Moorers' Bond Hearing

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the other case that I was talking about.

Citing a judge's gag order, investigators Thursday would not release the identity of human remains found this week in Amador County, but the sister of Ripon's Mary Morino Starkey, who vanished in June 2005, said the find raised her hopes.
"I have to be patient and wait," said Loretta Morino, who is resigned to the possibility that her sister is dead.

Investigators planned to release the identity Thursday, but instead, spokesman Sgt. Chris Stevens said he learned of a gag order issued by San Joaquin County Superior Court Judge Bernard Garber that prevents him from talking about the case.

http://www.recordnet.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070713/A_NEWS/707130323

LE kept Skylar Neeses remains quiet for a couple of months, while they followed the perps.

ETA: I don't believe the remains found in Deland are Heather. We have a mother and 2 children missing from that area since 10/13.

LE kept Skylar Neeses remains quiet for a couple of months, while they followed the perps.

That makes sense to me because I understand LE's reason but I'm not sure what would be the reason in this case? If the FL remains are Heather,and I'm just speculating, does anyone have a good reason for LE to keep it from the family? I'll have to think on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My personal opinion is that if it is her, the family knows already and they're cooperating with LE to not leak it.

That makes sense to me because I understand LE's reason but I'm not sure what would be the reason in this case? If the FL remains are Heather,and I'm just speculating, does anyone have a good reason for LE to keep it from the family? I'll have to think on this.

My only thought on this has been if you keep it from the family, it can't possibly leak out. If it leaks out, it could jeopardize the case. In this case, for example, those remains found in Volusia, if they were Heather's, being wrapped in Mickey Mouse sheets would bias near anyone who knows anything about this case and who reads about the remains as it HAVING to be the evil Disney queen (Maleficent?) who did this. On the off chance that those remains are Heather's AND there is some OTHER evil Disney queen (Ursula?) or King (Wait? Are there any evil Disney kings?) who left them there, this would make it hard to get a fair trial for the original evil Disney queen. (some names have been changed to protect no one in particular)

Don't know any Disney Kings, but there is Prince charming :gaah:

My only thought on this has been if you keep it from the family, it can't possibly leak out. If it leaks out, it could jeopardize the case. In this case, for example, those remains found in Volusia, if they were Heather's, being wrapped in Mickey Mouse sheets would bias near anyone who knows anything about this case and who reads about the remains as it HAVING to be the evil Disney queen (Maleficent?) who did this. On the off chance that those remains are Heather's AND there is some OTHER evil Disney queen (Ursula?) or King (Wait? Are there any evil Disney kings?) who left them there, this would make it hard to get a fair trial for the original evil Disney queen. (some names have been changed to protect no one in particular)

Were the remains found, those of Heather Elvis? From what I can see on FB for HE family, it doesn't appear they have yet. It's almost a year in December she disappeared.

Is there another forum page for discussion other than this one?

thanks...(sometimes I plain get lost around here these days ) :)

So, they're being tried together? From your link:

Sidney and Tammy Moorer's murder trial date has been set, and 800 jurors will be called when the Heather Elvis case comes to trial in May, according to court documents filed Wednesday with the Horry County Clerk of Court.

In related matters, an at large judge from Moncks Corner now has “concurrent jurisdiction” in the Moorer murder trial, which is scheduled for May 11, court records state....

In a separate order, Judge John stated that a panel of 800 jurors will be called for the weeks of May 11 and May 18.

Probably time to start a new pre-trial thread so any hearings and such that happen between now and then will have a proper place to go.

Sydney looking to get his bail lowered...lawyers says he can't be legally convicted for Heather's murder? Not sure I understand that...

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/27750...s-motion-to-reduce-bond-in-heather-elvis-case

The motion was filed December 30 and states, “the discovery provided not only contradicts the State's representations at the initial bond hearing, but further establishes that Sidney Moorer could not be legally convicted of the crimes charged.”

Sydney looking to get his bail lowered...lawyers says he can't be legally convicted for Heather's murder? Not sure I understand that...

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/27750...s-motion-to-reduce-bond-in-heather-elvis-case

The motion was filed December 30 and states, “the discovery provided not only contradicts the State's representations at the initial bond hearing, but further establishes that Sidney Moorer could not be legally convicted of the crimes charged.”

He must want out for his birthday. Lol He's probably safer in jail. Doesn't seem like the C's would welcome him back. JMO

Interesting...

would love to have us WSers have a chance to get our hands on the "discovery information" referred to by defense that "establishes that SM can not be legally convicted of the crimes charged"...

:yes:

His lawyer is probably making such a claim because there's no direct evidence to the killing. Unless of course the other perp confesses and then implicates S.M., that would be direct evidence. The good news is that most murder cases are circumstantial only and that evidence, when there's enough of it and it's put together, makes for a very strong and compelling case.

He must want out for his birthday. Lol He's probably safer in jail. Doesn't seem like the C's would welcome him back. JMO
With that last interview from Mrs. C, he's a kid, who did nothing wrong except have a fling. I got red hot with that! But to save face, I think they'd welcome him right back.

So, they're being tried together? From your link:

Probably time to start a new pre-trial thread so any hearings and such that happen between now and then will have a proper place to go.

I bet there will be quite a few trial threads when this gets rolling.... :rollercoaster:

If it's like other cases here on WS, there will be one trial thread per day when this gets going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blondeboricua