MSM coverage of Baby Lisa, 10/31/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
JT: talking about crime scene being trampled on

Was asked if DB/JI not submitting to interviews is preventing police from moving on from them? Blah.....didn't get his answer.

Watched again (remembered I can rewind live TV. Ha!) His answer was that perception that LE isn't moving on is based media reports and or police spokesperson. (huh?) Ask the FBI. They'll tell you how they are conducting themselves.

Did you mean "biased" media reports or "based on media reports?"

Yes, within an hour. I had already read that previously from one of the lawyers. I don't have a link, maybe someone else remembers. This isn't the first time I've heard this.

And yet DB said it was within 2 hours of being questioned at the station. Which was about 8 hours after the 911 call.

MOO

In today's GMA interview, JT said that he is a victims advocate attorney in this case...not a criminal defense attorney becuz his clients have not been charged with anything.

I guess this is an ask a lawyer question: If JT is not representing them as a criminal defense attorney at this point, can he get away with telling 'inaccuracies' about the case to the press? e.g. The blob is seen by witnesses carrying a baby, the children were interviewed for 5 hours, and probably about DB being on the ground crying (which he has previously mentioned on TV) but he has added the accusations of murder by LE within an hour of them getting there (my belief is that this is not true).

Thanks! I really like Dan Abrams.

Good interview, I actually thought this was one of the most productive interviews to date.

JT said that there are 3 independent witnesses about man with baby at 12, 2, and 4 AM. You think he's counting the video (that wouldn't be a witness) or is there another witness that LE has, but media does not?

color me curious

Yes...he said 3 independent witness who have seen a man carrying a baby. And the 2am time was in there. Who is the 2am witness? He can't be referring to the video of white blob can he? That is a blatant lie.

MOO

I wonder what BS is expecting that the searchers would find in that area.

The body? But why did the abductor walk with her for several miles just to kill her in this area? Why not somewhere closer?
The clothes? But if you're not gonna dump the clothes ASAP near the home, why walk with a naked baby all the way?

Maybe you are waiting to meet someone to pick you up in a car and they are late...MOO

BBM...

The article I read, MT aka the motorcycle man identified Jersey as the man carrying the baby at 4am. I did not read that MT identified the baby as Lisa.

The man only identified the baby as "same age, same size" it's misrepresentation to say it was baby Lisa. It was an alleged sighting of a man with a baby. JMO.

I wish everyone (media and professionals) could just keep it real and represent things as they are. It's plenty compelling without the exaggerations.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/bab...ing-sons-14848770?tab=9482931&section=1206833

~JT complains about the media, yet here he is giving an interview.
~JT says the boys were questioned for 5 hours. LE says otherwise.
~JT says all neccesary DNA swabs have been taken. Yet, the boys DNA hasn't been taken.
~JT says 3 sightings of man carrying baby in diaper. Blob video doesn't even clearly show a man, much less a man carrying a baby in a diaper.
~ JT says he has a good report with the FBI and respects their abilities...yet isn't he the one who said FBI cadaver dogs sometimes hit on poop?

Alrighty, then.

And yet DB said it was within 2 hours of being questioned at the station. Which was about 8 hours after the 911 call.

MOO

OK, thanks, I think I am remembering the Fox interview with that blonde woman, and DB was talking about when she was at the station.

I wonder what BS is expecting that the searchers would find in that area.

The body? But why did the abductor walk with her for several miles just to kill her in this area? Why not somewhere closer?
The clothes? But if you're not gonna dump the clothes ASAP near the home, why walk with a naked baby all the way?

ITA Donjeta!

Better yet, why not jump in a car and drive away? None of this makes any sense.

Many a confession has been got by confronting the parent in an upset state of mind before they have had time to collect themselves. It would have saved everyone a lot of trouble if it worked.

That's sure not how Deborah described it-- I think Joe T. is talking out of both sides of this mouth this morning. moo

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/bab...ing-sons-14848770?tab=9482931&section=1206833

~JT complains about the media, yet here he is giving an interview.
~JT says the boys were questioned for 5 hours. LE says otherwise.
~JT says all neccesary DNA swabs have been taken. Yet, the boys DNA hasn't been taken.
~JT says 3 sightings of man carrying baby in diaper. Blob video doesn't even clearly show a man, much less a man carrying a baby in a diaper.
~ JT says he has a good report with the FBI and respects their abilities...yet isn't he the one who said FBI cadaver dogs sometimes hit on poop?

Alrighty, then.

Thank You!!!!!!!! IMO spinning is one thing its their job. Lying is another IMO

Thank you Donjeta. I thought the 5 hrs was wrong

It may not be wrong. We know that LE interviewed them on day 1 - maybe they have been questioned since then? Not everything a defense attorney says is a lie. (Though you do have to be wary).

Discuss main stream media coverage here.

You guys know the drill. This is not to be a general discussion thread. Link to the MSM articles you are referencing.

(description taken from 10/29/11 thread; I'm not a mod)

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!! :eek:

:ghost:
:dracula: :eek:ddsmiley: :devil:

bumping this up at random... spread out for general discussion on the appropriate thread. This thread is for media links and what is going on in live media... thanks peeps:rocker:

Not doubting YOU at all, rather JT seems to be full of it.

I thought it was an excellent interview. He reiterated that he is not conducting a criminal defense, but is acting as a victim's advocate attorney as no one has been charged. He obviously has some issues with the heavy-handedness of the KCPD, but is working closely with the FBI. (IMO, they have greater expertise and resources on kidnapping cases than KCPD). He stressed again the three sightings with one being at 2 a.m. ( I am now beginning to think that the sighting at the dumpster may have been with a baby.) He did not blame KCPD for the trampling of the scene, but implicated media in the trampling.
He was adamant that the children will be interviewed and that the parents are cooperating and talking with the FBI and other LE. ( No problem in my book.
I deduce that that the rift between the attorneys was over attorney Short's dedication to the "care and feeding" of the media.
)

It may not be wrong. We know that LE interviewed them on day 1 - maybe they have been questioned since then? Not everything a defense attorney says is a lie. (Though you do have to be wary).

As of Friday LE was saying they hadn't had access to the boys since the 4th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther