GUILTY MT - Sherry Arnold, 43, Sidney, 7 Jan 2012 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eight hours ago on Spell's myspace page, http://www.myspace.com/115309986,he received a The Spotlight Badge because so many people have looked at his pictures.

I know the pics have nothing to do with Sherry, but I thought I'd post the myspace page so others who are interested can see them too.

Sorry if it has been posted before. :)

Grant Florida is about 5 miles south of my mom :curses:

I'm sorry Lera, it seems like so many of the big cases here involve Florida.

I think n/t noted that one of the detention facilities Waters had been in was in or called Putnum. Since he does look meth-ish the thought did cross my mind that he knows the Cummings and/or the Croslins. So many of them are involved in or jailed because of drugs. Putnum sure is dysfunction junction isn't it? :)

"By late Monday, nine days after she disappeared, there was still no report of where her body might be, or even if it’s in Montana or North Dakota."

Okay, so now they have no idea at all where Sherry might be? The media coverage of this case is really bizarre, and I'm not sure what to make of it at this point. I really want to believe that the whole situation is being handled properly by FBI, but all of the conflicting reports and hedging seems very strange to me.

More here.

I wish we knew if these guys had cell phones and if LE has been able to get any pings off their phones for those 6 days.

Unfortunately, there is lots of territory in that area with no cell coverage at all. If they had cell phones, then pings from areas that have coverage could provide some hints but probably not enough information to pinpoint where they hid her body.

I know its not much, but a partial result from peoplesmart is showing that a Lester V Waters, age 47 has lived in Sebastian, Vero Beach and Grant Florida.

Wish we knew aliases to be able to give us an idea of other places he may have lived.

We know he was in Florida because he had been incarcerated there.

There is a list of aliases for Waters on this web page:
http://www.mugshots.com/US-Counties/Florida/Indian-River-County-FL/Lester-V-Waters-Jr/details/

These two remind me of little Aliahna Lemmon's murderer. He also was younger and lived with an older man. Prison connection, work release connection, or friend of a friend connection?

Hope tomorrow brings more answers.

I can't find any connections for them other than Parachute, CO, and that only from MSM. When I do searches for them on the Internet I only find FL locations for Waters and nothing comes up for Spell. I couldn't get Intelius to work, though. Spell probably lived in CO at least 4 years, because he was arrested there twice in 2007 (according to this article: http://www.chron.com/news/article/FBI-seeks-help-finding-Montana-teacher-s-body-2552387.php). Charges against Spell were dropped in both cases, so he wouldn't have met Waters in prison, who served time in FL.

It's possible that they're related by marriage, or they could have met in a bar while living in Parachute and felt an immediate connection because they were both looking for work. Maybe they worked together there and were both laid off. If Spell is unemployed, he could be living with family members even if he's married. Since Waters spent a few years in prison, and was last released in 8/2010, it's hard to tell when he last worked a steady job. He may also have lived with relatives, or maybe in cheap motels. If someone lived in a motel, would the address of the motel be listed for them in the telephone book or on the Internet?

I wonder where these guys lived in Williston? In the "Man Camps?" Perhaps they went back after the incident and in a "not so clear" state of mind said things that others heard .... thus the annonymous tips. Timelines would be interesting. Did they report back to work or to the next job? That might narrow the farmland search. It's true there is vast open space but honestly it is not easily told if the farmsteads are truly vacant. I don't think they would have taken a chance of someone coming out. I would focus on the desolate, obvious ones that are off the main roads and...a shovel? where did they buy that? Probably WalMart in Williston because at that hour not many stores open. Then...which direction did they turn from WalMart? Where they were familiar? Close to home or where the least amount of traffic is? I'd like to know where they worked and lived and where that was located in Williston. Also, where did their jobs take them?

Bessie posted on thread #2 that Spell has family connections to Ordway CO and Lafayette LA... Haven't found anything yet to put him in Florida, or Waters in Louisiana, though.

http://www.examiner.com/criminal-pr...relation-to-fbi-sherry-arnold-case-questioned

Ok here goes I was thinking about this woman that was threatened near Forsyth, MT what if LE has not released a description because a third party may have been involved with our two who are arrested and they don't want to tip that third party off that they know?

There were other articles released about that incident. I don't understand why The Examiner is the only one that is saying that that incident could be related to Sherry's abduction because I would think that they could be. :waitasec:

Here's the quote linking the incident to Sherry's abduction from the article you just posted:
Or, it could, however, be yet another clue in the ongoing investigation into Sherry Arnold’s disappearance and death.

Here are articles that did not link that incident to Sherry's abduction:
http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/31e1ab4131a74e46889533a334a25873/MT--Forsyth-Abduction-Attempt/

Thingvold does not believe the case is related to Arnold's disappearance.
"We have nothing to point that way," he said.

http://billingsgazette.com/news/sta...cle_8ca53c1a-2fb9-5636-a6eb-2aa24c577829.html

Thingvold said he did not believe the two cases were related.
"We have nothing to point that way," he said.

Yesterday evening I posted that I thought that Sherry was last seen jogging by the post office.

I just looked and I can't find any articles that say that so I asked for that post to be removed.

I'm really, really sorry that I messed that up.

Yesterday evening I posted that I thought that Sherry was last seen jogging by the post office.

I just looked and I can't find any articles that say that so I asked for that post to be removed.

I'm really, really sorry that I messed that up.

I don't think any articles say that, but you aren't crazy, or imagining things! See Post #34 in the 1st thread. Boilly, a local, said that early on.

Spell's Peekyou said that he did farm work. Since farm owners do not always seem to care if their workers are able to provide accurate documentation of their identity, I wonder if Waters has done farm work and the two met that way.

I don't think any articles say that, but you aren't crazy, or imagining things! See Post #34 in the 1st thread. Boilly, a local, said that early on.

:doh: Sheesh, I just took the foot out of my mouth and now I'm putting it back in, not exactly the breakfast of champions! :D

Thank you for finding that!

Spell's Peekyou said that he did farm work. Since farm owners do not always seem to care if their workers are able to provide accurate documentation of their identity, I wonder if Waters has done farm work and the two met that way.
That's what I'm thinkig, too, Daisy. I haven't found anything to link the two prior to Colorado. Apparently, Spell has lived there for quite some time, according to the neighbor's statement. But what the heck drew Waters there? He's a tough one. I wonder if he's used the name "van Waters" in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
?Unicorn/Fkboi?