GUILTY MT - Sherry Arnold, 43, Sidney, 7 Jan 2012 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I'm thinkig, too, Daisy. I haven't found anything to link the two prior to Colorado. Apparently, Spell has lived there for quite some time, according to the neighbor's statement. But what the heck drew Waters there? He's a tough one. I wonder if he's used the name "van Waters" in the past.

Yes he is.

I wonder if someone in Spell's family was in a line of work that was affected by the oil spill. Perhaps Waters worked with that family member or members and was tipped off that there was work, in a boom town or even not in a boom town, in Colorado.

That scares me even more. The perp arrested in Rapid City would have taken US 85 south... There's no other major routes south from Williston/Sidney, MT to Rapid City, and Colorado really. US 85 passes through some of the most remote areas of this country. Northwest South Dakota and Southwest North Dakota are very, very remote.

We are about a mile from 85, it is a trucking route to 90 from ND.

I checked bus routes from Williston to Rapid City [I had to put in today's date to get the info]:

http://www.jeffersonlines.com/

Williston (View Map)
NW Dakota Public Transit
Williston Heritage Center
18 Main
Williston, ND 58801
Phone: 701-577-6753
Carriers: Jefferson Lines

Williston
NW Dakota Public Transit (MAP)
18 Main
Williston, ND 58801
Williston Heritage Center
→
Rapid City
Jefferson Bus Depot @ Milo Barber Transportation Center (MAP)
333 6th St
Rapid City, SD 57701
Select Fare Departure Arrival Duration Transfers Carrier Rte
$139.00 3:35pm 19 Jan @ 6:55am 16h, 20m 2 JLI 931

JLI = Jefferson Lines
RRT = Rimrock Trailways

https://www.jeffersonlines.com/book...,+SD&dd=1/18/2012&rd=&tfa=1&tfs=0&tfu=0&tfc=0

I wonder if they are coming off all their drugs....if they are addicts then they would be "detoxing" and would be really sick. I watched that rehab show and jeesh, they really go through a lot of sickness coming off of them.

I know I've heard that truckers use meth speed to keep them going since they often times need to work for longer stretches of time. I think I've heard that the companies that drill into our beautiful oceans are required to work long stretches of time too (ie: 3-4 days long shifts/ 3-4 days off). If that is the case I wonder if that holds true for the land oil drilling?

IF that is the case I wonder if that is something that attracted Waters to drilling oil or even to supplying drugs to oil workers.

These two are such an odd couple I just have to wonder if the connection is related to criminal behavior.

Here is the route from Williston to Rapid City. What I'm having difficulty with concerning Spell going to Rapid City is IF he took this bus he could have gotten off at Billings, MT, Buffalo, WY, or Gillette, Wy and gotten to Denver and then to Parachute. At Buffalo, WY he would have been on I-25 and about 6 hours north of Denver. Doesn't make sense to me. If there was someone in Williston who had connections to Rapid City, he could have gotten a ride with them and hid out in Rapid City. :waitasec: There may well have been a third person involved.

Station Arrives Departs Layover Dep. Route
Williston, ND 3:35pm JLI 931
NW Dakota Public Transit
18 Main
Williston, ND 58801
701-577-6753
Sidney, MT 3:45pm 3:45pm JLI 931
Glendive, MT 5:00pm 7:40pm 2h, 40m RRT 0001 Transfer
Terry, MT 8:20pm 8:20pm RRT 0001
Miles City, MT 9:00pm 9:15pm 15m RRT 0001
Forsyth, MT 9:55pm 9:55pm RRT 0001
Hysham, MT 10:20pm 10:20pm RRT 0001
Billings, MT 11:35pm 12:15am 40m JLI 702 Transfer
Sheridan, WY 2:15am 2:15am JLI 702
Buffalo, WY 2:55am 3:10am 15m JLI 702
Gillette, WY 4:20am 4:20am JLI 702
Spearfish, SD 5:55am 5:55am JLI 702
Rapid City, SD 6:55am
Jefferson Bus Depot @ Milo Barber Transportation Center
333 6th St
Rapid City, SD 57701
605-348-3300

https://www.jeffersonlines.com/ticketing/view-schedule.asp?p=1&dd=01/18/2012&r=58156434

From the moment I heard that Spell was in the Pennington County [Rapid City] jail something has bothered me. Why Rapid City? He is from Parachute, Colorado, which is a remote part of NW Colorado. Parachute is on a back route from Vernal, Utah to I-70 and into Denver. From Williston he could have gone to Salt Lake City and been close to Parachute. He could have gone through Buffalo, Wy onto Denver. Rapid City doesn't make sense except for one thing [to me]. I believe there is another person involved, even if it is tangentially. Spell must have been working with someone besides Waters who has connections to Rapid City. A direct route by car/truck would be 85 to 90 into Rapid City.

