Munchausen Syndrome by Internet.

First there is no shame in seeking therapy. I've done it and wish I could find a cheap source for it. I don't know where you live, but NYS has a lot of financial help programs.

Also, there is a thread here for people suffering from depression.

Also, I would suggest starting a thread here for people suffering from Crohns disease and I think you'll find others to talk to. This board is very well moderated and nobody should be asking for money. If they are just notify a mod and it will be taken care of. JMO
BBM

I'm not sure what you have there, but around here both Catholic Charities and Lutheran Social Services have offered mental health therapy (for those of any religion, it's not spiritual treatment). I'm not sure how they do it now, but they did have it on a sliding fee scale; basically, you paid what you could afford, even if it was $0.

Crohns disease sucks...I've had patients who have it, and I kid you not...they suffer sooo much, and the patients tell me it's a pretty "embarrassing" disease to have. *I* don't think there's anything to be embarrassed about, though...so talk/vent away. This is an excellent site for that.

Two things.

LinusK...please don't be leary of my prayer thread...it's all true, I promise. Unfortunately, it's all true. I'm so very much looking forward to the day when I can say "I've recovered!!" and throw a party for everyone, but that's not going to be for a little while. And I have to say that the prayer thread has kept me going, through some serious pain and illnesses, when very little else could or did. Of course be judicious, but don't think I'm one of the MBP/I...I would probably choose a disease that's not quite so...erm...ah...personal as vulvar cancer. LOL.

The other thought...

It does not fail to amaze me at some of the imposters we have had on these boards. I mean, this is a board who sleuths out crimes and bad guys/girls...I mean, look at AZLawyer and JWG (who both ROCK.THE.HOUSE!)...they didn't even have to work that hard to get the info...just research records (not to take anything away...but that's part of what's so mind blistering about their discovery - it wasn't hidden. In plain sight!) and think a bit. (Again, not taking anything away from them at all...).

So how on earth does someone think they can come here, with the enormous numbers of posters from so many different walks of life, and fabricate things? And think they won't be discovered? I mean...really.

Scammers are scammers all over the world, and all over the internet. MBP is a very weird, weird illness...and those who are truly ill with it have my sympathy (yes, they do. Mental illness is a devastating thing to have). But as it's dangerous to everyone around the sufferer, it has to be caught and treated.

Internet scammers - people who prey upon those compassionate and good hearted folks - just because they can...well...they should all be beaten about the head with a dead fish. And that's just being nice.

Best-
Herding Cats

PS: Steely, you're still not getting Fred back. Period. Deal with it.

BBM

:trout:

This is for you HC for keeping Fred around dangerous animals;
animated-smileys-brutal-violent-045.gif

Where would I start a thread like that? I've gotten a bit better financially. My doctors have helped me a lot, I have an awesome prescription drug program that pays for most of my meds, so that's really awesome. I still do try to help others when I can. I just make sure it's people in person that I can see lol. I donate an extra dollar at Petsmart when I get my cats' food, bring extra stuff to the local no kill shelter, give things to people I know that are needy, etc. I just hate to see anyone taken advantage of.

Start it in the Jury Room and Title it something like a thread for those with Crohns disease. JMO

Good topic Steely. For years and years I moderated a dog list. Other than the normal squabbling (people get very passionate about their dogs), there were the occasional kooks. I prefer moderated lists, versus non-moderated, for this very reason. Even then, some of them get through, but at least they eventually get booted off. It's one of the reasons I like Websleuths.

Thank you Steely for this thread! I just saw it. You make me laugh so hard. Thanks for all the other true life experiences I just read. I'm working on one now but honestly, I don't want to know if it's true or not as I liked this person. Always doubtful anyway (in a positive way, ha, doc xoxo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back