MSM coverage of Baby Lisa, 10/31/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched interview again (remembered I can rewind live tv!). A few more details:

JT: They not going to notify media every time there is a meeting as it's not advantageous to investigation. They have a good dialogue with FBI. Has a substantial rapport with them.

Dan Abrams asked why wouldn't he want interview with boys to happen earlier rather than later because everyday that passes, memories fade, new questions arise. DA also said "I would think from your perspective the only issue would be find the child?"

JT's response to DA: Family has consented to everything, every search, every forensic swab (really?) - Their concern is that the boys aren't damaged by questions etc..

DA: I would think you would want parents in there as often as possible. (Referring to interviews with LE)

JT's answer: I'm not concerned about perceptions, don't matter.

DA: It does matter.

JT: Said LE accused DB of killing Lisa within an hour of them responding to their house about baby being missing. Did this as she was on the floor, trembling and crying.

(Sorry if this is disjointed. Just wanted to add a little more detail.)

bbm.....Wow......just wow

JT: Allowing the police to talk to the boys was never an issue :waitasec:

"One of the issues I'm having right now with the way this case is being handled, we're playing a little bit too much with all the respect to you, all to the media"

And he goes to the morning shows to say the case is being played too much in the media? Why not just decline comment if too much media is an issue?

"and to me, notifying the press every time we have a meeting set up is not something I think that is advantageous to either side or this investigation, so while I will say this I'm not gonna give give the date of an appointment or whether or not there is an appointment, I will tell you that there will be every necessary interview will be had with the law enforcement, I've had a very good dialogue with the FBI in this regard"

It is encouraging if he's talking to the FBI about having interviews and it's going well.

However (JMO and MOO), this is a bit slippery imo, lawyer speak. He is not going to commit to any dates or even say whether or not there is going to be an interview, he's just saying that there will be all the necessary interviews. And who decides which interviews are necessary, I ask you? JT and the parents. So if they decide that no interviews are necessary there will be none. In the mean time, he's establishing that it's not advantageous to inform the press about meetings, which is of course fine particularly when there are none.

In today's GMA interview, JT said that he is a victims advocate attorney in this case...not a criminal defense attorney becuz his clients have not been charged with anything.

Not doubting you at all. thanks for transcribing. You :rocker:
Im mad as heck about the lies. Its one thing for them to spin, but thats an out and out LIE. UGh!

You're welcome! It's not an exact transcription, but I did my best. :seeya:

In another video titled Baby Lisa: Parents Keeping Low Profile
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/baby-lisa-parents-keeping-low-profile-14848745
BS urges the police and volunteers to search an area close to where the motor cycle guy saw a man with a baby. He thinks the search area should be broadened to 3 miles.
I have a problem with the reporter who says that this is the area where "Baby Lisa was last seen at 4 in the morning". But in the interview, motorcyle guy only confirms that the baby he saw was about the size of "the baby that's missing". They didn't show the whole interview, but in the past video, I don't recall him actually identifying Baby Lisa.

I watched interview again (remembered I can rewind live tv!). A few more details:

JT: They not going to notify media every time there is a meeting as it's not advantageous to investigation. They have a good dialogue with FBI. Has a substantial rapport with them.

Dan Abrams asked why wouldn't he want interview with boys to happen earlier rather than later because everyday that passes, memories fade, new questions arise. DA also said "I would think from your perspective the only issue would be find the child?"

JT's response to DA: Family has consented to everything, every search, every forensic swab (really?) - Their concern is that the boys aren't damaged by questions etc..

DA: I would think you would want parents in there as often as possible. (Referring to interviews with LE)

JT's answer: I'm not concerned about perceptions, don't matter.

DA: It does matter.

JT: Said LE accused DB of killing Lisa within an hour of them responding to their house about baby being missing. Did this as she was on the floor, trembling and crying.
(Sorry if this is disjointed. Just wanted to add a little more detail.)

bbm
If JT is willing to lie about how long the boys were interviewed it makes it very hard for me to believe that
I do not doubt that LE has made statements to DB about her involvement.
I do have to question the bolded part. WITHIN AN HOUR?

Many a confession has been got by confronting the parent in an upset state of mind before they have had time to collect themselves. It would have saved everyone a lot of trouble if it worked.

I have a problem with the reporter who says that this is the area where "Baby Lisa was last seen at 4 in the morning". But in the interview, motorcyle guy only confirms that the baby he saw was about the size of "the baby that's missing". They didn't show the whole interview, but in the past video, I don't recall him actually identifying Baby Lisa.

great post,IMO Lisa was probably last seen around 7pm if you are to go by DB statements about checking on her.

how does this guy on the motorcycle know that the guy he saw was even carrying a baby? :waitasec:

Let's also add to that, the PI that states an area where baby Lisa was last seen alive. But that area isn't the area that Lisa was last seen alive, it was within her home. How can they tell the baby was alive, if they saw someone carrying it. The baby could have been a doll for all they know... i am still on the fence, i don't know what i think happened. JMO :)

bbm
If JT is willing to lie about how long the boys were interviewed it makes it very hard for me to believe that

Just jumping off your post.

That's interesting when you consider at minute 54 they were asking for a case number for a kidnapping. (based on scanner request of case number at 4:58am)

Me thinks JT is prone to exaggeration.

BBM...

The article I read, MT aka the motorcycle man identified Jersey as the man carrying the baby at 4am. I did not read that MT identified the baby as Lisa.

bbm

Yes, within an hour. I had already read that previously from one of the lawyers. I don't have a link, maybe someone else remembers. This isn't the first time I've heard this.

Let's also add to that, the PI that states an area where baby Lisa was last seen alive. But that area isn't the area that Lisa was last seen alive, it was within her home. How can they tell the baby was alive, if they saw someone carrying it. The baby could have been a doll for all they know... i am still on the fence, i don't know what i think happened. JMO :)

I wonder what BS is expecting that the searchers would find in that area.

The body? But why did the abductor walk with her for several miles just to kill her in this area? Why not somewhere closer?
The clothes? But if you're not gonna dump the clothes ASAP near the home, why walk with a naked baby all the way?

Yes, within an hour. I had already read that previously from one of the lawyers. I don't have a link, maybe someone else remembers. This isn't the first time I've heard this.

DB claimed in the interview with MK that it was within a couple of hours of being 'interviewed'.

WHY does "On the floor, trembling and crying" remind me of Ronald Cummings..
MY BAD.. He wasn't on the floor, he was on the ground trembling and crying when LE arrived......JMHO..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member