Does he have a facebook profile? I found one but not sure if it's him so won't post.

~n/t~

I'm not sure of FB...it took me a bit to be sure of the MS.

tara

Waters had a charge of growing marijuana, as well as dealing cocaine. Social networking sites show that Michael and his friends have probably met a few dealers in their day.

If the two men didn't meet at work somewhere, they may just know each other by running in the same drug circles.

Michael's brother talked about him driving up 'with some guy' for a job. Do oil workers do work in different towns like that, or are they usually in one place for a while?

That statement could also mean that the two are just friends, and Michael was looking for work, so he drove up with Waters (if the brother was referring to Waters) to look for a job in another town.

It does sound like both have been living in Parachute, so I'm thinking the brother might have been referring to why Michael was in Montana! With Waters, too, presumably. For a job (of some nature).

Of course, Michael also may have lied to his brother; we have no idea ;)

Does he have a facebook profile? I found one but not sure if it's him so won't post.

I don't think so.

On Peekyou it does not list a facebook, only a myspace with pictures of suspect Spell. Yet on pipl I don't see that myspace, so I don't know how thorough those kinds of locators are. Pipl has changed since the last time I was there so I could have missed it because the changes threw me off.

From the moment I heard that Spell was in the Pennington County [Rapid City] jail something has bothered me. Why Rapid City? He is from Parachute, Colorado, which is a remote part of NW Colorado. Parachute is on a back route from Vernal, Utah to I-70 and into Denver. From Williston he could have gone to Salt Lake City and been close to Parachute. He could have gone through Buffalo, Wy onto Denver. Rapid City doesn't make sense except for one thing [to me]. I believe there is another person involved, even if it is tangentially. Spell must have been working with someone besides Waters who has connections to Rapid City. A direct route by car/truck would be 85 to 90 into Rapid City.

Could he have taken a back route because he was attempting fly under the radar as much as possible?

Something else that has puzzled me: if Spell decided to return to CO early on he had a number of days to get there, yet as far as we know he was found relatively close to the scene of the crime.

Waters had a charge of growing marijuana, as well as dealing cocaine. Social networking sites show that Michael and his friends have probably met a few dealers in their day.

If the two men didn't meet at work somewhere, they may just know each other by running in the same drug circles.

Michael's brother talked about him driving up 'with some guy' for a job. Do oil workers do work in different towns like that, or are they usually in one place for a while?

That statement could also mean that the two are just friends, and Michael was looking for work, so he drove up with Waters (if the brother was referring to Waters) to look for a job in another town.

It does sound like both have been living in Parachute, so I'm thinking the brother might have been referring to why Michael was in Montana! With Waters, too, presumably. For a job (of some nature).

Of course, Michael also may have lied to his brother; we have no idea ;)

I agree that Spell and Waters may have met through mutual drug dealer "friends".

I also think it's highly likely that Spell lied to his brother. We don't know when the alleged threat against Spell by Waters was made. Maybe now that Spell is in jail, he has concocted a story that he was threatened.

I think some oil workers are transient and go from place to place as the company they work for asks them to. Several articles have stated that Parachute is also an oil boom town and I think it's very likely that Spell and Waters were working in Parachute and were reassigned to Sidney or Williston for their jobs. I'm getting the impression that some oil companies may not be doing such a thorough job of vetting their employees or doing background checks and criminal record checks.

Eight hours ago on Spell's myspace page, http://www.myspace.com/115309986,he received a The Spotlight Badge because so many people have looked at his pictures.

I know the pics have nothing to do with Sherry, but I thought I'd post the myspace page so others who are interested can see them too.

Sorry if it has been posted before. :)

Wow! In his Myspace Page, Spell still looks like his nose had been broken already, but it looks like that picture was taken in much "happier" days!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member