MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think something is going on, things are happening too quickly. Am I the only one??

Most of us don't live our lives prepared for the possibility that the government is going to come into our homes and look into every nook and cranny, not only physically in our closets and drawers, but also delve into everything we've ever stored on our computers, cell phones, and everywhere else.

IMO, a very significant percentage of people have things on their computers that they would not like others to see. Maybe they photograph kinky things in the bedroom. Maybe they have an unusual fetish that would raise eyebrows. Maybe they play an online game, like Second Life, and keep logs of their activities as they experiment with things they would never, ever try in real life. There are countless things people do that are not necessarily even illegal, but are very private.

These are the kinds of intimate things that are, suddenly, no longer intimate when something like this happens. I like to think that every parent of a missing child would throw their doors open and welcome LE to look wherever and whenever they need to... but what if you know you are innocent and that the police rifling through your collection of beast *advertiser censored* is going to do nothing to help find your child, and everything to make LE and the public waste time looking in the wrong direction?

What do you do then? I don't know. Maybe LE accuses you of not cooperating when you say, "No, you can't look at my computer disks".

I'm not saying this has happened. I'm just saying.
This is exactly what my DH and I talked about at dinner tonight. I used to share the sentiment that the parents of a missing child should be willing to throw open the shutters and let the light shine clear through their lives, exposing every blemish for the sake of saving a son or daughter. Recently, my views have changed somewhat after witnessing the unfortunate results that have occurred in cases where families exposed themselves. The scrutiny is merciless, and statistically the numbers don't support the notion that transparency assists in the safe recovery of the missing child. In some instances, just the opposite occurs because LE and the public become fixated on the misleading information. By the time the drama dies down and the parents are cleared, the real perpetrator has faded into oblivion, and a child's body lies rotting away in the ground.

Ok, my mind is still spinning. IF the parents wanted to stage a kidnapping, why would they put so much detail that makes it look so odd that people would question it? Why would you say window open, (front)door unlocked, lights on and 3 phones gone? Wouldn't the lights not being on be more convincing? Or, hey the spare key is gone from under the flower pot? You know how people say the truth is stranger than fiction or "you can't make this stuff up". Could it be that someone was so "clever" or evil that they knew the parents would look guilty and no one would believe it could happen this way?

I know, I know..... I don't want to believe yet another family could hurt their own child or cover up an accidental death. But seriously, this doesn't make sense.

And I hope they are not involved.

IMO, people that stage crime scenes and add too many details. They are panicked. They watch too much CSI. They want to divert attention from themselves and over compensate trying to move attention away from them, by overdoing the clues.

And they also have trouble keeping track of their lies, which is where they almost always are caught. And if you have more than one person in on this, then almost always one will rat out the other to save their own skin.

Why would a kidnapper take the cell phones? IMO, people just don't understand that even if they say they are gone, the police can access the records and find out who was called, when and where the pings are located. Maybe they thought that by telling LE that they were stolen that that would be the end of that. Not the case.

I sure hope Lisa is found safe and unharmed.

Breeann's parents were not angry with LE when they were told they failed the LD; they were confused and continued to speak out and work with LE as well. Even LE indicated that they had no reason to believe that the family was involved, as though they agreed the test had not been a good indicator.

I think the parents are doing themselves and their baby a great disservice by not being on the same page as LE. Hurt feelings, anger, egos, whatever, are nothing in the long run. If there are truly no clues here, LE will need unlimited access to the parents, to continue to try to prompt memories, etc. anything that might lead to a person who doesn't fit (or rather, who might fit.) If they are BOTH innocent, they need to work this out with LE, and continue to talk, talk, talk, as much and as often as LE wants them to, with their lawyer, if they have one, of course.

IDK... but, beast *advertiser censored*, fetishes, whatever...those things would PALE into insignificance if my child was taken in the night. I would simply not care what other people thought,as long as they were aware of what my child looked like... I would go on national tv and discuss my "private life " with Stone Phillips,Bill O'Reilly, or anyone else if I thought it would keep my child's story out there. Not co-operating with LE would never,ever be one of my options... MOO

I don't think it would be so much worrying about what others would think, as a sense of precious time being wasted and the possibility that LE would take what they find and use it as another reason to hone in on a parent who knows he or she is innocent while the child is still missing.

I think we are all aware that when the investigation starts veering in a certain direction, it often makes a full turn. Then later, if it's revealed that the turn was wrong, evidence is gone and clues have evaporated and the child is gone forever. I want to say that I would do everything and anything LE asked of me, but I think I can see myself protesting if I felt this begin to happen. It wouldn't be so much a lack of cooperation, in my mind, as a serious disagreement regarding the use of resources, and probably some defensiveness if they started to sound accusatory.

Oops, Bessie... didn't see what you said until after I posted... I could have just thanked and not said all of this!

Kinda like all the THUDs from Kyron's initial days???

Well if the aunt was told that LE took the phones and then today it came out that the phones were taken when Lisa was- that would be contradictory. Of course, the aunt could have been mistaken.

I keep going back to the one part I was concerned about in the interview today.

Just a reminder, remember Jessica Lunsford's grandmother failed the Lie Detector too bless her heart. Didn't mean a thing.

Yeah, I don't place a lot of stock in her supposedly failing a lie detector test. First, LE has been known to lie about that to gauge reactions and try to get more information. Also, she just doesn't know where her child is, if she's not involved, and that could cause anyone's readings to be wonky.

IDK... but, beast *advertiser censored*, fetishes, whatever...those things would PALE into insignificance if my child was taken in the night. I would simply not care what other people thought,as long as they were aware of what my child looked like... I would go on national tv and discuss my "private life " with Stone Phillips,Bill O'Reilly, or anyone else if I thought it would keep my child's story out there. Not co-operating with LE would never,ever be one of my options... MOO

I absolutely agree but... there would be an explanation and credit given to Websleuths research for any *advertiser censored*, fetishes, etc that had been found on my computer ! :blushing:

I would be like Kyron's mother.

I bet that LDT test was what the argument was about today that LE said was nothing.

This is exactly what my DH and I talked about at dinner tonight. I used to share the sentiment that the parents of a missing child should be willing to throw open the shutters and let the light shine clear through their lives, exposing every blemish for the sake of saving a son or daughter. Recently, my views have changed somewhat after witnessing the unfortunate results that have occurred in cases where families exposed themselves. The scrutiny is merciless, and statistically the numbers don't support the notion that transparency assists in the safe recovery of the missing child. In some instances, just the opposite occurs because LE and the public become fixated on the misleading information. By the time the drama dies down and the parents are cleared, the real perpetrator has faded into oblivion, and a child's body lies rotting away in the ground.
That's really well-said. Thanks for it.

Everything I have read or followed in the past involving police in KC has always seemed to be very well-handled and professional, JMO. I have never seen where they zeroed in on one theory and stuck to it, for example. Maybe locals have other opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther