MO - Mansur Ball-Bey, 18, killed by LE, St Louis, 19 Aug 2015

Well I thought I read he only finished 8th grade had a little boy and another on the way.
I wonder which college he was about to start?
He must have had some out standing ACT scores.

I think he did graduate from high school. There are pictures of him with his cap and gown and diploma on the FB. I bet he was going to go to college. Too bad he was hanging with friends at a crack house though. that does not always end well.

I think he did graduate from high school. There are pictures of him with his cap and gown and diploma on the FB. I bet he was going to go to college. Too bad he was hanging with friends at a crack house though. that does not always end well.
Most of the high schools around here take pictures in the junior year with cap and gown and a fake diploma but the students still have to have all credits and points to take that walk and on to the next chapter in life.
I know a kid that kept moving up in grades but couldn't graduate, grades and classes just didn't cut it.
Now I'm not saying this was where this young fella was at.

This is a wonderful street/block in St Louis were all the action is. Robbings, carjackings, shootings, innocent people and children being shot- some killed, drug deals and protesters there are upset about police using tear gas. WOW, I think the crime would be the issue, not tear gas as protesters demand their criminals not to be shot while pointing weapons at police.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/08/1...-airmen-is-robbed-then-carjacked-in-st-louis/

This news article no one will hear much about.

I see on Facebook they're planning a candlelight/balloon release service of some sort for ManMan tonight.

I wonder if they'll spare a moment to recognize Jamyla.

I see on Facebook they're planning a candlelight/balloon release service of some sort for ManMan tonight.

I wonder if they'll spare a moment to recognize Jamyla.

So people were being called out on twitter for planning the balloon release for the teen and not for the 9 yr old. So they added a 7:30 pm balloon release for her in Ferguson tonight. But people are already assembling on the North side for ManMan's vigil aT 8:30---SO I WONDER

So people were being called out on twitter for planning the balloon release for the teen and not for the 9 yr old. So they added a 7:30 pm balloon release for her in Ferguson tonight. But people are already assembling on the North side for ManMan's vigil aT 8:30---SO I WONDER

We both know it ain't got jack to do with a vigil!

'The scene of Wednesday's shooting — known as the Fountain Park neighborhood — is a historically high-crime area that has seen an uptick in violence, with 127 confirmed homicides this year. There were 159 homicides in all of 2014 and 120 the year before that.'

If they want to protest, they should protest about how they are killing each other. It is not because LE is lying to them...it is a black and white fact.

JMO's

http://news.yahoo.com/protests-st-louis-police-shooting-suspect-18-070441165.html#

[h=1]Man killed by St. Louis police died from gunshot in the back[/h]An autopsy on Mansur Ball-Bey, whose death from police gunfire this week stirred protests, showed that he died from a single wound in the back, police officials said.

My guess, it's going to hit the fan especially with it being a weekend.

Well I had thought this shooting was completely justified but now they say they shot him in the back. That will be the first question the community has, how was he pointing a gun at them if he was shot in the back.

Easy. 1. Shoot at cop. 2. Turn and run like a scalded dog. It is perfectly justifiable, legal, and ethical to shoot a fleeing perp who has shot at police. If he had a firearm on him which had recently been fired it's justifiable. You don't get a free pass to shoot a cop just because you turn tail.

Interesting article:
http://www.stltoday.com/news/article_7b6d7427-b5b6-5625-b9f3-e5d7fbb33d17.html

Looks like some of the family claims are not really true. The family had stated that Mansur was just visiting his 'Aunty's house' on his way home from work. Making it sound like he was visiting his Aunt.

But from the article:

"Ball-Bey's cousin, Shonetda Ball, owns the house where the shooting occurred. She said she didn't know why he was there. She said only one tenant remains, and that when that person leaves, she plans to board up the house because she is tired of the police harassing the residents."

So Aunty does not even live there. Just 'one tenant' left that is routinely 'harassed' by the cops. The cops found illegal guns and drugs in the home. So the family was not truthful when they tried to claim that Mansur was just 'visiting his Auntie' that day.

Also, the optics of the medical report, don't look great. But it is still possibly a legal and justified police shooting, even if he was hit in the back. If he was running from cops with a vlaid search warrant, and flashed a gun at the cops as he ran by, and refused orders to stop, they can deem his a public safety threat. They don't know what he was going to do next and he posed deadly threat to others.

from article:
"The issue isn't where the round hits, it's what the perceived threat was at the time the officer fired."

He added, "If it was reasonable for these officers to believe he was a threat, then shots in the back mean nothing. If it's unreasonable, then he shouldn't have been shot, but we don't know without knowing all the information."

Klinger said the Supreme Court has ruled it constitutional for police to shoot someone in the back if they believe that person could be a threat.

"If he takes off running after pointing a gun at them, then that is someone a reasonable officer could believe will be a continuing threat," he said.

Interesting article:
http://www.stltoday.com/news/article_7b6d7427-b5b6-5625-b9f3-e5d7fbb33d17.html

Looks like some of the family claims are not really true. The family had stated that Mansur was just visiting his 'Aunty's house' on his way home from work. Making it sound like he was visiting his Aunt.

But from the article:

"Ball-Bey's cousin, Shonetda Ball, owns the house where the shooting occurred. She said she didn't know why he was there. She said only one tenant remains, and that when that person leaves, she plans to board up the house because she is tired of the police harassing the residents."

So Aunty does not even live there. Just 'one tenant' left that is routinely 'harassed' by the cops. The cops found illegal guns and drugs in the home. So the family was not truthful when they tried to claim that Mansur was just 'visiting his Auntie' that day.

I've learned to pretty much ignore anything & everything the family/friends say after an incident like this. He was a good boy, turning his life around, planning to attend college, would never hurt anyone..... yada yada yada. It's just white noise that has no meaning.

As far shooting in the back.... very plausible that he turned to point the gun at the cop while running, the cop shot, the shot hit him in the back. In visualizing how this went down, I don't picture the criminal coming to a complete standstill, turning all the way around so that he's completely facing the cop, pointing the gun, and then turning around to run away. I visualize a fluid, dynamic situation in which the criminal is running and turns partly around so that he can point the gun at the cop while running, and the cop shoots. It's a big nothing-burger, but it'll probably be worth at least a few more nights of rioting and looting.

Meanwhile, an attorney for the officers says there is a reasonable explanation for the site of the fatal wound.

“My client fired in defense of his partner,” said Brian Millikan, who is representing both officers who fired at Mansur Ball-Bey.

The officers were in separate positions in the backyard when one of them fired three shots and the other fired a single shot, which struck Ball-Bey in the back, killing him, Millikan said.

“Both policemen had multiple opportunities to engage this guy and they didn’t do that because he never pointed a weapon at them until he got to the rear yard,” Millikan said of his clients, with whom he sat Friday as they gave their statements to detectives at police headquarters. “But when (Ball-Bey) turns toward (one officer) with a gun that has an extended clip with a 30-round magazine, the policemen have no choice but to pull the trigger.

“(The officer) has 16 rounds and only fires one time. The narrative that’s out there now is that (Ball-Bey) was shot in the back because he was running away, and that’s just not true.”

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_7b6d7427-b5b6-5625-b9f3-e5d7fbb33d17.html

Apart from two officers involved in the shooting, Dotson said one civilian witness corroborated official statements that Ball-Bey had pointed a gun at officers. He called on more witnesses to come forward, including a 14-year-old who fled from the scene.

Jermaine Wooten, an attorney for Ball-Bey’s family, said witnesses and family members had told him Ball-Bey had been unarmed.

“I told them, ‘If you want me to represent you, don’t lie to me. Did he have a gun?’ And they all said, ‘No,’ ” Wooten said.

Really? What the heck are the cops supposed to do when they execute a search warrant on a home full of illegal weapons and drugs?

Well, for one thing, the police can start obeying the ruling of the supreme court decision in Tennessee v. Garner, and stop shooting black people in the back.

Well, for one thing, the police can start obeying the ruling of the supreme court decision in Tennessee v. Garner, and stop shooting black people in the back.

You might want to read Tennessee v. Garner.

This sounds like a completely justified shoot.

Police were doing their jobs. Police were trying to protect people like Jamyla Bolden from people like Mansur Ball-Bey. How many more Jamyla Boldens must be killed by violent criminals before people see that violent criminals are a huge problem that needs to be stopped?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back