MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one was implying anyone made things up. We were just trying to verify the information for purposes of our being accurate. :)

Oops, Bessie... didn't see what you said until after I posted... I could have just thanked and not said all of this!

No. The both of you are posting such remarkably good insights. Please don't stop.

(I said I was going to bed, but I ... can't sleep.)

Parents Dispute Police Claims Of Being Uncooperative

The parents of a missing 10-month-old Missouri girl are disputing police assertions that they've stopped cooperating with investigators.

In a statement read to reporters by Irwin's sister, the couple said, "We want the public to know we have never stopped cooperating with police."'

A call to police for reaction was not immediately returned.

Snipped: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/10/0...ouri-10-month-old-girl-no-longer-cooperating/

(Sorry if this has already been posted)

Everything I have read or followed in the past involving police in KC has always seemed to be very well-handled and professional, JMO. I have never seen where they zeroed in on one theory and stuck to it, for example. Maybe locals have other opinions?

That's also my opinion. I live in the area.

has anyone seen any pictures of baby Lisa smiling?

Great excuse to post pictures... (not that I ever need an excuse...) :seeya:

lisa11v.jpg

lisa2q.jpg

lisa16.jpg

lisa3o.jpg

lisa5.jpg

lisa6.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.126817574090853.18514.125929840846293&type=1

Why would a kidnapper take the cell phones? IMO, people just don't understand that even if they say they are gone, the police can access the records and find out who was called, when and where the pings are located. Maybe they thought that by telling LE that they were stolen that that would be the end of that. Not the case.

I sure hope Lisa is found safe and unharmed.

SBM. If someone stole Lisa, perhaps they wanted photos of her that might be on the phone so they could bolster their story that she belonged to them. Download the photos, then ditch the phone.

I'm still hoping Lisa was taken by a person wanting a child. Otherwise...

I just read about 25 pages of posts, so forgive me if I am restating anything...

But... I don't even want to think about how I would act if somethinkg EVER happened to my little princess... But, I do have a vague idea of how my DH (her Daddy) would react. He is amazing under preasure. He was deployed 3 times to Iraq and Bosnia & did a stint with the British SAS... I would HATE to think that anyone watching us/seeing him would think that he was guilty of ANYTHING just because he has the ability to maintain through the utterly horrific.

I still want to believe that Lisa's Daddy is either really stoic or he is still in such shock that he has "shut down" and just isn't processing it.

...and I can totally see the family flipping out, due to all the stress, and telling LE off. I think I would be so manic that I would be going back-and-forth between "Oh, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR LOOKING FOR MY BABY!!!!" and "OMG!!!! WHY HAVEN"T YOU FOUND HER YET?!?!?!" every single minute.

The parents might just feel like LE isn't listening to them because they (LE) aren't doing things as fast as (or in the order) the parents think they should. They may have just freaked out & 2 hours from now that could totally be back in & giving LE every stich of info they have.

...OR, LE wants to talk to the older kids & the parents wont allow it so they slammed the door on ALL communication...

I didn't think you were making it up. The darn video wouldn't load!

It was LIVE streaming, it had just ended. As you can see, it is mentioned at the very end.
Am glad I was able to find this (beta) link

Here is a VIDEO from live streaming (hours ago), which I heard when it was "live" .... at the very end of it, the reporter mentions the couple hiring a lawyer.
(sad that some people here implied that I was making this up) :(

http://www.fox4kc.com/videobeta/12764007-7d2d-443f-8d1c-cd907f7fac1b/News/Police-Family-of-Missing-Baby-No-Longer-Cooperating

From this link (the video plays after the UFO video) at about -00:30. Debbie's Parents.

"They have been cooperating as much as they can and they are suppose to, with their lawyer, come up with a statement for the press at a later time"

A few seconds later the reporter says "as you heard, they said the couple has now hired a lawyer"

This is exactly what my DH and I talked about at dinner tonight. I used to share the sentiment that the parents of a missing child should be willing to throw open the shutters and let the light shine clear through their lives, exposing every blemish for the sake of saving a son or daughter. Recently, my views have changed somewhat after witnessing the unfortunate results that have occurred in cases where families exposed themselves. The scrutiny is merciless, and statistically the numbers don't support the notion that transparency assists in the safe recovery of the missing child. In some instances, just the opposite occurs because LE and the public become fixated on the misleading information. By the time the drama dies down and the parents are cleared, the real perpetrator has faded into oblivion, and a child's body lies rotting away in the ground.

It's a double edged sword, darned if you do and darned if you don't. If you don't open up your life people wonder what you are hiding, if you do open up your life they talk about your activities and scrutinize every little thing. I don't know what I would do in that situation and hope I never have to find out.

IMO, the only positive outcome here is going to come from if a couple or a person took Lisa to pass off as their own child. Then, at least Lisa is most likely being cared for.

Any of the other circumstances (the parents were involved, kidnapped by someone for sinister reasons such as sex crimes, illegal adoption trade, etc.) won't have good outcomes. :(

LOL I'm not seeing where they hired a lawyer. But I am seeing where an unidentified female who answered the door says they now have a deal with a national news network and is no longer talking to the media.
It is first mentioned by the great grandfather talking to the reporter at the red door, then the reporter repeats it at the very end of that video link.

When I tried the link I got the weather man and his map, lol...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA