Moorers' Bond Hearing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone see the interview with tm's atty after the bond hearing when he talked about phone spoofing? Do you think that will be a tactic used to defend her?

Did anyone see the interview with tm's atty after the bond hearing when he talked about phone spoofing? Do you think that will be a tactic used to defend her?
Of course it will. The defense will say they cannot prove it was TM who sent the messages and a number of people had access to the phone. I think they will go one step further and use the "Dad" comment to shore it up. (We cannot discuss who that could be. ;))

Spoofing is easy to prove. The cellphone companies and the spoofing companies know the actual original phone number that used the service. Also, the cell companies know the exact phone by model # and serial # that was in use at the time of the calls.

Good post, LBDunes.

But I wonder how well that will work IF LE has their actual phone conversations?! Suppose they would say it was then somebody impersonating them to make it sound like them talking? :floorlaugh: I suppose they will use every excuse for their defense that they can think of!

Of course it will. The defense will say they cannot prove it was TM who sent the messages and a number of people had access to the phone. I think they will go one step further and use the "Dad" comment to shore it up. (We cannot discuss who that could be. ;))

I don't know that the dad comment will be a problem. I firmly believe tm was talking about her husband, sm abd she in fact sent the message. I really don't get the thing about the undiscussable sending that. My thinking was more along the lines of they spoofed her phone on social media, so the lawyer may try to use it from that angle.

Maybe there was truck spoofing going back and forth from PTL!

Defense attorneys will throw a lot against the wall and hope something sticks.

Does anyone know if phone spoofing been used successfully in other cases as a defense?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless TM is trying to protect SM over someone spoofing his calls, why would her attorney be saying anything about spoofing calls? There are ways to detect spoofed calls. Did TM make some calls too or is it because SM's number is on a phone bill in her name or family's name?

eta, Ah ha. Tammy spoofed SM's number I bet!!

Caller ID spoofing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"SMS spoofing is a relatively new technology which uses the short message service (SMS), available on most mobile phones and personal digital assistants, to set who the message appears to come from by replacing the originating mobile number (Sender ID) with alphanumeric text. Spoofing has both legitimate uses (setting the company name from which the message is being sent, setting your own mobile number, or a product name) and illegitimate uses (such as impersonating another person, company, product)."

more

SMS spoofing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There seems to be no end to what TLRCM will do to implicate others. SMS spoofing appears to be high tech and IMO neither Heather or SM seem to be the type to use such techniques. Now, someone who spends so much time online and following crime websites may have heard of this and researched the topic.

In a forensic review of the history (archived, deleted and saved,) on her cellphone/cellphones, smart devices and PCs should be a gold mine to the prosecution. I just hope LE took every smart device (to include gaming devices) and PC out of that home and analyses everything on each of them.

It came out in the bond hearing that TM and SM agreed upon a "punishment" for SM that included him being handcuffed to the bed, and her being allowed to come with him to work, among other things.

In a previous post of mine, on a thread that is now closed, I stated that TM was never with SM while he was doing work for my employer.

I wanted to correct that statement. After talking with some of the management team at my place of employment, TM did in fact join SM on many of his work calls; I just never personally saw her. It was also said that she was with him more times than not.

Its one thing to be bored, and want to tag along, or keep your SO company, etc while they are working. But its another when it is done specifically to keep an eye on them and make sure they are doing anything that you wouldn't approve of.

I wonder what kind of underlying mental issues of TM are going to come out in the trial (probably in the form of some kind of self defense tactic), because it is pretty apparent that she has some, if not many.

-Restless in Horry County

-JL

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Without a doubt, IMO.

The defense will throw it and see if it sticks :rolleyes:

It came out in the bond hearing that TM and SM agreed upon a "punishment" for SM that included him being handcuffed to the bed, and her being allowed to come with him to work, among other things.

In a previous post of mine, on a thread that is now closed, I stated that TM was never with SM while he was doing work for my employer.

I wanted to correct that statement. After talking with some of the management team at my place of employment, TM did in fact join SM on many of his work calls; I just never personally saw her. It was also said that she was with him more times than not.

