GUILTY MT - Cody Johnson, 25, pushed off cliff, Glacier Nat'l Park, 7 July 2013

I wonder if the fake email account was trying to cover up the email on the day of the death. It could show a moment of anger, and fear of talking to him about the marriage instead of premeditation. Talking about volatile issues wouldn't be done at the top of a cliff if someone were afraid though.

From original link...

The complaint said the couple argued the night of July 7. Upset, they decided to go hiking in Glacier National Park in Flathead County, Montana, where they continued to fight.

Who decides to go hiking up a steep cliff while upset? Not only that why marry him in the first place if there are reservations?

I wonder if the fake email account was trying to cover up the email on the day of the death. It could show a moment of anger, and fear of talking to him about the marriage instead of premeditation. Talking about volatile issues wouldn't be done at the top of a cliff if someone were afraid though.
From the text I saw she sent to her friend, it sounds premeditated. She told her that if she didn't get back to her that night, something happened. Sounds to me like she planned it!!!

Sept. 11, 2013
By RYAN OWENS via Good Morning America

A friend of Cody Johnson, the 25-year-old Montana man whose wife admitted to pushing him to his death from a cliff just days after their wedding, says that he immediately suspected his friend's new wife after he was found dead in July. Jordan Linn Graham, the 22-year-old Montana woman who admitted to pushing Johnson from a cliff in Montana's Glacier National Park on July 7, will be back in a federal courtroom today, facing second-degree murder charges. Last month Graham admitted to pushing her husband from atop a cliff and covering up the death when being interviewed by authorities.
Cameron Frederickson, a friend of Johnson, told ABC News that he was wary of the couple's relationship for some time.
"I almost instantly thought Jordan knew something, did something, or was a part of what happened to Cody," Frederickson said. "When Cody told me that he was going to propose to Jordan, I wasn't real supportive of it … I did have a conversation with him saying I think he should reconsider." more at link: http://abcnews.go.com/US/newlywed-c...iend-suspicious-jordan-linn/story?id=20222596

if he was so afraid of heights, how did she get him to go to the edge of a cliff?

Where does it say he was afraid of heights?

NG show and some other news reported his friends said he was very afraid of heights, thats all I know. I was hoping we could get more info here than is being reported.

She also wants out on home arrest, his family ofcourse does not approve

From the text I saw she sent to her friend, it sounds premeditated. She told her that if she didn't get back to her that night, something happened. Sounds to me like she planned it!!!
sounds to me like she was afraid of HIM

An annulment would have been so much easier on both of them. jmo

It is as easy as that, actually :)

I saw a clip about this on NG yesterday. The text message she sent to a friend did it for me... I think she planned it one way or another and when she had the chance, she did it.

Comment found on newspage linked in first post:

"Jordan Graham now admits she pushed her husband Cody Johnson on July 7th. She didn’t however, report him missing.

It was on July 8, that Johnson's employer reported him missing. The following day Jordan reportedly told investigators Johnson texted her he was going with an out-of-town friend for a drive and she claimed she saw him leaving in a dark vehicle. The FBI agent reported she deleted the text.

Three days later on July 11, at 8:30 p.m., Jordan reportedly told a Park Ranger she'd been searching herself and found Cody's body below The Loop. The Ranger commented to her, he thought it was unusual that she had found the body. Jordan replied that (and this is not joking), “It was a place he wanted to see before he died.”

Two days later on July 13, Jordan told a close friend that she'd received an email that said Cody had left with 3 friends to go hiking, he had fallen and the search should be called off.

Finally, on July 16 the affidavit states that after being advised of her Miranda rights she allegedly admitted her previous lies, apparently telling FBI that on July 7 she and Cody had a heated argument while hiking the Loop Trail, she pushed him, and the rest we know about. That was her last interview with authorities. "

source material: AFFIDAVIT IN SUPPORT OF COMPLAINT

She stated Johnson grabbed her
by the arm. Graham turned and removed Johnson’s hand from
her arm. After removing Johnson’s hand from her arm, Graham
stated she could have just walked away, but due to her anger, she
pushed Johnson with both hands in the back and as a result, he
fell face first off the cliff.

How did she push him in his back if he was facing her and had grabbed her arm? She planned this imo.

http://missoulian.com/jordan-linn-graham-affidavit/pdf_e22d259e-198d-11e3-b14e-001a4bcf887a.html

Newlywed released pending trial for shoving husband off cliff

MISSOULA, Mont. — A Montana newlywed charged with second-degree murder for allegedly pushing her husband off a cliff at Glacier National Park has been released from prison pending trial.

http://www.1037chuckfm.com/news/news/newlywed-admits-shoving-hubby-cliff-his-death/nZrqJ/

I don't exactly buy her latest story either. If they were arguing and he grabbed her hand, he would be facing her.
Was there any life insurance taken out on this guy?

She was quite lucky to have found someone like her deceased hubby that "would do anything for her" as her friends have claimed. Lucky indeed and now she blew it.

Annulment, simple as that. Ugh! :banghead:

snipped

Newlywed released pending trial for shoving husband off cliff

MISSOULA, Mont. — A Montana newlywed charged with second-degree murder for allegedly pushing her husband off a cliff at Glacier National Park has been released from prison pending trial.

http://www.1037chuckfm.com/news/news/newlywed-admits-shoving-hubby-cliff-his-death/nZrqJ/

I just don't understand why she was released until her trial. Because of "strong community ties" and because she supposedly doesn't pose a danger to others? Forgive me, but if you end someone's life, I think you're a danger to others.

JMO

An interesting article from a Montana lawyer regarding annulments in Montana:

http://mtfamilylawblog.com/montana-annulment/

Most everything you hear about annulment of marriage in Montana is a myth and the reason for that is the Montana Legislature did away with traditional annulment laws years ago. Instead, some Montana marriages may be terminated by a “declaration of invalidity,” which essentially means the marriage is not valid and so does not exist. Even with a declaration of invalidity as an option, Montana divorce laws favor the dissolution process as a means to dissolve a marriage. For that reason, declarations of invalidity can be hard to come by and are only granted in certain situations.

I just don't understand why she was released until her trial. Because of "strong community ties" and because she supposedly doesn't pose a danger to others? Forgive me, but if you end someone's life, I think you're a danger to others.

JMO

Why is there even a trial? she confessed.

and why is this national news? I dont get it. She did it, admitted it case closed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlackBalled
Back