Deceased/Not Found MO - Renee Pernice, 35, Kansas City, 2 Jan 2009 - *S. Pernice guilty*

Hi Luzianne, you must be in the KC area -? I had read elsewhere that Shon liked to brag & exaggerate or make stuff up. Someone commented on the TV interview of Shon & Renee from last year where Shon talked about how the fireworks July 4 made him jumpy cuz it reminded him of the shelling in Iraq (something along those lines) and the person who was posting said there was no shelling like that where Shon was stationed & that he was making that part up. Another poster said Shon had been in a bar when the disappearance was first being televised and was making a big deal about "That's my house on TV!" and so on, like he was enjoying the attention. If he's guilty, I hope that loose lips sink his ship -

I served with Shon back in the early 90's. He left our unit after people found things missing. He stole a paycheck from a unit member. He also stole two military ID's. One, which I think could be mine, which he stole when we were deployed to Kuwait. They found two military ID's in his house.

Has anyone positively ID'd the missing white truck, make, model number? I printed several copies of the poor photo released and will head to the car dealers to try to get it identified. Since we had not heard any update on the car until yesterday's statement they're still looking for it, I figured the police had received the requested information. Apparently not.

I served with Shon back in the early 90's. He left our unit after people found things missing. He stole a paycheck from a unit member. He also stole two military ID's. One, which I think could be mine, which he stole when we were deployed to Kuwait. They found two military ID's in his house.

Thank you for the response. When they refer to the Army they must mean the Army Reserves. Did he get in trouble with the Navy for his stealing?

Has anyone positively ID'd the missing white truck, make, model number? I printed several copies of the poor photo released and will head to the car dealers to try to get it identified. Since we had not heard any update on the car until yesterday's statement they're still looking for it, I figured the police had received the requested information. Apparently not.

I have heard the truck might be a Nissan Frontier or a Chevy Avalanche. Let us know what you find out.

He was investigated by the KCMO police about the stolen paycheck. They had video of the place it was taken to get cashed, but could not get a 100% ID of him. He left the unit about 2 months after it happened. We let him know that we knew he was the one stealing, and he left. We could never have anything concrete to prove it was him to charge him. He stole from me and the fellow unit member. We were both he closest friends in the unit. That is the type of person he is, as you can tell. He came to my wedding with Greta, the mother of his oldest child. He is pure evil, and in time he will get his. He loves all of the attention. He always wanted to be the center of attention. He will make mistakes, and then he will get arrested.

Goose13 - What a story! They seem to be endless with this guy. Greta is the lucky one - she got away!

Just a thought I wonder if any searches have been done in the Independence area for Renee. Considering he made a 4:30 in the morning trip the the Independence Hazmat station. I wonder if surveillance video was able to capture what direction he went when leaving there.

Just a thought I wonder if any searches have been done in the Independence area for Renee. Considering he made a 4:30 in the morning trip the the Independence Hazmat station. I wonder if surveillance video was able to capture what direction he went when leaving there.

Welcome RN/PI-2B! That is a very astute question. I wonder if it has been determined what he was driving that early morning. Renee's cell phone had been found earlier, around midnight. ( Does anybody know what time the surveillance pic of the white truck was taken?) If it was known he was driving the family van to the hazmat station, it would narrow the window of time during which the white truck was obtained (assuming Shon was in the truck).

Another article about Shon posting on the dating website. This time in the Kansas City Star.
http://www.kansascity.com/115/story/1045944.html
On the website, he says that he is divorced with two boys. No mention of his daughter or his missing deceased wife. Oh, I guess the wife part would blow the whole divorced story. He should have just said looking for my next victim instead of "life" partner.

At least her case is back in the news, even if it is a result of her husband's disgusting behavior. He just keeps incriminating himself. It seems like there should be enough evidence to name him as a person of interest at least. I wish we knew the results of the evidence testing.

