Deceased/Not Found MO - Renee Pernice, 35, Kansas City, 2 Jan 2009 - *S. Pernice guilty*

I just recently got interested in this case. I've reviewed the news reports and videos. The truck (or maybe another vehicle) may be the clue to breaking this case. We need to spread the word that if there is anyone out there that lent a vehicle to Shon - or knows of someone who lent a vehicle to Shon - the information would be valuable to turn into the TIPS hotline (816-474-TIPS). There might be some money in it for them what with the huge reward that's being offered. I know Shon Pernice has not been named a suspect, but he sure has done suspicious things. IMO

:Welcome-12-june: JusticeRules!

I agree completely! I wish there was more news coverage on Renee. Even it if was just to keep here case fresh in people's minds. Maybe then someone would come forward. And to keep pressure on WHO is responsible for her death. I wish there was new information...

:Welcome-12-june: JusticeRules!

I agree completely! I wish there was more news coverage on Renee. Even it if was just to keep here case fresh in people's minds. Maybe then someone would come forward. And to keep pressure on WHO is responsible for her death. I wish there was new information...

Thank you for the welcome. I agree that it is frustrating to go so long without any news coverage. I hope LE is making sure they have all their ducks in a row before they make an arrest.

Updating news source link for anyone interested. Local news has been quiet lately.

http://www.kmbc.com/news/18648711/detail.html

I'm wondering if Shon was punished for sneaking into the Hazmat station. News articles said he was on vacation and then back to work. If I were a taxpayer in that area I would be asking about this. After all, he may have stolen taxpayer property while there. Most places of business fire people who sneak into their buildings with no reason to be there. What reason did he give them for being there? Don't they keep inventories on taxpayer property? IMO

I'm wondering if Shon was punished for sneaking into the Hazmat station. News articles said he was on vacation and then back to work. If I were a taxpayer in that area I would be asking about this. After all, he may have stolen taxpayer property while there. Most places of business fire people who sneak into their buildings with no reason to be there. What reason did he give them for being there? Don't they keep inventories on taxpayer property? IMO

Very interesting points! I don't know if there are any regulations about which firestations the firefighters can or cannot enter. Since his key card worked at the other station, it leads me to think he would be allowed to gain access at other firestations. Otherwise, I think the card probably would not have worked to let him in. However, if he took anything from the station I would definitely think that would be a violation, if not a crime. I just wonder what type of surveillance the firestation has inside and out. I would think that he would have been caught on tape at some point during the early morning visit.

I really believe that LE has a lot more information that we have not heard about. I just wonder why they are sitting on it. And why they are not appealling to the public for more help or information. I am so concerned that this case will just fade away and we will not hear anymore. I hope for the family's, especially the children's, sake there is a resolution soon.

Hi JusticeRules ! WIth all the heme +/ luminol + evidence removed from the house, and the confirmation that this is a homicide investigation, I don't understand why an arrest hasn't been made. Her parents & sister must be going thru hell.

Hi JusticeRules ! WIth all the heme +/ luminol + evidence removed from the house, and the confirmation that this is a homicide investigation, I don't understand why an arrest hasn't been made. Her parents & sister must be going thru hell.

Hi NRN! Maybe it is taking a long time to test everything they took from the home. The number of items was huge. I would think they have lots of different case evidence in the lab at any one time. There seems to be a rash of crimes so far this year. IMO

ITA! I'm beginning to think that with Shon being linked to Star Boomer's case, there is more involved here. Maybe even more people involved. Obviously, there were witnesses in Star's case that are afraid to talk. While I believe that Shon is responsible for Renee's death, I am just wondering if someone connected to Star's case didn't help Shon dispose of Renee's body. Maybe LE is trying to make that connection.

Having lived in KC all my life and remembering how Organized Crime ran this town until the 1980's, Star's case resembles the way that witnesses never came forward back then. We have MANY unsolved disappearance and murder cases from that time. I have heard that Shon bragged about being connected to the "Mob", but how true those claims are is unknown. I do know that where Renee's phone was found has always been an area where these families lived. I do sincerely hope that this element is not involved because that would mean there would be a good possibility that neither case would ever be solved.

It took many years, informants, and undercover officers to bring down the Civella family in the '80's. While I do not believe that the "Mob" operates as it did back then, there are certain "families" in the area that have been involved in suspicious activity. Rumor has it that the younger generation is more "wanna bes" rather than actually organized. But they are supposedly still ruthless and connected. Since Nick Civella was put in jail and has since died, there have been no reports of a "godfather" in town. Illegal activity associated with Organized Crime has not appeared to be happening since then, but like I said the families associated with the Civellas are still living here.

Or maybe I'm just paranoid....:couch:

If you would like to read more about the history of Organized Crime in Kansas City here is a good link:
http://www.americanmafia.com/Cities/Kansas_City.html

Anyway...whatever the circumstances I think we should continue to bring attention to these two women and their cases! Any suggestions on how to prompt the media to continue to cover them?

Just my opinion....

Thanx Glitterflits, VERY interesting info re KC Mafia. I remember visiting friends in Overland Park in the 80's, went into KC for something, & seeing areas of city boarded up & looking like they had been bombed - now I know why!

My tiny contribution to keeping Renee's case "out there" is typing it into search box on Fox News website from time to time, so the story is still getting some "hits". I also mention it to friends, especially nurses, living here in Nebraska as we are not far away.

Frustrating because I was so sure that LE knew more than they were revealing & that an arrest would be coming fairly quickly. A month & a half and NOTHING.

OT I've been spending Waaay too much time over on Haleigh Cummings thread -

Good idea NRN about searching the FOX news website with Renee's name. I've been thinking about calling the local news stations and asking when they would be giving any updates just to let them know there are people out here who care and want to see Renee found and justice served for her. I've emailed the NC show several times when new information has been given, but they haven't aired anything. I was hoping she would look into all the evidence that LE got from the house (sigh). I guess I'll just keep emailing...maybe eventually they will pick up her story again.

OT: Me, too. I've been watching the Haleigh threads, but they are going way too fast for me!

I'm pretty sure Shon's connections to the mafia are a figment of his imagination. His paternal grandparents lived on the same street as "Willie the Rat" Cammisano when Shon was a preteen and probably all of Shon's growing up years/young adulthood at the very least. Shon is known for his tall tales and I'm sure he was probably fascinated by stories about Willie the Rat and decided it would be cool to say he was affiliated with the mob. All in his head.

I can see on the video that he says he has a "graduate degree". What a liar! From what I have read he barely got out of high school. Renee was the one with a Master's degree. He just keeps piling it on! IMO

I saw the news clip on KMBC. I served with Shon while he was in the Navy. He is trash. Has anyone heard if the lab results are back? Also, I would not be surprised if Shon has been reading this website. He is sick like that. He needs to be arrested so bad.

I saw the news clip on KMBC. I served with Shon while he was in the Navy. He is trash. Has anyone heard if the lab results are back? Also, I would not be surprised if Shon has been reading this website. He is sick like that. He needs to be arrested so bad.

Can you say what years you served with him in the Navy? I thought he was in the Army?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pechi_eupa
Back