GUILTY MS - Cheyenne Hyer, 3, dies in hot car, Kiln, 30 Sept 2016 *Arrest*

This is from the latest article.

When deputies looked at the air conditioning setting, they noted the air was actually set “half way between cold and heat,” so the force of the full cold air was not being felt by the child.

Read more here: http://www.sunherald.com/news/local/counties/harrison-county/article106277872.html#1#storylink=cpy

I hope they check fingerprints on the controls for the air conditioning to see who actually turned it on. Was it on for the whole 5 hours or did it get turned on when the car was moved.

This right here from the above news article pretty much tells me everything I need to know.

"When Barker woke up at least four hours later, she went out to her car, found her daughter unresponsive and ran back inside “frantically” saying something was wrong with Cheyenn."

Read more here: http://www.sunherald.com/news/local/counties/harrison-county/article106277872.html#storylink=cpy

NO mother I know would find her daughter unresponsive in the car seat and not IMMEDIATELY attempt to pull the child out of the car seat. I smell evil. She also had done this before.

Rot. I hope she rots.

Am I reading this right - she KNOWINGLY left her daughter in the car?!

Talking about work and falling asleep sounds like a big load of crap to me.

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/...mother-charged-death-child-left-car/91636784/

OMG. She left the child in a car before!!!!

"Hancock County Sheriff’s Investigator Glenn Grannan said Wednesday that investigators have learned that Barker left her daughter alone in a car at least once before, in nearby Gulfport in April 2015. While officials have spelled the name of the girl as Cheyenn Hyer, her father spells it as Cheyenne Hyer.

The Sun Herald first reported the previous incident, saying Barker left the then 2-year-old girl in the back of her personal vehicle. Police responded and child welfare officials took temporary custody of the girl at the time, the newspaper reported."

The article also states the car WAS running when she was found. I am confused though. It doesn't say it was running with the A/C on.

"Friday, the toddler died after being left in Barker’s patrol car for four hours with the motor running. "

So I assume the A/C could not have been on?

This is truly reprehensible. My thoughts and prayers go out to Cheyenne's dad.

So she's had her child temporarily removed before? For leaving her in a hot car?? Is this woman brain dead 😠 And she was a police officer??? 😠😠😠

So she's had her child temporarily removed before? For leaving her in a hot car?? Is this woman brain dead �� And she was a police officer??? ������

EXACTLY. I wonder why she didn't just bring her inside and plop her in front of the tv in the living room?

This is from the latest article.

When deputies looked at the air conditioning setting, they noted the air was actually set “half way between cold and heat,” so the force of the full cold air was not being felt by the child.

Read more here: http://www.sunherald.com/news/local/counties/harrison-county/article106277872.html#1#storylink=cpy

This is just getting more infuriating as I read!!!!!!!!

"Ryan Hyer, Cheyenn’s father, said Friday he’s furious to learn about Barker leaving their daughter alone in a car before.

“That was a tell-tell sign that something was wrong and if I would have been notified or somebody else would have been notified or if she lost custody of Cheyenn then, then my daughter would be alive today,” Hyer said Wednesday. “I wouldn’t have lost my child.”

Read more here: http://www.sunherald.com/news/local/counties/harrison-county/article106277872.html#storylink=cpy

How could this previous child welfare case be opened, the child removed from her custody, (placed in temporary care?), and the father not be notified?

This is just getting more infuriating as I read!!!!!!!!

"Ryan Hyer, Cheyenn’s father, said Friday he’s furious to learn about Barker leaving their daughter alone in a car before.

“That was a tell-tell sign that something was wrong and if I would have been notified or somebody else would have been notified or if she lost custody of Cheyenn then, then my daughter would be alive today,” Hyer said Wednesday. “I wouldn’t have lost my child.”

How could this previous child welfare case be opened, the child removed from her custody, (placed in temporary care?), and the father not be notified?
S.S does that all the time . They will hide stuff in family court from the biological father and act like they could not find them it makes it easy with the childrens mother offers no help an simply says "I have not seen him ,or I dont know his address." I know this guy who's kids were put up for adoption but before that his ex wife lost the kids to social services and moved to another state and lied about where the kids were and he thought she was just refusing to allow him to talk to them and see them, for 3 months he had no clue they were in state care until he got arrested for driving on a suspended 4th offence. So while he was in jail they wanted to do DNA turns out one kids he thought was his was not , so the state took his rights away to that child and later they ended up getting the rights to his oldest (8) after he could not meet the courts demands .

I hope they test this cop mom for drugs. I am thinking that is going to be a problem she has.

I think the divorce and living as a single mom made her loose brain cells. Honestly, do we even really wonder what she was doing at her supervisor's house that caused her to "fall asleep" for 4 hours? She was just like CA playing as a swinging single woman sowing her wild oats and her baby girl was in her way and a nuisance to her.

Poor, poor darling!! She deserved a doting mother.

Hancock County Sheriff Ricky Adam said Thursday that an arrest warrant has been issued for Cassie Barker, the mother of three-year-old Cheyenn Hyer, who died Friday after being left in a car for four hours. Adam said Barker will be charged with manslaughter.

http://www.seacoastecho.com/article_10232.shtml#.V_aNvlQ8KnM

FYI: The attorney she has reportedly hired is considered one of the best defense lawyers in the area!

Honestly, what is this woman missing biologically? Once I became a mom, its like a driving instinct to protect my child at all cost kicked in, and it's not something you can just turn off. Even when I know she is with someone else, like my MIL who is just crazy about her, I worry. What kind of monster could leave their child in a car? And even if she thought she would be okay physically, what about how awfully boring it would be for anyone to just be sat alone in a car for that long? The thought of my daughter even being alone for a little bit would give me a panic attack. And I'm not claiming to be super mom, but, I know my other mommy friends feel the same. It just goes against every motherly instinct you have.

ugh, and you can bet those weren't the only times she left baby girl in the car.

The thing is, I spent hours pouring through her FB, and I wouldn't have pegged Cassie to harm her child. Especially twice.
She started off with a pretty good attitude, first in her family to get her BA, was a Christian.
Had a lot of boyfriends that she tended to fall in love with quickly, and they were always The One.
Seemed to genuinely love being pregnant and motherly.
I know people change though.
Poor baby girl.

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

What am I missing here??? How does an ADULT PARENT EVER forget that their child is in a vehicle. These cases are sickening!

She didn't forget. She left the child in the car (with the A/C on) while she visited her friend. This is even worse than "forgetting".

She didn't forget. She left the child in the car (with the A/C on) while she visited her friend. This is even worse than "forgetting".

She SAID she left the A/C on but I'm wondering about that. She said she arrived shortly before 9am and left the child in the car with the A/C on. According to this graph, the temp at 9am has been around 72 degrees at that time of day.

https://www.google.com/search?clien...ture+long+beach+mississippi&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Let's just go with she did have the A/C running. Then why did the child die from heat????

My guess is the A/C may have been turned on when the car was moved to the driveway after she was discovered. It's not going to be hard to figure that out. PDs keep records of when their vehicles are filled up with gas . Leaving the car run for 5 hours would have used up a lot of gas.

In the long run, it really doesn't matter. She had no business leaving her in the car in the first place. Not for 5 hours---------------- and not for 5 minutes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back