I also wish someone would come forward with information on the white truck. That seems to be a missing link in the investigation. According to KMBC 9 news, the truck was spotted on January 2nd in the early daylight hours. Here is the video link: http://www.kmbc.com/video/18557096/index.html
This would have been the morning before he visited the HazMat station. He visited the HazMat station around 4:30am on the morning of January 3rd.

It would definitely be nice to know which direction he was travelling when he left the HazMat station. I have not heard of any searches in the Independence area, but I think that it would be a great idea to do some there.

I also wish someone would come forward with information on the white truck. That seems to be a missing link in the investigation. According to KMBC 9 news, the truck was spotted on January 2nd in the early daylight hours. Here is the video link: http://www.kmbc.com/video/18557096/index.html
This would have been the morning before he visited the HazMat station. He visited the HazMat station around 4:30am on the morning of January 3rd.

It would definitely be nice to know which direction he was travelling when he left the HazMat station. I have not heard of any searches in the Independence area, but I think that it would be a great idea to do some there.

Jan 2nd in the early daylight hours would have been during the "quiet night alone" that Shon said he wanted to spend with Renee while the kids were spending the night next door. I definitely think he killed her while the kids were next door or he strangled her or something in the bedroom while the kids were there and THEN took the kids next door so he could dispose of the body.

Interesting that the cut up credit card in Shon's name was found in the trash can in the bedroom. I saw someone else comment somewhere, and I had the same thought when I read the police reports, that maybe Renee had cut up a credit card in Shon's name, and that started a fight where he ended up killing her.

Another article about Shon posting on the dating website. This time in the Kansas City Star.
On the website, he says that he is divorced with two boys. No mention of his daughter or his missing deceased wife. Oh, I guess the wife part would blow the whole divorced story. He should have just said looking for my next victim instead of "life" partner.

At least her case is back in the news, even if it is a result of her husband's disgusting behavior. He just keeps incriminating himself. It seems like there should be enough evidence to name him as a person of interest at least. I wish we knew the results of the evidence testing.

Thanx, Glitterflits, for correcting the dates !

I wonder how far LE has been able to connect the dots - obviously not all the way, but how far do they get before it's too much of a stretch to the next piece of evidence? What do they still need, short of finding the body?

Jan 2nd in the early daylight hours would have been during the "quiet night alone" that Shon said he wanted to spend with Renee while the kids were spending the night next door. I definitely think he killed her while the kids were next door or he strangled her or something in the bedroom while the kids were there and THEN took the kids next door so he could dispose of the body.

Interesting that the cut up credit card in Shon's name was found in the trash can in the bedroom. I saw someone else comment somewhere, and I had the same thought when I read the police reports, that maybe Renee had cut up a credit card in Shon's name, and that started a fight where he ended up killing her.

I pictured it like he took the kids next door because he was going to make a last ditch effort to get her to change her mind about the divorce. Something like having the credit card cut up could sure have triggered a rage. (I'm picturing death by bullet, just because he had a lot of guns & I would expect he would use that route). Or, was it premeditated, in that if she didn't change her mind, that was it? Or maybe the decision was already made & she was doomed no matter what. JMO

I pictured it like he took the kids next door because he was going to make a last ditch effort to get her to change her mind about the divorce. Something like having the credit card cut up could sure have triggered a rage. (I'm picturing death by bullet, just because he had a lot of guns & I would expect he would use that route). Or, was it premeditated, in that if she didn't change her mind, that was it? Or maybe the decision was already made & she was doomed no matter what. JMO

It makes the most sense to me that he took the boys next door because he planned to murder her that night and hide her body. He knew he was suppose to leave the next day around noon to go to Reserves training for over two weeks and wasn't suppose to come back to live at the house. It was his last best opportunity. He probably didn't go to Reserves training because he hadn't cleaned up after himself well enough. So he went to the Hazmat Station the next night leaving all three children home alone and checked out what chemicals he could use to clean the place up. IMO

I agree Surely now they can get something to have the children in Temp Care with the G/parents - surely his Intentions have been made loud and clear ?

