Mom sells teen's car after finding alcohol

She should be given the mother of the year award.
http://www.cdc.gov/ncipc/factsheets/teenmvh.htm
Statistics:
In the U.S. during 2004, 4,767 teens ages 16 to 19 died of injuries caused by motor vehicle crashes. During 2005, nearly 400,000 motor vehicle occupants in this age group sustained nonfatal injuries severe enough to require treatment in an emergency department (CDC 2006).

I didn't read about it until I logged on today, but I did hear Tony Snow substituting for Paul Harvey today report it as I was driving to the store. I love that she logged 70 calls congratulating her.

Cutie, when a parent allows an underage child the PRIVILEGE of a car, even with strings attached, that child should be RESPONSIBLE enough to follow the rules laid down by the parent paying the bills.

I allowed my sons to drive my car when they were able to contribute to the increased insurance premiums. I did not buy either of them a car. They had to earn the money on their own to purchase their cars, which they did. I think it gave them more of a sense of responsibility when they had to pay out their hard earned money for the purchase, upkeep, gas and insurance.

I applaud Mom!!!!! She learned tough love somewhere.

And it IS a privilege. i still think so, even though i'm 47, how privileged i am to be allowed on the roads. the thought one must give is considerable when one realises one could wipe out the life of a person or family if one isn't a cautious driver at all times.

just a quick perusal on google will show you the deaths caused by drink driving: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...s&q=family+killed+drunk+driver+uk&btnG=Search

i honestly couldn't care if the 19 year old was drinking or not: he may have been by dint of his having alcohol in the car. which he had agreed not to have.

responsibility.

i'm guessing this mom is a poster child of this group: http://www.madd.org/

as she should be! :)

lol yay i love being the odd one out. Its okay...its just my opinion.

& JanetElaine - with all due respect, i know a thing or two about drunk driving...remember my siggy list? Dont think i need a speech about it.

When i have kids & buy them their car...im not going to take their car away just because have they alcohol in it. It doesnt mean they are drinking and driving.

KC, I have a list of things I swore I would never do as a mom. LOL Yep, I do them. Well, most of them.

& JanetElaine - with all due respect, i know a thing or two about drunk driving...remember my siggy list? Dont think i need a speech about it.

I think you'd do well to remember the first amendment. This isn't the first time you try to deny me my right to post my opinions here. And no, I have no clue about your signature line because I have had them disabled for months. Back to the ignore list with you. lol

Deny? Never said that. You post anything you want!! Im just saying i dont need a speech about drunk driving. Ive lost many friends to drunk driving. But if your heart wants ignore me, go right ahead. =)

If more parents followed through with consequences, there would be less spoiled brats freaking out over their "self-esteem" being threatened.

Good job this mom did!!! First he is underage and to have it in the car is just wrong!

Deny? Never said that. You post anything you want!! Im just saying i dont need a speech about drunk driving. Ive lost many friends to drunk driving. But if your heart wants ignore me, go right ahead. =)
Then why would you defend the son??????? What if he was drunk and ran into you or your family???

I had to look that one up...LOL

And? did i judge too harshly in you opinion? :eek:

"call on the carpet, rebuke, rag, trounce, reproof, lecture, reprimand, jaw, dress down, call down, scold, chide, berate, bawl out, remonstrate, chew out, chew up, have words, lambaste, lambast"

KansasCutie you never answered my question.
Are you are parent....:confused:

When your a parent you have real different views of situations when your in your 20's and without kids.
Please just answer my question....:blowkiss:

KansasCutie you never answered my question.
Are you are parent....:confused:

When your a parent you have real different views of situations when your in your 20's and without kids.
Please just answer my question....:blowkiss:

No i dont have any kids
& i dont plan to until im married.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members