Murdoch calls allegations against his paper 'deplorable'

This will all be covered up. Thats why NOTW was closed, to bury the evidence, not just for News Corp, but also for the Police, the Politicians and the as yet, unidentified, Establishment Agencies involved in selling personal information to the NOTW PI's. Not to mention NOTW links to Organized Crime.

It is so serious and corrupt, that it will be minimized via selective charging and arrests. The current news management is a News Corp damage limitation exercise. They slowly released the information, then when they knew they were losing control over the media agenda they closed NOTW and released the emails about Coulson, hoping just like the rogue reporter fiction this will explain away everything, and hopefully close the story down.

Currently the story revolves around voicemail phone hacking, just what will happen if the computer hacking, smartphone interception, tracker devices, and all their other surveillance techniques were to be revealed?

I cannot comment further as this is a sub-judice matter will be words you will hear a lot shortly on this subject!

Police investigate suspected deletion of millions of emails by NI executive

Excellent Guardian investigative piece about the culture of deceit viz a viz NotW. Me, I won't be content until a Murdoch is behind bars. (I know, I know - don't hold my breath! but when one sees a cancer one wants to root it out.)

He will probably make a deal and not admit or deny guilt and pay a small fine....or offer up a lackey scapegoat(s) for serious jail time. :maddening:

His son might be in deep doodoo.

The great Charlie Brooker in the Guardian:

The last News of the World was downright odd
Today I bought the News of the World. Last week I'd joined in with the obligatory Twitter hashtag-boycott-pass-the-parcel, but now I had a brilliant excuse for scabbing out: I'd been asked to read the final edition for this paper. Having fashioned a disguise from dirt and wool, I cycled to the newsagents at 7.30am, to find they were already selling fast. Clearly the boycott was having an effect. Having secured a copy, I made my excuses and left – after hiding it inside a necro-zoophiliac *advertiser censored* mag, so any passers-by outside wouldn't judge me too harshly.
---
(the rest of the piece at link above)

British hacking scandal could gain U.S. legal scrutiny
By Tom Watkins, CNN
July 11, 2011 8:29 p.m. EDT

(CNN) -- The scandal embroiling the empire of media mogul Rupert Murdoch's News International might extend from London to Washington, legal experts not personally involved in the unfolding matter said Monday.

The potential liability flows from journalists at individual newspapers, such as the recently defunct News of the World, to its parent, News International, to its parent, News Corp., which is a publicly held company in the United States.

"The allegation so far with this phone hacking scandal includes a component where someone within News Corp.'s organization perhaps made payments to London police officers to perhaps obtain information that would thus allow News of the World to write newspapers and sell newspapers," said Mike Koehler, a professor of business law at Butler University in Indianapolis, Indiana.

If true, that might violate the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), which Koehler described as "a U.S. law that generally prohibits the payment of money or anything of value to a foreign official for a business purpose.

"So, there does seem to be a basis for a U.S. investigation at this point."

If anyone at News Corp. participated in payments to police officers or authorized such payments or even knew about them and failed to stop them, the case could wind up in the lap of the U.S. Department of Justice.
Full article:

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/07/14/us.hacking/index.html?eref=mrss_igoogle_cnn

FBI to probe Murdoch's company over Sept. 11 allegation
By the CNN Wire Staff
July 14, 2011

Washington (CNN) -- The FBI has launched an investigation into Rupert Murdoch's News Corp. after a report that employees or associates may have attempted to hack into phone conversations and voice mail of September 11 survivors, victims and their families, a federal law enforcement source told CNN Thursday.

"We are aware of the allegations and are looking into them," said the source, who requested anonymity due to the sensitivity of the investigation. "We'll be looking at anyone acting for or on behalf of News Corp., from the top down to janitors," to gather information and determine whether any laws may have been broken.

Because the investigation just began, it's too early to say when the first interviews will be conducted, the source said, adding the probe is a "high priority."

New York Rep. Peter T. King, a Republican, earlier this week asked FBI Director Robert Mueller to investigate the possibility that journalists working for Murdoch may have tapped into the phones of 9/11 victims and relatives....

Murdoch is a pig. JMO

Okay, Rebekah Brooks is gone. Time to zero in on Rupe & Co.