I just read a bunch of stories about Shon Pernice on the blog http://mylifeofcrime.wordpress.com (Missing Renee Pernice thread). One says he stole a gun from a neighbor, one said he told the mother of this daughter that he hit a camel while on a tour and wanted $5,000 to pay for it, but that he really wanted gambling money, on and on. I don't know if they are true, but they sure are interesting. IMO

Here is everything we know up to now in chronological order. I thought it might help if we had it all in one place. If anyone can think of anything I have missed please add it.

1. Renee was in the process of divorcing Shon.
2. Shon was to leave for the Reserves Friday, January 2nd and be gone for about three weeks. Renee went missing January 1st or was that the 2nd? Seems Shon can’t really remember, but was the last one to see her.
3. Renee’s father spoke to her about 7:00pm on January 1st. She said she was looking forward to spending the weekend with her children.
4. Shon did not report her missing, her family did after Renee’s sister could not get a hold of her and Shon said he hadn’t seen her since January 1st. He later told police, when questioned, that he had not seen her since January 2nd.
5. The boys spent the night of January 1st at a neighbor/friend’s house. Does anyone know what time Shon took them to the neighbor’s house?
6. Renee’s car was left at the house along with her purse, nursing ID, coat, and personal items.
7. On January 2nd, in the early daylight hours, a surveilance camera on a church in the vicinity of Gladstone Boulevard from St. John to Seventh or Eighth Street shows the white truck that police think is important to the investigation.
8. On January 2nd, about 12:00pm, Shon picked up his daughter from her mother’s house and took her back to his residence
9. On January 2nd, Shon’s own daughter did not feel comfortable staying with him at the house without Renee and emailed her mother about 9:30pm to ask her to come pick her up.
10. Shon entered a HazMat fire station around 4:30am on January 3rd that he was not assigned to through the backdoor.
11. Shon’s daughter’s mother picked her up the morning of January 3rd, shortening her visit with Shon, She noticed that Renee’s car was parked out front. She said this was unusual as it was usually parked in the garage.
12. Someone found Renee’s cell phone and called numbers on it, reaching her sister on January 3rd. The caller told Renee’s sister that he found the cell phone in the grass around Independence Ave. and Gladstone Blvd. The police picked up the phone from the caller where said he was calling from at 6th Street and Gladstone.
13. On January 5th, Police find documents, at Renee’s work, from several law forms detailing the divorce. They also find a picture of Shon and one of the children with an unknown woman.
14. Shon drove to a nearby park and released Renee’s dog and drove off on January 6th.
15. Evidence reports show 36 items of luminol/hem (blood) positive evidence were taken from the house along with a latex glove found in a coat pocket with stains and hair on it.
16. A fake Navy Seal ID with Shon’s name on it was taken from the house along with two other military IDs not belonging to Shon. i.e. Shows his character…
17. On January 24th, police released a picture of the white truck and a picture of a woman. They said they knew her identity, but wanted to know if she has any connection to the truck. She was later identified as Kelli Sharp, a school teacher from Overland Park, Kansas who teaches at John F. Kennedy Elementary School in Kansas City, Kansas. She was not the unidentified woman in the photograph found at Renee’s work.
18. On January 28th Kelli Sharp, accompanied by her attorney, was interviewed by police.
19. Based on evidence Renee’s case is officially changed from missing person to death investigation on February 5th.
20. On February 18th, it is discovered that Shon has posted on a dating website looking for a “life” partner. In it he says that he is divorced which is not true.

In addition, it should be noted that Shon has not participated in searching for Renee. He will only speak through his lawyer and has made no pleas for help in finding his wife.

Shon arrested for stealing a handgun?! Oh, please, let there be a break in this case, let Renee be found, and let her killer be convicted of the crime!! Praying for a fellow nurse and her grieving family -

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back