GUILTY MS - Cheyenne Hyer, 3, dies in hot car, Kiln, 30 Sept 2016 *Arrest*

Most car seats have that really plush, warm material, too. My daughter has always been a little toaster, and I ended up spending what I consider to be a lot of money ($350) on a car seat that has a more breathable material for her. We live in Texas, and even when I have the A/C on full blast, she's still sweating in the backseat sometimes. It was worse when I had her in her first (plush) car seat, though.

I think the mom probably did actually fall asleep, but I, like most of you, don't believe for a second that she was there to discuss a "work related incident." You don't fall asleep after the person you're visiting does, if you're there simply talking. I don't understand leaving her daughter in the car, though. It says she had a babysitter, so why not leave her with the babysitter if she's just going to leave her in the car anyway?

RIP little Cheyenne.

Most car seats have that really plush, warm material, too. My daughter has always been a little toaster, and I ended up spending what I consider to be a lot of money ($350) on a car seat that has a more breathable material for her. We live in Texas, and even when I have the A/C on full blast, she's still sweating in the backseat sometimes. It was worse when I had her in her first (plush) car seat, though.

I think the mom probably did actually fall asleep, but I, like most of you, don't believe for a second that she was there to discuss a "work related incident." You don't fall asleep after the person you're visiting does, if you're there simply talking. I don't understand leaving her daughter in the car, though. It says she had a babysitter, so why not leave her with the babysitter if she's just going to leave her in the car anyway?

RIP little Cheyenne.
And, if she was discussing a "work" incident, she could have brought the tot in with her. I don't think that car, or more specifically the AC was even on until the male officer came out and put the flashers on. She was still 107 degrees 45 minutes after they started trying to revive her. HOT. LOCKED. CAR. (sorry for shouting). This is no Mom. This is no Officer.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Following the case of Cooper Harris means I've learned about the torturous process of death that occurs when a child dies this way. I can't bear to think about it too much. RIP little Cheyenne, you're an angel now.

And the person who did this to her deserves the death penalty. MOO.

Following the case of Cooper Harris means I've learned about the torturous process of death that occurs when a child dies this way. I can't bear to think about it too much. RIP little Cheyenne, you're an angel now.

And the person who did this to her deserves the death penalty. MOO.

I had never read about the actual process of a hot car death until I followed Cooper's thread too. You're right, Madge, it is torture and there's no other way to describe it. Absolutely a horrible, slow, miserable, painful way to die for anyone, especially little ones......... so cruel and unforgivable IMO.

I also have over heaters. We live in a very hot climate as well.

This comes in really handy to keep kids cool.

https://www.amazon.com/Noggle-Extend-Conditioning-Instantly-There/dp/B00ZCL7YRE

Now that laws are changing to require rear facing up to 2 years old, it will become more popular.

Also this is good to put in the car seat when you go inside somewhere with the child.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00P...&sr=8-1&keywords=carseat+cooler&pi=SY200_QL40

RIP little Cheyenne.

If he didn't know that the child was in the car; Then obviously they felt he lied or try to help cover up something. Jmo
Barker-and-Ladner-800x430.png

Cheyenne Hyer's father plans to sue Long Beach PD, state CPS
November 1st 2016, 12:22 pm EDT

LONG BEACH, MS (WLOX) - The father of the little girl who died after being left in her mother's police car plans to sue the City of Long Beach and the Mississippi Department of Child Protective Services.

A letter from Ryan Hyer's attorney points to 'wrongful actions' by the city and state that ultimately led to the death of Cheyenne Hyer. Hyer plans to sue for $2 million plus additional damages. (. . .)

The letter goes on to accuse Chief Wayne McDowell and other officers with the Long Beach Police Department of covering up information in the case.

Former Long Beach cop enters not guilty plea in daughter’s death
November 8, 2016 10:27 AM

Former Long Beach Police Officer Cassie Barker, accused in the alleged hot-car death of her 3-year-old daughter, pleaded not guilty to manslaughter Tuesday.

Barker’s attorney, George Blair, argued for a preliminary hearing, but prosecutor Olin Anderson said the former cop was not entitled to one because she is already out of jail on bond.

Justice Court Judge Tommy Carver agreed. He ruled there was enough evidence in the manslaughter case to automatically send the case to a grand jury to review for an indictment.

Carver had previously set Barker's bond at $50,000. She has been free since she her Oct. 6 surrender.

I dunno how other people would react but I would feel so devastated had it happened to me and my child that I'd be screaming my guilt and demanding I be locked up forever, even if it had been an accident. I can't imagine a mother pleading not guilty if she is the reason her child is dead (and intentional or not, she IS the reason). JMO

I dunno how other people would react but I would feel so devastated had it happened to me and my child that I'd be screaming my guilt and demanding I be locked up forever, even if it had been an accident. I can't imagine a mother pleading not guilty if she is the reason her child is dead (and intentional or not, she IS the reason). JMO

I wouldn't have it in me to fight. Even if there were other children I think it would be better for them to face it head on and deal with it.

Sorry, but this is the second time this happened to this little girl, and she survived the first incident. This woman needs to be spayed and placed in prison

You'd think the people designing car seats and the people designing vehicles could get together on this. Think of all the warning systems in your car already, lights on, keys still inside? We even have systems already that detect when seat belts are locked. Add an extra hole in the belt latch to detect whether it is latched normally or is holding a car seat. If it is, and the driver exits the vehicle, sound and flash a warning to unlatch the seat belt, which they can latch right back if they want. Something, anything. You know people smarter than me have pondered this and the idea that vehicle manufacturers have done nothing is rather appalling. We'll just keep blaming the parents and pretend like we don't know it will happen again and again.

Who cares? Lets just save as many kids as we can. That would be my plan.

I don't understand the delay in justice here at all. Sad.
Little girls father is correct.

"Hyer believes two years without a resolution in the case is long enough.
"Her life was taken away and no actions have been taken yet,” said Hyer.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back