoday does not ease my mind . . .

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johngiuffo/2011/10/03/americas-most-dangerous-cities/

Praying for little Pumpkin Pie . . .

agreed to all. with the following caveats

Unless you are known to the family or familiar with their phone situation.

Also wanted to point out we don't know if the phones were taken on the way out or on the way in. We aren't even sure what the point of entry was (with the renewed examination at length by LE of the window yet again today, it would appear neither are they)

It would never to occur to me that a parent would sleep with door closed in a room without a phone...JMO...someone would have to know the family VERY well to know that ALL of their phones were there on the counter...

How do you get in?:waitasec:

I'm sorry, my explanation about how our doors work wasn't really clear. When we close our front doors it locks automatically so no one from the outside can come in unless you have a key. We can 'double lock' the door with a key from the inside (or when we leave the house, from the outside) but I don't always do that because it's already locked when you shut it.

I am surprised by how many of us think mom is innocent.

I have been frightened to admit it....but I don't think she is.

OK....now where is the crow?
No crow? Ok, then....I'll take the turducken.

The only reason I don't go there is I have to hold out hope. For me to go there I will get negative, accusatory and it will negate one of my main mantras...
"Do on to others as you would have them do on to you" I just cant judge. I'm not saying you are and I know you have "lived it". If she proves me wrong send me the recipe for turducken please!

What's their point of going on the air then? Should be to make people aware of the abduction requesting everyone to be on the look out and/or to get a chance to speak to the abductor. There should not be one mention at this point while Lisa is supposedly missing to use airtime for their own defense. Why would they care one iota to use this precious time to defend themselves of something they claim to know nothing about?

I think there's been the times they've gone on tv to talk about Lisa and ask that she be returned, and then there's the interviews where someone is asking them questions about what happened.

The reason the reporter's are asking them these questions is because there are so many people like us that want to know the answers!

I'll share that turducken, if you don't mind. I don't know if mom did anything to Lisa, but I do think she has knowledge of what happened to her.

I would be so honored to share my turducken with you, BeanE! Now, let's send Woof Go Dot to Tennessee with a gun and some camo!

I promise..this will be my last post and I will continue reading about the lights--thing-LOL
How did the husband see a pushed in screen in the dark-did he notice it outside the house before he went in
or inside
This area is very well lit with street lights. It could have very well been the very first thing he saw that raised his hackles, then everything else on top of that. I am just glad he did go in and check everybody. I know of many men who might just get in bed and not check on anything and nobody be the wiser until morning.

EricKCTV5 Eric Chaloux
#LisaIrwin case update: On MyKSMO--What did PD do at family house?Why was KCPD in Kansas on this story? The answers live at 9pm.
3 minutes ago

wow - so Kansas LE involved now. Please note these are 2 States, 2 very different jurisdictions . . .

I would be so honored to share my turducken with you, BeanE! Now, let's send Woof Go Dot to Tennessee with a gun and some camo!

On my way. Look out below!!! Icarus is coming in for his landing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragin_Cajun83