Its one thing to be bored, and want to tag along, or keep your SO company, etc while they are working. But its another when it is done specifically to keep an eye on them and make sure they are doing anything that you wouldn't approve of.

I wonder what kind of underlying mental issues of TM are going to come out in the trial (probably in the form of some kind of self defense tactic), because it is pretty apparent that she has some, if not many.

-Restless in Horry County

-JL

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Thank you for sharing that information. It certainly lends credence to some of the other controlling behaviors by TM we've been hearing about. It also raises the question - If SM would allow TM to interfere with his professional life as part of some kind of penance or if he felt he had no choice, what other extreme behaviors and actions would he support or engage in with the same submissive nature?

I'm wondering if the mental health card will be played for SM. His attorney made those statements for a reason, IMO to plant the seed that SM is one of the victims here.

This isn't the sort of thing most men would admit to, especially knowing it would become public knowledge. The handcuff information is useless as an alibi since SM was caught on the pay phone tape. He wasn't chained to the bed after hours. There must be some kind of strategic reason for the attorney to discuss it at all.

Someone here mentioned the "Disney/Open Shirt/Walkathon/Tattoo/Boxers Showing" photo as seeming like a mom had staged a shot for her kindergartner for the first day of school.

Whatever the M's dynamic truly was, I don't think it can be used as a defense for SM if he was an active participant in Heather's murder.

However, I will say I had the same initial impression of the later social media pics (that one especially) - that SM's expression was one of a puppet. He seemed to exist in the photos as a prop, nothing more. Makes me wonder if that's how he'll be portrayed in the courtroom. If that's the case, then maybe his attorney knew exactly what he was doing allowing SM to wear the Disney neck tie to court.

Did anyone else see that TM's father passed away this week?

Hi, AshleyLynn12! :seeya: We've been discussing it in this thread per an admin's request:

Interviews & MSM with/about friends, family, law enforcement etc... - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

You can discuss the emergency situation re: TM's dad here: Interviews & MSM with/about friends, family, law enforcement etc... - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Remember - NO Sleuthing of family.

Thank you for sharing that information. It certainly lends credence to some of the other controlling behaviors by TM we've been hearing about. It also raises the question - If SM would allow TM to interfere with his professional life as part of some kind of penance or if he felt he had no choice, what other extreme behaviors and actions would he support or engage in with the same submissive nature?

I'm wondering if the mental health card will be played for SM. His attorney made those statements for a reason, IMO to plant the seed that SM is one of the victims here.

This isn't the sort of thing most men would admit to, especially knowing it would become public knowledge. The handcuff information is useless as an alibi since SM was caught on the pay phone tape. He wasn't chained to the bed after hours. There must be some kind of strategic reason for the attorney to discuss it at all.

Someone here mentioned the "Disney/Open Shirt/Walkathon/Tattoo/Boxers Showing" photo as seeming like a mom had staged a shot for her kindergartner for the first day of school.

Whatever the M's dynamic truly was, I don't think it can be used as a defense for SM if he was an active participant in Heather's murder.

However, I will say I had the same initial impression of the later social media pics (that one especially) - that SM's expression was one of a puppet. He seemed to exist in the photos as a prop, nothing more. Makes me wonder if that's how he'll be portrayed in the courtroom. If that's the case, then maybe his attorney knew exactly what he was doing allowing SM to wear the Disney neck tie to court.

Brilliant observations! Thank you!

I saw the photo of SM looking up at the Power Point presentation in the courtroom when Heather's phone activity on Dec 17/18 was being displayed. I wonder how much of this he was aware of that night.

Did he have any idea Heather tried to call him repeatedly at the pay phone? Was this new information he learned right then in the courtroom?
How much of his social media and phone activity is or will be news to him?

The bigger question is whether any of these new revelations will influence his loyalty to Tammy?

Let's face it, if they committed this act in any kind of team effort, Tammy was the one making decisions. When have we ever seen an example of TM bending to his wishes?

I'm hopeful a lightbulb might come on as more becomes clear, the more time he has away from TM - hopeful his allegiance to TM will falter and he will come clean and tell us where Heather is, giving the Elvis family at least an opportunity for closure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member