Munchausen Syndrome by Internet.

The Amazon wish list thing is, to me, a dead giveaway. Seems a lot of scammers love those. A friend of mine pointed out a girl on Twitter that was pregnant, claimed to be very poor, (maybe she WAS very poor...idk). She would say things like she hadn't eaten, was waiting for her boyfriend to find money, etc.
A few in their group felt sorry and were direct messaging with her. She set up a wishlist with food items in it at first. About a week later, an mp3 player appeared in the wishlist. lol

She was posting photos of her and the boyfriend , they were apparently 'juggalos' and she somehow forgot that all of her friends could see her tweets to other people. she must have had a 'moment' and posted pictures of her marijuana joints to one of her friends.

Her friend list dropped dramatically that night and I am pretty sure her amazon list died.

so, be cautious, and while some people may need help, its likely they don't.

That just showed WHY she didn't have money for food, and do you know how much it takes to satisfy the "munchies"? How could people be so heartless? :notgood:

MY DH made a great point. If people can afford a computer and internet. Give that bill up for food.

That just showed WHY she didn't have money for food, and do you know how much it takes to satisfy the "munchies"? How could people be so heartless? :notgood:

LOL............that's most of my grocery list!:great:

lol! cheetos and stuff is expensive, right?? lol

and, if they've got a computer/internet or a fancy phone with internet...um...I agree! there's your grocery and baby diaper money.

There are so many folks who use the internet for scams. I'm skeptical to a fault, and have a hard time believing any sad story I read online.

Any one in the US who is truly needy, will receive food stamps and emergency funding and lists of food banks. I do not believe anyone who would sit on their computer and post about being 'hungry.'

I dunno......I used to get a $heetload of food from Taco Bell for cheep. Um, but not because.... Um, these "munchies" you speak of....what are they? :innocent:

Help me out here. Was it WS that had a thread devoted to the (apparent) MBP family that was featured on Extreme Makeover? I remember de-bunking a bunch of stuff on that thread, but cannot locate it. Maybe it was somewhere else?

My favorite part was her EKG analysis.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136221"]OR~'Extreme Makeover' family accused of medical child abuse - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I just read through the thread that Donjeta posted. Holy cow.
I have my own opinions on the Home Makeover show, but why did they not vet her story?
MBP is a strange, dangerous, abusive disorder.
( I totally see my family member in that story...)

Anyone know where that 'mother' is now? she showed signs of MBP (internet) in her postings over and over and its likely she hasn't stopped.

its like the famous 'HockeyInsiderrrrr' idiot that trolls message boards and Twitter groups and claims to have 'insider(rrrrr)' info. It's always a 50/50 thing and when 'hes' wrong, he's got an out. It was recently outed that he's a 16 year old kid. lol

YOU CAN BE ANYONE ON THE INTERWEBZ YOU GUYS.

*did I tell y'all I was a Disney Princess? because I am.....*

There's a Bills board I'll post on once in awhile. A lot of people claim to have inside information on draft picks, or pending free agent signings, and when they don't happen they have an excuse or two.

There are a couple in particular that get about 25% right. So, many other posters believe they really have inside information. :rolleyes:

its like the famous 'HockeyInsiderrrrr' idiot that trolls message boards and Twitter groups and claims to have 'insider(rrrrr)' info. It's always a 50/50 thing and when 'hes' wrong, he's got an out. It was recently outed that he's a 16 year old kid. lol

YOU CAN BE ANYONE ON THE INTERWEBZ YOU GUYS.

*did I tell y'all I was a Disney Princess? because I am.....*

Here's a story about a guy who calls himself "Incarcerated Bob" http://nfldraftmonsters.com/news/is-incarceratedbob-a-complete-fraud/

I heart the interwebz.

Cuz Ima be a twenty-something leggy blonde rocket scientist.

And y'all can't stop me!

yes! IncarceratedBob must be blood related to HockeyyInsiderr. (we call him Insiderrp)

http://deadspin.com/5934256/hockeyy...ter-rumormonger-is-probably-a-17+year+old-kid

Later, one of our local bloggers did find his identity...but I can't find that one right now.

weirdos.

Very much the same probably.

I heart the interwebz.

Cuz Ima be a twenty-something leggy blonde rocket scientist.

And y'all can't stop me!

BBM

I'm afraid not!

Very interesting article.
Thanks!

Just started reading this article...and what an unfortunate choice of words when the author writes, "she wanted to keep her family abreast of her treatment" !!!

The woman had breast cancer, for goodness sake!

Having been on the internet forever, I have to say there are no sites worse trolled than support groups for pregnant women/women trying to conceive, referred to as TTC.

Oh my gosh. Women who want to be pregnant but aren't are really some of the most incredibly destructive people on the planet.

Having been on the internet forever, I have to say there are no sites worse trolled than support groups for pregnant women/women trying to conceive, referred to as TTC.

Oh my gosh. Women who want to be pregnant but aren't are really some of the most incredibly destructive people on the planet.

I agree! At least over the internet they don't have to worry about having the baby stolen OUT of them like some crazy sickos have tried before. Then again, pregnant moms dont't need any excess stress at all. They are incubators! :)

We have had a few people who claimed to be missing children. That is one of the worst imvho.

We have had a few people who claimed to be missing children. That is one of the worst imvho.

The whole Shannon Sherrill / Donna what's her name (Jones?) fiasco started with internet contact. Sick. Sucked the very life out of some people around here.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back