WSJ publisher quits in phone-hacking scandal
By JILL LAWLESS and ROBERT BARR

Rupert Murdoch accepted the resignations of The Wall Street Journal's publisher and the chief of his British operations on Friday as the once-defiant media mogul struggled to control an escalating phone hacking scandal, offering apologies to the public and the family of a murdered schoolgirl.

[...]

Hinton, 67, has worked for Murdoch's News Corp. for 52 years and is one of the media baron's staunchest allies. He became head of Dow Jones in December 2007.

He was chairman of Murdoch's British newspaper arm during some of the years its staffers are alleged to have hacked cell phones, but testified to a parliamentary committee in 2009 that he had seen no evidence abuses had spread beyond a single jailed reporter, Clive Goodman.

Hinton said Friday that "the pain caused to innocent people (by hacking) is unimaginable."

"That I was ignorant of what apparently happened is irrelevant, and in the circumstances I feel it is proper for me to resign from News Corp. and apologize to those hurt by the actions of News of the World," he said.

Murdoch said he accepted Hinton's resignation with "much sadness." It capped a difficult week for the embattled mogul.

Full article: click

News Corp’s future
Jul 15, 2011 18:15 EDT

Next up: the show trial on Tuesday, where James and Rupert will be ceremonially roasted by various UK MPs. If they express only contrition for what happened, without accepting personal responsibility or admitting any culpability, the reaction will not be pleasant: Rupert, in particular, is known as an assiduous reader and manager of everything that goes on at his newspapers, and he can’t credibly plead ignorance of what they were doing. Similarly, James spent two years hand-in-hand with Les Hinton covering up the hacking and approving seven-figure payoffs to victims designed to keep them quiet. Indeed, his plan to cover up the wrongdoing rather than come clean might even have worked, were it not for the tireless reporting of Nick Davies at the Guardian and the unexpected revelation that the hacking affected not only politicians and celebrities but also the victims of personal tragedy.
Full article: click

Rebekah Brooks, who resigned Friday as chief executive of Rupert Murdoch's News International, was arrested Sunday by British police investigating phone hacking and police bribery by the defunct tabloid News of the World.

Well it looks like she is going to be the sacrificial lamb in this whole thing, Murdoch more than likely will get away clean.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/07/17/world/main20080162.shtml?tag=breakingnews

Rebekah Brooks, who resigned Friday as chief executive of Rupert Murdoch's News International, was arrested Sunday by British police investigating phone hacking and police bribery by the defunct tabloid News of the World.

Well it looks like she is going to be the sacrificial lamb in this whole thing, Murdoch more than likely will get away clean.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/07/17/world/main20080162.shtml?tag=breakingnews

Well C'mon, Murdoch didn't know this was going on.............................according to him. :rolleyes:

Yes, agreed, they'll allow the Witch of Wapping to be burned at the stake, and, sadly, maintain their holdings, living to villify others on another day.

From the Guardian, Charlie Brooker, on task once again:
You know the liberating feeling when someone unpopular leaves the room and everyone breathes a sigh of relief before openly discussing how much they dislike them? I don't. What's it like? What do people say? I only ever catch the odd whisper as the door shuts behind me. I'd love to hear the full conversation. Fortunately, watching Britain's politicians queue up to denounce Rupert Murdoch has given me a taste of how such talk might play out.
---
the rest is here:

Rupert Murdoch: what will MPs do without someone to fear?

The sights and sounds of a nation in rage! And laughter!

Rebekah Brook, pictured swinging from the flag at the Cenotaph a la Pink Floyd son Charlie Gilmour.

Hackgate: it's now a major motion picture, sort of!

From the Brooker column above:
The trickiest role to cast is surely Andy Hayman, the former Metropolitan police assistant commissioner whose appalling delivery of a key line managed to turn the select committee hearing into an unconvincing TV movie version of itself while it was actually happening. "Good God! Absolutely not! I can't believe you asked me that!" he spluttered, like a man hell-bent on failing an Emmerdale audition. It was excruciating enough on television. Imagine having to sit there and watching it live. Keith Vaz probably clenched his buttcheeks so hard they tore the fabric off his chair seat.

ALL of Fox News. And network. (Uh, except the Simpsons!)

I read in the Guardian that if Murdoch, he of the white flabby thighs, doesn't turn up for the Select Committee Hearing there will be a warrant for his arrest.

All of this debacle amounts to espionage, not long ago they could have been executed, the lot of them. They should be sent to the tower:innocent:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back