MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not unusual to me at all, it's quite common here in the South to refer to the youngest child as the baby, especially one so young... even between the parents to each other or to other family members. I often hear people say "that child" or some such, and think nothing of it. I guess to some it sounds like distancing oneself when that child is missing, but I don't think of it in that way, since it is their usual way of speaking.

I am Southern....and I referred to each of my babies as "the baby" probably as much if not more than I used their names for the first 2 years of their lives.

That's exactly why you can't walk into a store and buy cough syrup with dextromethorphan it if you are under 18.There is an ID check for this drug

It's also used recreationally, an anesthesiologist told me about "dex" as he was putting me under for surgery, said he couldn't figure out why it was legal.

I've read most but not every single one of the posts in this thread. Somehow I missed the information about a dumpster fire? Was there such information?

Until recently, I assumed that everyone who had a cell phone slept with it within reach unless there was a land line within reach lol. :blushing:

Me too. It was all the way up until yesterday on one of the threads before this one when someone on here told me otherwise!

It's not like they were giving plague blankets to the Indians. The kid had a cold, they always have something.

hahahaha....plague blankets. Thanks for the comic relief.

The dumpster fire was around the corner from the Irwin house and happened about 2:27 or 2:28 on the morning that Lisa was abducted.

Until recently, I assumed that everyone who had a cell phone slept with it within reach unless there was a land line within reach lol. :blushing:

I would never imagine parents not having a phone in their room either. No children here, however the phone is on the nightstand by the bed, in the event of any emergency!

:)

Do you think the mother may have overestimated the weight of her child and gave Lisa much too large doses of cough medication? I'm not even sure that baby cough medication is sold in Canada and if it was, it isn't anymore.

Or maybe baby Lisa drank the stuff thinking it was juice or candy and it was too late when mom noticed? Mom may have forgotten to put the cap back on or one of the other children may have figured out how to do the twist top. Some of these cold/cough medicines are yummy tasting for kids. They come in all flavours. Cherry, bubble gum.

Aw, fellow Missourian, Forbes' list changed dramatically for 2011. Some say it was the new methodology used, but I don't think either StL or KCMo is on the list. However, reading StLtoday does not ease my mind . . .

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johngiuffo/2011/10/03/americas-most-dangerous-cities/

Praying for little Pumpkin Pie . . .

OT and apologies but wanted to say, my town was listed as #3 :eek: in the Forbes article and our Mayor is hopping mad about it. I think the numbers are skewed. We are a town of around 100,000 and crime has gone down significantly (at least violent crime). We are plagued with lots of petty theft, copper, aluminum, construction sites and vacant house break ins. But I feel pretty safe, and I am not in the best or worst neighborhood in town.

My thoughts are with all those attending the vigil tonight. Praying also for Pumpkin Pie's safe return.

In my family... to wake someone up for no reason is one of the rudest things you can do... just to ask them a question "you" need an answer too... extremely rude.

I don't think it was for no reason. IMO, dad came home to some things that made him go huh? He wasn't in an alarmed state yet but was maybe concerned that something went on while he was gone that he needed to know about. If that's rude then me and my late husband were rude. We woke each other up if there was anything important that needed to be asked.

Not to mention it would be very difficult to accidentally give a child a single-dose 'fatal' overdose - you just would have a hard time getting them to take it all without vomiting/ making a fuss over having to take that much medicine.

Me too. It was all the way up until yesterday on one of the threads before this one when someone on here told me otherwise!

You'd really be surprised by me then! I have 2 cell phones and I'm forever leaving them laying around, forgetting one or both in my truck, finding them in my purse Monday morning - both batteries dead as a door nail... I'm awful. :D

Something else I learned today; if you position a kitchen stool near the treadmill and the exercise bike you can get in a couple miles on each AND hit the refresh button.

Just a WS tip. :juggle: :skip:

OT and apologies but wanted to say, my town was listed as #3 :eek: in the Forbes article and our Mayor is hopping mad about it. I think the numbers are skewed. We are a town of around 100,000 and crime has gone down significantly (at least violent crime). We are plagued with lots of petty theft, copper, aluminum, construction sites and vacant house break ins. But I feel pretty safe, and I am not in the best or worst neighborhood in town.

My thoughts are with all those attending the vigil tonight. Praying also for Pumpkin Pie's safe return.

Let's just say that drugs are EVERYWHERE and are a hugely damaging element to our country! :(

Whatever the width of the Missouri River is at any given point, that's the distance between KC MO and KC KS.

I would imagine that LE in both Kansas Citys have a close working relationship. If not they should. Any locals please correct me.

Originally Posted by BeanE
EricKCTV5 Eric Chaloux
#LisaIrwin case update: On MyKSMO--What did PD do at family house?Why was KCPD in Kansas on this story? The answers live at 9pm.
3 minutes ago

LOL, I'm dense....I saw KCPD as a TV station!

Interesting...

Lisa had to have been taken away from the house on foot (carried) at least initially, why no scent? Are dogs not helpful when leading from the home of the missing? Too many scents to follow from daily activities? I guess I always count on dogs too much but there seems to be a lot that can't be determined. (I know there is always the right kind of dog, right kind of training debate...) Anyway, JMO.

I keep going back to the reports by a neighbor of seeing a man carrying a baby in a diaper in the middle of the night.

IF that had been a neighborhood father out for a midnight stroll [ weird] then wouldn't he have come forward by now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeymourMann